2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum I want a 5 Series in Bright Colors
Closed Thread

08-13-2016, 09:38 PM   #1
arachnyd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330i

I want a 5 Series in Bright Colors

I hate boring earthtone cars- its why I drive a yellow Ferrari, a Yellow Wrangler, and a Green Porsche.

Now I used to have an E90 (boring black), and loved it, but it was too small for kids in the back so I at first turned it over to my wife as her second car (plus she's shorter than me), and bought a cadillac CTS, but eventually we sold it.

Like the CTS but we're ready to get back into a beemer.

I have to step up to the 5 series, maybe an M5. Once again the 3 series is too small.

The main reason BMWs just aren't appealing to me is the awful color options- all too bland for me. In the 90s you could get a bright green or bright yellow 5 series... not anymore... M3s have some better options. that is I thought until I met a guy with a yellow M5. All I got from him was that you can order the cars with "BMW Individual colors"

I found light information on BMWs website about "BMW Individual Paint Finishes" but little more than that. I'm guessing it costs out the wazoo, but I can't find much information about it.

Is that just like dealership paint, or is it like factory finishes? Is it worth even talking to a dealer about it or am I best off giving up and looking elsewhere? (Frankly the new Kryptonite Green Metallic Mercedes is sporting is nice)

The other option I could come up with is to custom-paint, but I would hate to put $10k into a custom paint job AND lower the resale all at once.. haha. Plastidip isn't off the table, but plastidipping a newer car seems like heresy.

Anyway, anyone's thoughts are appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 11:34 PM   #2
banff
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW

Individual breaks down into 3 categories

BMW approved individual colors $1900-$2500
BMW colors or previously done colors $5000
Whatever you want (pending approval) $7500
Appreciate 2
Dackelone10527.50
      08-14-2016, 06:40 AM   #3
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by arachnyd View Post
Is that just like dealership paint, or is it like factory finishes?
The car is painted at the factory just as if you ordered a standard color. Talk to your local dealership about it. Not all BMW models can be finished in an Individual color in the US, though I believe a 5 Series can. FYI you may want to consider the brand new G30 5 Series which begins production in just a couple months.

http://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/index.php

It may even be too late to order an F10 5 Series with an individual color anyway.

There are any threads about BMW inidividual here, try Googling:

"individual site:bimmerpost.com"

For more information.

Quote:
The other option I could come up with is to custom-paint, but I would hate to put $10k into a custom paint job AND lower the resale all at once.. haha. Plastidip isn't off the table, but plastidipping a newer car seems like heresy.
A popular solution is a colored wrap. Results are typically great. Lots of information on this forum and the Internet on this too.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread