2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Dinan Shockware with M Sport Stock Springs

03-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
Silververtu
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i M Sport

Garage List
Dinan Shockware with M Sport Stock Springs

With the 15% off for all Dinan products, I am deciding whether I should get the Dinan Shockware. I heard good feedback from guys who also had done the spring mods. Has anyone done it with stock springs and how the improvement?

Gone but not forgotten:
2006 2.0T A4 Avant, 2007 Z4 Roadster 3.0si, 2006 M Roadster, 2013 550i M Sport, 2015 Cayman S, 2015 X5 50i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
shoek
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 550i xDrive M-Sport

Garage List
Dinan told me that Shockware is only available if you have the Dynamic Damper Control (electronic shocks). In 2013, the M Sport Suspension and DDC are mutually exclusive options.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
Silververtu
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoek
Dinan told me that Shockware is only available if you have the Dynamic Damper Control (electronic shocks). In 2013, the M Sport Suspension and DDC are mutually exclusive options.
I have DDC on my car.

Gone but not forgotten:
2006 2.0T A4 Avant, 2007 Z4 Roadster 3.0si, 2006 M Roadster, 2013 550i M Sport, 2015 Cayman S, 2015 X5 50i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
cko
Rep
Drives: 2013 550xi

Shockware

As others have mentioned, the performance difference with the Shockware upgrade with the Dinan springs is very noticeable. I have that setup and enjoy the improved handling each time I get in the car now. I can't comment on the benefit of the Shockware upgrade with factory springs. Perhaps someone else can offer their experience with that combination. By the way, the DDC is a separate option from the M Sport package on the 2013. However, it's not mutually exclusive - you can get both. Let us know what you think if you decide to give it a try.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by cko View Post
As others have mentioned, the performance difference with the Shockware upgrade with the Dinan springs is very noticeable. I have that setup and enjoy the improved handling each time I get in the car now. I can't comment on the benefit of the Shockware upgrade with factory springs. Perhaps someone else can offer their experience with that combination. By the way, the DDC is a separate option from the M Sport package on the 2013. However, it's not mutually exclusive - you can get both. Let us know what you think if you decide to give it a try.

I just had it done

I am the first to have it done in Crown BMW NC
Likely the first in the whole Carolinas region then -

I couldn't fully test the new sports mode as my 3 yo son is with me today and for a doc appointment.

I couldn't tell any difference in normal which is supposedly sport now.

While in Sport new mode I believe I caught myself a little surprised and smiling while playing a little in the parking lot where the car seemed too flat to be my 550i,

BUT sometimes you just wanna feel good about your money ! -

So,
Anybody can tell me whether he/she had it with stock suspension and what his/her experience is?

And one more thing,
I read that some were describing the Shickware 2 steps up above the Lowering springs which were ACS in his case and the latter had been rated by him at one step above stock?
SO my QUESTION IS?
Is it really possible that a mere EDC Software could deliver twice as much as Hardware Springs!! Especially that some guys has ARS which I don't have By The Way.

Thank you so much,
Will post more about my experience.

I do have Stage 2 Dinan too and happy with that flr 6 months now, Zero regrets.

Speak up guys -
Though I asked and Crown BMW NC Greensboro doesn't do refunds on Dinan's products like other dealerships I heard about 3 days money back!!

Ed Vega did the install
A very nice and professional guy who had actually known Dinan since early 80's from Up in NY.

Another update:
I believe it is not just tightening of the suspension but rather changing the whole character and behavior of this car! It just drives better though I am not sure exactly why!!

Any more input on this?
Appreciate 0