2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 3 error codes relating to Air pressure - Potential new charge pipe?

02-19-2023, 12:08 PM   #1
Devosent
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535i xDrive

3 error codes relating to Air pressure - Potential new charge pipe?

So some context - I recently changed the Oil Filter Housing gasket for the N55, I loosened up the charge pipe by taking the clamp off and wiggling the charge pipe a bit freely so I can loosened up the intake manifold. I did the job and I put the charge pipe back in with the clamp. While driving my charge pipe was maladjusted and my mechanic put it back into place. Now whenever I drive into sport mode I've been getting these 3 errors. Idle is fine, driving is fine, no misfires, the only time this error showed up is when the charge pipe popped out and I recently had my mechanic put it back in and it didn’t show up until yesterday whenever I go into sport mode.

120308 - charging pressure control plausibility pressure too low
108F01 - Intake system: suspected leak between turbocharger and intake valves.
102001 - Air Mass plausibility: air mass too high.

EDIT: Now my car's idle is rough and jumps at start up, no misfire tho. and still getting those 3 errors.

Last edited by Devosent; 02-19-2023 at 11:57 PM.. Reason: New Fault
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2023, 04:33 PM   #2
CrippledLucifer
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 328i 6MT, '16 F10 535i

Garage List
2016 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
IMO, you should upgrade to an aluminum charge pipe. Even if your issue is completely unrelated, you're better off having it for peace of mind. The stock factory one is a known fail point.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2023, 05:13 PM   #3
SWFLf10
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6, 2015 535i

Garage List
Sounds like it’s an issue either with the charge pipe having a crack, not being installed correctly, or the o-ring not being in place properly. Could be the boost pipe or intercooler, but my guess would be the charge pipe.

As stated above, they are known failure points even with stock boost levels.
Appreciate 1
Stinkyxy152.00
      02-19-2023, 06:49 PM   #4
Devosent
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFLf10 View Post
Sounds like it’s an issue either with the charge pipe having a crack, not being installed correctly, or the o-ring not being in place properly. Could be the boost pipe or intercooler, but my guess would be the charge pipe.

As stated above, they are known failure points even with stock boost levels.
I sent my car to my trusted indy shop to have the intake manifold gaskets replaced JUST in case, however I will buy the VRSF charge pipe and the accessories. I was planning to change it last year but decided to wait it, now I guess it's time.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2023, 10:55 PM   #5
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippledLucifer View Post
IMO, you should upgrade to an aluminum charge pipe. Even if your issue is completely unrelated, you're better off having it for peace of mind. The stock factory one is a known fail point.
Not all of us have that option...

Quote:
Notice of Emissions Non-Compliance. This product is a direct replacement for the original and closely replicates or improves on the original in fitment, form, and function. As a direct replacement upgrade it has not been designed to trick or disable any emissions controls. It is designed to work with all factory emissions controls in place. However, it has not been evaluated nor tested for emissions compliance. Therefore, it is not legal for installation or use in California on any pollution controlled motor vehicle. It is not legal for installation or use on any pollution controlled motor vehicle in any state, province, or jurisdiction governed by, or which has adopted, CARB or EPA regulations.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2023, 11:45 PM   #6
Devosent
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Not all of us have that option...
not at the moment, I am planning to replace the intake manifold gasket first before I can surely be positive it's the Charge Pipe.
Appreciate 0