2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Marketplace Owner's Marketplace - F10/F11 Classifieds Going back to Stock Sale

07-30-2016, 07:35 AM   #23
paul223
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddylongtooth View Post
boogieman is just a guy selling his stuff from a forum market place, he's not a retailer and has no obligation to refund anything and his only obligation is to ship the exhaust which was the only thing that was agreed upon by both parties. As fas a I know he is trading in the car and has no use for the exhaust and still wants to ship it to the buyer. There needs to be some kind of agreement that is reasonable for both parties. I wouldnt give a refund either
Damn, you must live crazy world.
If someone is retailer or not, buyer or seller can back out whenever the hell they want. If the buyer has paid the damn money, seller needs to ship the product in timely manner, sometimes delay does occur. What if the seller sent an exhaust first, but buyer has not paid money? Would seller be patient enough to wait for money?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 10:44 AM   #24
Murdock1012
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

I guess boogieman fails to mention where he will be going out of the country for x amount of time. This was when I contacted him and notified him to just cancel the order and refund me the money because he still didnt get a hold of the other seller and still have to take of his aftermarket, put on the other he bought then ship mine all before he left the country. I wasnt comfortable with the time crunch and decided to cancel. I'm not concerned whether or not he's a nice guy. The PRINCIPLE of the matter is i requested a refund and he could not do so because he spent the money and now had resorted to scrambling around for a second buyer , that failed so his only ethical option would to still ship item (which i have denied and do not want )
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 12:00 PM   #25
BoogieMan2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i 2016 M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdock1012 View Post
I guess boogieman fails to mention where he will be going out of the country for x amount of time. This was when I contacted him and notified him to just cancel the order and refund me the money because he still didnt get a hold of the other seller and still have to take of his aftermarket, put on the other he bought then ship mine all before he left the country. I wasnt comfortable with the time crunch and decided to cancel. I'm not concerned whether or not he's a nice guy. The PRINCIPLE of the matter is i requested a refund and he could not do so because he spent the money and now had resorted to scrambling around for a second buyer , that failed so his only ethical option would to still ship item (which i have denied and do not want )
The other seller had nothing to do with you at that point I had already mentioned I was going to go through exhaust shop and have a set up fabricated which is done at this point hence why you got a picture thurs of the exhaust off the car and ready to ship and it was meant to be shipped yesterday, leaving this tues is irrelevant because our timeline was set for you having delivery Monday in which I was still well within, all the timelines we set in the deal where met so If people wanna back you up make sure you remind them that everything that took place was something YOU AGREED TO! Oh and make sure now since you'll reply on here but not to my text make sure you don't fail to mention I've been hounding you for that shipping address to ship YOUR EXHAUST and further since my trip got bumped which it's a work trip nothing more which is once again irrelevant to you. This isn't BOOGIEMAN LLC, you bought it you take it! I was willing to work things out before you decided to be a woman and try to put me on blast on a public board for being patient, honest and reliable but still not being able to please you but hey since obviously you thought you were dealing with a business then leave me a shitty YELP review once you finally get your shut since You are holding this up and I cant ship to no address.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 12:55 PM   #26
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

So it seems like he was trying to accommodate you, but you didn't like the terms so you backed out as the buyer. In that case, if I had made arrangements/lost out on potential buyers because you backed out after you had already paid, I would be pissed too. It's a forum not a performance shop, you understood his exhaust was still on the car. You understood that he had to put a stock or some type of exhaust back on his car to replace the one you bought. If you wanted something right away you should of bought it brand new or local.
Appreciate 2
      07-30-2016, 04:47 PM   #27
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVSRFR View Post
So it seems like he was trying to accommodate you, but you didn't like the terms so you backed out as the buyer. In that case, if I had made arrangements/lost out on potential buyers because you backed out after you had already paid, I would be pissed too. It's a forum not a performance shop, you understood his exhaust was still on the car. You understood that he had to put a stock or some type of exhaust back on his car to replace the one you bought. If you wanted something right away you should of bought it brand new or local.
This is pretty much exactly what happened and how it went down. Boogieman has been doing his best to accommodate the buyer, the buyer is the one who is now holding things up. Ive personally heard this exhaust (bad ass) and was lucky enough to drive his car only 20 minutes after meeting him for the first time. He is really not a crook, liar or trying to screw anyone in any way. The buyer prolly got cold feet over a shipping timeline but this is not a professional market place and there are no guaranteed returns or refunds, only you get what you paid for. The buyer made the deal, he knew the terms and has to accept the parts he paid for-end of story.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2016, 09:53 PM   #28
Murdock1012
Private First Class
Rep

