2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum F10 LCI Adaptive Xenon Headlights RHD to LHD

12-23-2023, 05:20 PM   #1
Anwar1995
Private
Oman
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535i

F10 LCI Adaptive Xenon Headlights RHD to LHD

Hello everyone,

I really hope that this is doable but I bought RHD Adaptive headlights for my LHD F10 and I coded them using E-sys for the vehicle and everything worked without errors but I noticed that the cutoff line is opposite to what it was before I replaced them; the left side now of the low beam is higher than the right side which may blind oncoming traffic.

Is there any way of reversing the cutoff line of the beam so that the left side of the low beam is lower than the right side?? I read somewhere that this is doable manually in the E90 and doable via the iDrive in some newer F series models with adaptive headlights but I couldn't find anything for my 2014MY F10 LCI.

Keep in mind I am not asking about manual vertical aim adjustment which I already did and made both headlight beams level. I am specifically asking about reversing the beam cutoff line from RHD to LHD.

Note that my F10 is US spec and the reason for replacing the headlights in the first place is that a shop installed longer bolts that hold the front bumper onto the headlight brackets which after tightening punctured the headlight and caused water ingress into them which ruined them. Its a long story but in short I got compensated and now currently I am in this situation where I have RHD adaptive headlights which are functioning as they should minus the reversed cutoff line.

Any help is appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2024, 05:56 AM   #2
Blue Angel
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 323i and 2016 535d

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess no, it cannot be software corrected. The reason I think this is, based on my research BMW makes three sets of LCI adaptive LED headlight housings: LHD non-adaptive, LHD adaptive, and RHD adaptive, depending which market you’re in. If it was possible to alter the headlight mode via software they could eliminate a pair of unique part numbers from their stock.

IIRC, all the headlights use the same modules, which is what can be coded for different options, but the housings themselves have different optics.

Question for you: with your upgrade to adaptive housings, do you notice wider light coverage in low or high beam mode? I suspect the non-adaptive lights have weaker high beam output in the outer two modules, the ones which articulate during adaptive GFHB functions.
Appreciate 0