2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Angel eyes / welcome lights with fade in/out

12-29-2023, 03:15 AM   #1
iameddwardd
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Angel eyes / welcome lights with fade in/out

Hello everybody. I wonder if there is a coding for fade in/out when unlock/lock the car for welcome light/angel eyes?
I mean when unlock car and lights on to start with fade in, to be progressive from 0 to higher intensity?
Hope you got me!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 04:35 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Click the following link to the Bimmercode website for the F chassis 5 series supported codings…and scroll down to the WELCOME LIGHT heading. Click on it and it will give all the coding parameters for the welcome lights. See if it has hard-on or soft-on selections for the welcome lights you want illuminated: https://bimmercode.app/cars/f10/

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 2
      12-29-2023, 04:48 AM   #3
iameddwardd
Romania
Rep

I checked link you sent but there is no available code for what I want to do. Is there any other possibility to make progressive start of welcome lights? From low intensity to higher intensity ? Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 08:39 AM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iameddwardd View Post
I checked link you sent but there is no available code for what I want to do. Is there any other possibility to make progressive start of welcome lights? From low intensity to higher intensity ? Thank you!
You didn’t give any information as to which coding software or app you are using for coding. I knew that the Bimmercode app did offer welcome light coding parameters…so that’s why I posted that link. You can see that there are options for various types of lighting options, too (LED or bulb).

The site lists which module the coding can be found. So if you have some other coding app or software…you can look for the coding parameters in the module that is listed.

What coding software or app are you using? Perhaps that could be helpful for someone reading this thread to help you better.

Again, you can see the various lights that can be coded for soft on if you have the Bimmercode app in the screen captures below from the link that was posted above. You can also see which module that needs to be accessed to code the soft on.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 3
      12-29-2023, 08:58 AM   #5
iameddwardd
Romania
Rep

I have obd using BimmerCode.
I put here a link to see what I want to do.

angel eyes fade in/out
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 09:22 AM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep

If you have the Bimmercode app…then I’m not sure what the problem is. I gave a link to their website and then posted the screen shots of the page that tells you exactly where to find the coding to have the welcome lights of your choosing for the f-chassis 5 series fade on (they call it SOFT ON).

Since you have the app and the OBD II dongle…try some of the setting to see if that is what you are looking for. Do be aware that you may have to wait until dusk or night or pull into a garage to see how the coding took affect since the Welcome Lights may not come on in daylight. Mine don’t, but I can’t remember if I coded them to only activate when it’s dark or if that is the default mode.

BTW, the video you linked is an e90 3 series. Sometimes the 3 & 5 series have different control modules…so the exact same coding may not be present…but as you can see from the pics above…you have SIX lighting parameters that you can code to SOFT ON (FADE).

Here’s a direct link (like above) to the WELCOME LIGHT coding parameters for the e90 3 series. You can see when you click on the WELCOME LIGHT heading for the e90…they have similar coding parameters…but slightly different options since they use different control modules. The AE soft fade would be the coding parameter from front PARKING LIGHTS. The 5 series does NOT have that option…you can select low beam, high beam, or fog lights.

E90 Coding Options: https://bimmercode.app/cars/e90/

Last edited by Qsilver7; 12-29-2023 at 09:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2023, 12:15 AM   #7
iameddwardd
Romania
Rep

Look another videos because I think you did not understand what I want

welcome lights progressive

progressive lights bmw

progressive lights bmw ix

So, when I unlock the car I want that open Angel eyes from lower to higher brightness , not to start at high intensity directly
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2023, 12:30 PM   #8
NikMN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 n63tu

Qsilver7 provided you with all the information you need. If that's not enough. So just now Im not sure what's missing

Last edited by NikMN; 12-30-2023 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2023, 08:34 PM   #9
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

progressive lights bmw

So, when I unlock the car I want that open Angel eyes from lower to higher brightness , not to start at high intensity directly
Perhaps there’s a failure in communication due to language differences?

If the vehicle is locked and the lights are NOT on….and you code your welcome lights to SOFT ON…they will NOT come on at high intensity. If they do then you have HARD ON coded for the Welcome Lights.