Hey everyone. I appreciate all your feed back and thoughts on this unique situation and I think its just time to put this to bed. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, similarly seller/buyer reserve the right to cancel a deal if so fit for whatever reason. This issue has exhausted itself and the level of disrespect displayed will not solve anything but force the proper action. It appears he does not possess the mental capacity to communicate on an intelligent level thus is forced to display his lack of vocabulary and communications skills by resorting to arrogance and a bully mentality, believing that myself or anyone else will cower and submit to his belligerent behavior. If he believes contacting me while being blatantly disrespectful will change the outcome, he is simply ignorant.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 10:07 PM   #29
BoogieMan2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i 2016 M sport

^ This has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, look at the other thread and lets see once again who started being childish first, furthermore I don't owe you any sort of respect after you taking it to this level. You burned me for no good reason, the terms of our deal with followed by the book in a timely fashion at every single turn of the way. You wanted to back out due to things that had nothing to do with you and to be fair I was never entitled to tell you but out of being an honest seller i did. Since you went this route of had 3 deals get dropped and told specifically its because of this incident so thats cost me $1900 and I was STILL actively trying to make this right by getting you your item you payed for so if you want to turn back into money you could do that yourself.
This has been the most childish and unwarranted call out Ive ever witnessed and I just happen to be unlucky enough to be the one under the spotlight, Ive never had one bad business transaction before you Murdock. I have a forum member from Cali thats CURRENTLY in town hitting me up to hang out and we never knew each other prior to doing business and he s aware of this shit show, you have MULTIPLE people coming forward backing me up for a reason and plenty more that I could easily send, I said it before if you truly believe i did you wrong post the text messages I have no obligation to be polite after all this and tell Jet_5er to post his text too since I saw complete BS in the PM he sent you. I have all the text so I know Im good I also have all the text you haven't replied to me consistently asking you for the shipping address and me being well within our agreed timeline.
My name is burned here and Im not gonna bother migrating to another forum to sell my stuff and recoup the money lost from cancelled transactions at this point. Im done with this forum this has been a complete nightmare and seeing as people just sell wolf tickets and get someone burnt and have no sort of repercussions from it is unsettling.

For the future if any deals with Murrdock be prepared to deal with bullshit regardless if your selling him something or buying something from him. Its been a nightmare from start to finish and for that buddy you have truly raised the bar on the book definition of asshat
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 10:37 AM   #30
Murdock1012
Private First Class
Rep

Here's the conversation between me and boogieman2. As you can see I was originally skeptical but decided to go ahead due to feeling guilty after putting him on hold for 3-4 days as I wasnt 100% sure. However, I ended up giving the green light when I felt pressured. Totally my fault but hey! Pay attention to the dates and time stamps. They pretty much all match up to my original post. I have no reason to falsify anything. My bottom line is , I decided to back out because he was not going to make his deadline to ship to me. Because he was going out of the country, I decided not to continue in fear of loosing contact and not having the part. Understand my situation. The initial contact between the both of us was cool, he really seemed like a cool reasonable person but it all went down hill the moment I asked to cancel the order and refund me back. I wasnt upset at all, things happen, I just wanted my money back. I want to apologize to the forum members for this commotion and negativity. Here are the details, YOU be the judge and if I'm in the wrong my bad. Take care guys
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 11:03 PM   #31
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

What I dont like about this exchange is the reference of one of the strings that people in this forums are Cheap ass something or another people. Dont drag the community, which I have found for the most part, are very good about buying and selling. If someone offers too little for something, dont sell it.

I too, was screwed, as well as another member, on a rim purchase about six months ago, so i an appreciate the frustration and non trust when something is not sold to you as an original agreement goes.

But, as another member has suggested. If you feel that this cannot be resolved, open a paypal claim and they will refund the money in a prompt manner. You may use your evidence posted here to support your claim.

After that, your hands are wiped free. Doesnt matter who has what or when. Doesnt matter if someone has money or not to cover the charges, it is claimed and refunded. That is why I do not make purchases as a "friend or family" option because you lose that insurance. If the money is not available on the paypal account in question, paypal will put a lean on that account until it is brought back to a zero balance.

So, please no more insults at the community. Please no more saying F%$^ this or F@#$ that, the language is not necessary on the forum and cheapens the community. And on the other side, file your paypal and get your money back. Probably within a few days.

There are enough people who will still be wiling to buy this piece i am sure and I hope the next transaction goes more smoothly.

Good luck Gentlemen, you have the recourse to fix the problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 12:54 AM   #32
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekilpatrick View Post
What I dont like about this exchange is the reference of one of the strings that people in this forums are Cheap ass something or another people. Dont drag the community, which I have found for the most part, are very good about buying and selling. If someone offers too little for something, dont sell it.

