2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Bluetooth Streaming

02-11-2015, 03:36 AM   #1
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Bluetooth Streaming

Hi Guys

Hoping someone can help me out.

The bluetooth streaming on my car worked seamlessly since buying my car, in fact it is one of my favorite features on the car!

It has suddenly stopped automatically playing music from my phone (same phone I had when I purchased the car) when I switch modes to external audio on the majority of occasions, I would say it now automatically plays around 10% of the time. The phone connects, if I hit any of the keys on the phone I can hear the sound through the audio system but the music does not start playing for some reason. If I launch Google Play and manually hit play it will start to stream, however this is so frustrating and kind of defeats the object of the function!!

It worked fine for 8 months, I went on holiday and noticed it was not working properly as soon as I got back to the airport and picked up my car.

I have tried to delete my phone from the car and pair it again and yesterday I updated the software to the latest version but it still does not work.

Anyone else had a similar issue?
Current: VW Transporter Sportline, F48 X1 20i M Sport. Previous: F10 530d M Sport, W176 A200 CDI AMG Evolution, E70 X5 3.0 SD M Sport, F20 120d M Sport, E81 120d M Sport, E46 325i M Sport, E46 318ci & Many Others...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 04:16 AM   #2
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Update

So I had no response to this post but was still experiencing the same problem...

I have a few days off so swapped cars with my wife for the week and I noticed that I am experiencing exactly the same problem with her A Class. Therefore the problem was obviously related to my phone or Google Play. I did a general search on the subject and found many individuals struggling to get Google Play to auto play when connecting via bluetooth to various devices and found some Apps that help resolve the issue.

I downloaded an App called Bluetooth Connect & Play, although there are many that provide similar or more advanced functionality. I tested this on the A Class yesterday and it worked a treat, tested on my car this morning and it works

I thought I would post up just in case any other Google Play users are having similar issues. The App works by allowing you to select which devices you want it to work with, in my case mine and my wife's car but it can be home audio, etc too. You then select which music player you want it to work with, this can be a different one for different devices. The App will then automatically play each time the phone connects to the chosen device, if my radio is on it will not switch to Bluetooth but as soon as I change the mode on the steering wheel the music streams immediately rather than me having to unlock the phone, select Google Play, select a playlist and press play.

Happy days!
Current: VW Transporter Sportline, F48 X1 20i M Sport. Previous: F10 530d M Sport, W176 A200 CDI AMG Evolution, E70 X5 3.0 SD M Sport, F20 120d M Sport, E81 120d M Sport, E46 325i M Sport, E46 318ci & Many Others...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 01:13 AM   #3
Piers
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F10 535d M-Sport

Great news
2017 F10 535d MSport Auto - Mineral Grey - Oyster leather - 19" 351M's - Pro Media - Enhanced bluetooth - MSport rear spoiler - Sun protection glass - Harman Kardon Hifi - Multi Function Display - Ambient Lighting - Folding mirrors - Sunroof - LED adaptive headlights
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 03:56 PM   #4
shiner
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535D MSport Touring

BMW Connected drive and the Amazon Music App is the best app I ever used! Not sussed out how to stream yet, I connect via USB cable in the armrest.

2013 Z4 35is + tons of options. CURRENT
Appreciate 0