SOFT ON = fade from low to high intensity
HARD ON = comes on at high intensity

Again, you’ve selected BMWs that are from different production build range than your 5 series…so there are some slight differences in the SOFT ON coding in Bimmercode for your BMW…but again..SOFT ON coding for whichever lights you can select to code that is offered in the app (see the screen shots above)…if you select SOFT ON when you unlock your BMW, those lights coded accordingly will start at a low intensity and fade up to a higher intensity.

And again, I’m not sure the Angel Eyes on an f10 can be welcome lights…unless the app was updated but they didn’t update the supported coding page. I know you can code soft on for 6 lights:
  • Low beam
  • High beam
  • Fog lights
  • Side lights
  • Tail lights
  • License plate lights

Last edited by Qsilver7; 12-30-2023 at 08:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2023, 12:18 AM   #10
iameddwardd
Romania
Rep

Ok, I will try again and check to see the effect. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2023, 05:47 PM   #11
ceka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 530d 11'

I think there's a miscommunication.

OP iameddwardd is referring specifically to the angel lights (round doubles or flat bottoms on lci)

Qsilver7 posted all available options, like every light on the outside except angel eyes.

I got fog lights soft on and love it.. all others can't even remember.

edit: read Qsilvers other post, yes all 6 options but not the angel lights on our F10s.

Last edited by ceka; 12-31-2023 at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2023, 05:51 PM   #12
ceka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 530d 11'

Right, the ones on the links are soft start, but on way newer models. G series and up
Maybe it's not available on F chassis..

Like others mention, even same chassis F or G there's different options.
For example on the F80 you can setup "Door handle LEDs light up when engaged in Reverse" on bimmercode, not available on F10 no idea why.
Maybe bimmercode missed it on F10s, maybe different modules?

And soft turn signal is preset to 3, I've tried changing it to more clicks and it codes but in reality it stays on 3 clicks.

Quote:

progressive lights bmw

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2024, 06:33 PM   #13
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep

Thanks…and I did mention to the OP that the cars he was looking at can have different modules…and also listed the lights that could be coded for soft on…with the Angel Eyes (AEs) not being on the f10 list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7
Here’s a direct link (like above) to the WELCOME LIGHT coding parameters for the e90 3 series. You can see when you click on the WELCOME LIGHT heading for the e90…they have similar coding parameters…but slightly different options since they use different control modules. The AE soft fade would be the coding parameter from front PARKING LIGHTS. The 5 series does NOT have that option…you can select low beam, high beam, or fog lights.

E90 Coding Options: https://bimmercode.app/cars/e90/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7
And again, I’m not sure the Angel Eyes on an f10 can be welcome lights…unless the app was updated but they didn’t update the supported coding page. I know you can code soft on for 6 lights:
  • Low beam
  • High beam
  • Fog lights
  • Side lights
  • Tail lights
  • License plate lights

Last edited by Qsilver7; 01-01-2024 at 06:50 PM..
Appreciate 1
ceka24.00
      01-05-2024, 12:28 PM   #14
Jegethy
Rep
Drives: F10 530D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceka View Post
Right, the ones on the links are soft start, but on way newer models. G series and up
Maybe it's not available on F chassis..

Like others mention, even same chassis F or G there's different options.
For example on the F80 you can setup "Door handle LEDs light up when engaged in Reverse" on bimmercode, not available on F10 no idea why.
Maybe bimmercode missed it on F10s, maybe different modules?

And soft turn signal is preset to 3, I've tried changing it to more clicks and it codes but in reality it stays on 3 clicks.
Unfortunately the only turn signal options on the F10 are single flash or 3 flashes. Which doesn't make much sense because it can be changed to 5 on the F11.

On topic to the thread, it doesn't seem that soft on is an option for the Angel Eyes on the F10. I was actually tinkering with it earlier today and came here looking for answers.
Appreciate 1
ceka24.00
      01-12-2024, 02:38 AM   #15
Hubal
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw f10

can you post how its look ?
Appreciate 0