2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications HELP with DME Code 1F0525 and Limp Mode

11-07-2023, 09:33 AM   #1
N55FTEN
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535i

HELP with DME Code 1F0525 and Limp Mode

I need help with a DME Code (1F0525) I'm getting when I go WOT or put too much strain on the engine. When pushed, the car jolts pulls back all power, goes into limp mode, and stays in 8th gear. I can't get the car to downshift into a lower gear when this happens. I also get a transmission malfunction message that states to drive moderately to my nearest BMW service station.

When this happens, I have to pull over and turn the car off and back on. Once I do that, the car drives normal. Sometimes, I have to crank the car twice to get it started.

I've checked this code 1F0525, and it states:

DME, internal fault, safety function: Plausibility Check, relative fuel mass.

I looked up the code, and according to the repair procedure, it's likely to be:
1. The high pressure fuel rail sensor may be going bad
2. The wiring from the high pressure fuel rail sensor to the DME is damaged
3. The DME needs to be replaced

I just replaced the High pressure fuel rail sensor, but that didn't fix the issue. I honestly don't think it could have anything to do with the wiring from the sensor to the DME. I've inspected the wiring, and there are no kinks or broken wires. I also don't think the DME is going bad or needs to be replaced because I'm not getting any other issues aside from the one code.

The car is FBO, Dorch Stage 2 HPFP, Walbro 450 LPFP, MHD Flex Fuel Kit, XHP Trans Tune, MHD Custom Tune, and Full Exhaust. Currently running E60.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 04:29 PM   #2
N55FTEN
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535i

***UPDATE***

The issue turned out to be tune related. I was talking to my tuner about the issue and he looked over the current map. Turns out he forgot to adjust the fuel limiter for the higher E count I was going to be running. He made the quick adjustment, sent me over a new map, and we are as good as new.
Appreciate 0