So, please no more insults at the community. Please no more saying F%$^ this or F@#$ that, the language is not necessary on the forum and cheapens the community.
i know what you're talking about! when i read this it was pretty much an insult to the whole community here! so honestly i stay away from buying things here anymore as i was a really avid buyer here as many members here know

here's the quote:
but being as you sorry *ucks on this forum are the cheapest pieces of $hit on the planet I got lowball rd at like 1050, which go get *ucked that ain't happening
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 03:41 AM   #33
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep

If this type of thing is going to start becoming more prevalent, those of us with solid reps and believe in "gentleman agreements" so to speak (My word is my bond) may need to focus harder on our I trader reputation and maybe develop a Trusted section. What is happening I think, is that the cars are now dropping in price, due to age, to a level where the demographics are shifting on who is buying and owning this model.

For now, all I can say is, check out a sellers Itrader rep before a sale. Only pay with Paypal as a purchase, ensure the person has a verified paypal address and ensure you follow up after a sale or purchase with feedback on Itrader.

Maybe the admins can start putting a Red Flag next to users with negative feedback. Alternatively, you can put something up for sale on ebay and post the URL through here. This is especially helpful if you are a new user without a rep yet.

Just two cents. Keep things civil gentlemen. Remember the saying "My word is my bond, and a real man is only as good as his word".

Lets try to keep the forum honest and trustworthy.
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2016, 10:47 AM   #34
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekilpatrick View Post
If this type of thing is going to start becoming more prevalent, those of us with solid reps and believe in "gentleman agreements" so to speak (My word is my bond) may need to focus harder on our I trader reputation and maybe develop a Trusted section. What is happening I think, is that the cars are now dropping in price, due to age, to a level where the demographics are shifting on who is buying and owning this model.

For now, all I can say is, check out a sellers Itrader rep before a sale. Only pay with Paypal as a purchase, ensure the person has a verified paypal address and ensure you follow up after a sale or purchase with feedback on Itrader.

Maybe the admins can start putting a Red Flag next to users with negative feedback. Alternatively, you can put something up for sale on ebay and post the URL through here. This is especially helpful if you are a new user without a rep yet.

Just two cents. Keep things civil gentlemen. Remember the saying "My word is my bond, and a real man is only as good as his word".

Lets try to keep the forum honest and trustworthy.
Boogiemans f10 is a current 2016, its hardly depreciated to a low level individuals price range, infact his cost him enough money to buy 2 used 2011-2013 550's. Its also a 2 way street on the "word is my bond" the buyer is also obligated to His word and should have just been a man and followed thru with the deal. He sent the money, knew the contingencies of the deal and then changed his mind and ruined the rep of the seller. Theres no refund guarantee in private party sales, its the risk we all take and if buyer just followed thru he would have had his exhaust by now. Im sorry but I have no sympathy for the buyer like the majority of you do, if you read the texts the seller never had a chance to meet the shipping dealine. As far as the language is concerned Im an adult living in a world full of foul things, a little bit cursing on a forum hardly ruins my day. Its the buyers fault no matter how you slice it for not being a man of HIS word and following thru with the deal.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 05:45 PM   #35
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep

Look, I am not getting dragged into this thing. BUT, when Someone starts posting F%^& this and F$#$ that on the Forums, IT IS OUT OF CONTROL! I am NOT taking sides on this, I am saying THIS DOES NOT BELONG IN THE FORUM! I know as a seller and a buyer of 20 years, if something goes wrong, I refund the money to a seller if there is an issue immediately and as a Buyer, I expect the same. This is why you always pay with Paypal Goods and services, THAT is your guarantee. If there is a problem, PAYPAL makes the decision as a third party and it is done with.

There is no need to defame the largely HONEST people on these forums because you are pissed off. We all say a curse here and there in our conversations, BUT YOU ARE IN THE SALE BY OWNER SECTION! This should be kept professional with without personal assault blatant Cursing.

You own and drive a precision luxury German car, keep the level of prestige up to that of what you drive. This isnt the rice burner honda forums with a bunch of teenagers that have 5 foot high rear wings on their cars.

Stop the damn cursing, stop the damn defending and drop the whole thing. Dont take money from someone if you cant give it back before it is shipped and dont buy something without paying the added expense of Paypal good and services. And DONT insult the rest of the members cause you are mad. End of story.

Keep the forums friendly, honest and professional.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 06:21 PM   #36
Murdock1012
Private First Class
Rep

To reiterate , judge a person by the conTEXT of their character. His behavior was completely disgraceful and without class. The level of vulgarity being displayed to myself and the other members of this community is a perfect demonstration to the type of individual he is.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 06:30 PM   #37
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Lol this thread is hilarious.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 07:30 PM   #38
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVSRFR View Post
Lol this thread is hilarious.
Its F'ng hilarious!!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 06:03 AM   #39
Murdock1012
Private First Class
Rep

^^ thanks for your feed back guys
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 08:19 AM   #40
humblek3y
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 550i

Wow Murdock . This the guy. Seems real nice on board, but complete asshole in text. I don't understand , even if you used the money sent,we all have credit cards in this day and age, use credit card and pay back the buyer and just pay back the amount once the exhaust is solved. It would have prevented all of this
Appreciate 0