2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum The Official "Tip-In" / "Acceleration/Throttle Delay" Resolution Thread

08-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #23
AlexK
Private First Class
Uzbekistan
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d, 2013 C63

You might correct some of the misinformation (or rather an irrelevant information) in your original post to prevent further confusion... BMS Powerbox is not available for F10/F11 models, at least not according to official website: http://burgertuning.com/BMS_Power_Box.html
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #24
Sonnie
Bama Hillbilly
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 528i

I verified with Terry Burger that it is available prior to posting that it is available, with permission from him to include it in my post. I cannot answer for why they do not include it on their website.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 11:59 PM   #25
AlexK
Private First Class
Uzbekistan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnie View Post
I verified with Terry Burger that it is available prior to posting that it is available, with permission from him to include it in my post. I cannot answer for why they do not include it on their website.
What is exactly available? BMS PowerBox is NOT available for new 5-series models, not in any form, and will not be available any time soon. It is available for other models, but that's not really relevant for this forum section. Next time when you post rumors/fairy tales, cite your reliable factual sources, or don't post anything at all. Here, I'll show you how it's done:

"Hello, We have not made the PBX compatible with the F10 BMW. The ECU connectors are different. We are currently not working on any chips for that vehicle at this time.
Thank you for your interest in our products,

Jason
Burger Motorsports, LLC.
BurgerTuning.com
email: Jason@BurgerTuning.com
"
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 12:42 AM   #26
Sonnie
Bama Hillbilly
United_States
Rep

Unbelievable... sometimes I wonder why I even bother with this nonsense.

Is it possible you might show a little bit of respect there buddy. I do not appreciate your accusations.

What did I tell you? I told you that I verified with Terry Burger that it is available prior to posting that it is available. Why in the world would I have any reason to lie. NONE! I did exactly what I said I did. I am not sure how much more of a "reliable factual source" you can get. Copying and pasting a bunch of words is no different than typing what I did. But I can do one better... and image copy.

You can be childish about it if you want, but it might behoove you to give others the benefit of a doubt and confirm with them privately before embarrassing yourself publicly.

Below is a screenshot of my email transactions with Terry Burger, whom I assume owns Burger Motorsports. Now... if Terry is WRONG, so be it, BUT... if you want to be disrespectful and accuse someone of fairy tales and rumors... you need to accuse Terry, not me. Go pick your nose elsewhere.

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 01:51 AM   #27
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Sonnie, I concur with you.

I also enquired Jason of Burger Motor and he said the PBX is suitable for F10 528i and he supplied me a quotation. I have not ordered yet.

However, another Hong Kong member ordered the PBX and was delivered to install. Strangely the PBX does not work for our F10 and Burger Motor is willing to do a full refund.

My guess is Burger doesn't even know the PBX is not suitable to F10 until recently.

2011 F10 528i Black Sapphire / Oyster Black
2000 E46 325ci Cabrio Titanium Silver / Black - retired
1997 E36/7 Z3 Montreal Blue / Black - retired
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 01:55 AM   #28
Sonnie
Bama Hillbilly
United_States
Rep

I will shoot another email to Terry and confirm. He may not have realized it... and there may have been a communication breakdown within the company. If so, I will update the lead thread.

Ken at Sprint Booster did say they are working on one and should have it ready within a month or so.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #29
Dr. Mohammed
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i 2010 (f10)

Bad news!

I got my car two days ago. I didn't write until I was sure about the results. Unfortunately, changing the throttle housing didn't work.

Although, there is improvement but still the throttle lags at some points. What a faulty car this is!!

I'll go back again. This time I'll make it a legal issue!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #30
Sonnie
Bama Hillbilly
United_States
Rep

Bummer! Keep us updated!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #31
Sonnie
Bama Hillbilly
United_States
Rep

I have confirmed with Terry that he was indeed mistaken and they DO NOT offer the Power Box for the 2011 models. No word on when. I have updated the OP.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 12:23 AM   #32
AlexK
Private First Class
Uzbekistan
Rep

Quote:
I have confirmed with Terry that he was indeed mistaken and they DO NOT offer the Power Box for the 2011 models. No word on when. I have updated the OP.
You should update post #26 too
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 12:28 AM   #33
Sonnie
Bama Hillbilly
United_States
Rep

There is nothing to update there. Besides... I think you are the only one concerned about this to begin with. You could have handled it with much more maturity than you did, but hey... it is what it is. No reason to continue whining about it.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 12:43 AM   #34
AlexK
Private First Class
Uzbekistan
Rep

Quote:
There is nothing to update there.
The misleading information there isn't really helpful for people looking to solve this issue with their vehicle, even if it comes from the owner of Burger Tuning. But if you are more concerned with proving something to someone over the internets rather than providing an actual helpful information - that's ok, you can leave it as it is
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #35
Sonnie
Bama Hillbilly
United_States
Rep

I highly doubt anyone is going to read that one post and not the rest... if you want to remove all your nonsense posts showing all the disrespect to me, I will remove that one as well... otherwise, please give it a rest.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 03:51 AM   #36
Dr. Mohammed
Rep

So, I went to the dealership, and talked to the manager; He went with me to check the car and then he (!) drove a new model of the same car to show me that it's a normal thing!! I can only be amazed how this can be considered normal. I still feel the car stalling when I make turns. The car doesn't react quick enough.

