2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 520d parking brake / auto hold malfunction - only while turning left

03-07-2021, 02:20 AM   #1
Dodzy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 520d f10

520d parking brake / auto hold malfunction - only while turning left

Hi folks, just thought somebody might have come across similar. For about one month now I’ve noticed this issue. The problem does not coincide with any work done on the car. So, the issue....
While cornering left, I get an error message stating “auto hold error / apply brakes”. I can OK this message on the idrive and it clears from the display. At the next point, where I have to come to a complete stop, I get parking brake failure message. At this point neither auto hold or parking brake can be activated with their respective buttons.
Turning off and on the ignition returns operation to both with no errors at all.
Bimmerlink shows the following :
Dynamic stability control
1 error
4809C1- EMF TAKEOVER NOT POSSIBLE

Parking brake
2 errors
48059E - POWER SUPPLY - combination saddle - left short circuit to ground
48059F - same as above only right short circuit to ground

Any ideas?
Appreciate 1
Casa1.50
      02-04-2023, 10:34 AM   #2
Casa
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 520d M Sport F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodzy View Post
Hi folks, just thought somebody might have come across similar. For about one month now I’ve noticed this issue. The problem does not coincide with any work done on the car. So, the issue....
While cornering left, I get an error message stating “auto hold error / apply brakes”. I can OK this message on the idrive and it clears from the display. At the next point, where I have to come to a complete stop, I get parking brake failure message. At this point neither auto hold or parking brake can be activated with their respective buttons.
Turning off and on the ignition returns operation to both with no errors at all.
Bimmerlink shows the following :
Dynamic stability control
1 error
4809C1- EMF TAKEOVER NOT POSSIBLE

Parking brake
2 errors
48059E - POWER SUPPLY - combination saddle - left short circuit to ground
48059F - same as above only right short circuit to ground

Any ideas?
Hello

Did you ever get this resolved ? I’m having the same issue on the same spec vehicle.

Thank you

Casa
Appreciate 0