There are news about an upcoming update in November. I'll wait for it before making my decision of selling the car. Better off with a Merc, I guess!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 09:06 AM   #37
Sonnie
Bama Hillbilly
United_States
Rep

News about an update in November?

Did this come from your SA?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #38
DuneMan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i, Sophisto Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Mohammed View Post
So, I went to the dealership, and talked to the manager; He went with me to check the car and then he (!) drove a new model of the same car to show me that it's a normal thing!! I can only be amazed how this can be considered normal. I still feel the car stalling when I make turns. The car doesn't react quick enough.

There are news about an upcoming update in November. I'll wait for it before making my decision of selling the car. Better off with a Merc, I guess!
If I end up selling my F10... I'm steering away from german cars altogether.

From my own experience with my F10.. the technology (Throttle, Transmission, steering, Tires...) is just not yet ready for production. It still needs a lot more testing and debugging. I simply cannot drive my car past 120 KM/hr if it's slightly windy. That's how bad my steering is.

Yet, BMW seems to be making decisions to start selling their products before they're mature. How can I trust that it won't happen to me again, say in 2016 or 2020?

As far as I'm concerned, the brand name is at steak here.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #39
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuneMan View Post
From my own experience with my F10.. the technology (Throttle, Transmission, steering, Tires...) is just not yet ready for production. It still needs a lot more testing and debugging. I simply cannot drive my car past 120 KM/hr if it's slightly windy. That's how bad my steering is.

Yet, BMW seems to be making decisions to start selling their products before they're mature. How can I trust that it won't happen to me again, say in 2016 or 2020?
I tend to agree, the upgrades, new technology is coming thick and fast, too fast, IMO. Something I sensed with the run-flat technology, not thought through, not fully developed, we were/are putting up with the limitations. I worry about the fast moving new engine range as well.

I was looking to buy the F10/11 last year, and test drives left me with the feeling I'd wait to see them bebugged, it was clear to me there were issues to be sorted. My situation has changed since then, and I'm looking to stay with the 3-series, but very nervous of the impending new F30 3-series, as there will be a lot of new technology and design changes, in the one move.

I was only talking with my wife last evening, and saying we are in the wrong phase of the buying curve, we ought to be mid life (LCI) when most issues are debugged and the improvements added.

I worked with a fellow engineer who would never buy a new model, was very much of the mind, the time to buy was just before a model went out of production, usually at best for quality and reliability.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #40
DuneMan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i, Sophisto Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
I tend to agree, the upgrades, new technology is coming thick and fast, too fast, IMO. Something I sensed with the run-flat technology, not thought through, not fully developed, we were/are putting up with the limitations. I worry about the fast moving new engine range as well.

I was looking to buy the F10/11 last year, and test drives left me with the feeling I'd wait to see them bebugged, it was clear to me there were issues to be sorted. My situation has changed since then, and I'm looking to stay with the 3-series, but very nervous of the impending new F30 3-series, as there will be a lot of new technology and design changes, in the one move.

I was only talking with my wife last evening, and saying we are in the wrong phase of the buying curve, we ought to be mid life (LCI) when most issues are debugged and the improvements added.

I worked with a fellow engineer who would never buy a new model, was very much of the mind, the time to buy was just before a model went out of production, usually at best for quality and reliability.

HighlandPete

Your fellow engineer is wise and practical... he probably lives in a stress free world - at least when it comes to cars.

A few "lessons learned" for me from this F10:

1- Never buy a first year model.
2- keep checking reviews and discussion forums for common issues.
3- If first year issues are major, then skip the second year production as well.
4- Brand names don't mean much lately in terms of reliability.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #41
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 535xi & 11.75 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuneMan View Post
If I end up selling my F10... I'm steering away from german cars altogether.

As far as I'm concerned, the brand name is at steak here.
You can buy whatever you like and feel works for you. They all rush to market. I wish I was the type of guy that could wait. I always want the latest. So for me it's always a crapshoot. A really smart person buys a lightly used car with the service records a few years old. They also can research the car. Different strokes different folks. Peace
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #42
Sonnie
Bama Hillbilly
United_States
Rep

It has probably already been said a fifty-eleven times, but go to any automobile forum and about 75% of the posts are complaints of some sort or another.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #43
gatoman39
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335 M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz5 View Post
You can buy whatever you like and feel works for you. They all rush to market. I wish I was the type of guy that could wait. I always want the latest. So for me it's always a crapshoot. A really smart person buys a lightly used car with the service records a few years old. They also can research the car. Different strokes different folks. Peace
This is the smart thing to do. However, you always have to compromise on something, color, or options, or engine, warranty duration, etc. There is something pure about being the first person to fart in the car. For me that was worth the premium.
Quote:
It has probably already been said a fifty-eleven times, but go to any automobile forum and about 75% of the posts are complaints of some sort or another.
Probably higher...The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
      09-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #44
Dr. Mohammed
Rep

I've been driving the car for almost 2 months now after the throttle housing change, I've noticed the car feeling smoother and reacting better, but the big surprise is when I drive the car with the A/C off!! the car reacts perfectly and gear shifting is so smooth.

I guess I'll go and present my findings to the dealership. may be this time they can really fix the car!
Appreciate 0