2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Light Help

09-29-2023, 12:14 PM   #1
itsnotq
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Light Help

I believe I posted this in the right section.

Long story short I was changing my blower motor, and didn't disconnect my battery. I hit a power wire into a piece of metal and it sparked and blew the positive battery fuse. I replaced that and the car turned on again and all was good.

Some light bulbs stopped working, the center light in the interior. (the two small one work next to it, when I swap the bulbs it still doesn't work.)
The Left Tail light stopped getting power, I do have blinker and brake light function.
Left low beam stopped working

The right blinker works intermittently (the only light I get a warning for) but this one might be a coincidence

I don't get warning messages for those either.

Any idea on what steps I should continue with?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 02:10 PM   #2
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

If you have an F10 (would need your production year), your interior dome light is routed through your roof function module (assuming you have have the High Variant), A21, which is fed from the Footwell Module, A58.

Given that you have other bulb issues, which are controlled by the Footwell Module, A58, the suspect would be A58.

You should also check the following Fuses that feed into A58. F16, F17, F1, F18 and F101. All but F101, should be in your glovebox fusebox, while the F101 fuse will be in your right rear trunk.

You should pull the codes and verify that your car is not accidently in "Transport" mode.

Given the amount of expensive electronics in your BMW, the handful of minutes, using a 10mm socket, to remove the negative cable from your battery, is well worth it.....
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 04:22 PM   #3
itsnotq
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Bimmer View Post
If you have an F10 (would need your production year), your interior dome light is routed through your roof function module (assuming you have have the High Variant), A21, which is fed from the Footwell Module, A58.

Given that you have other bulb issues, which are controlled by the Footwell Module, A58, the suspect would be A58.

You should also check the following Fuses that feed into A58. F16, F17, F1, F18 and F101. All but F101, should be in your glovebox fusebox, while the F101 fuse will be in your right rear trunk.

You should pull the codes and verify that your car is not accidently in "Transport" mode.

Given the amount of expensive electronics in your BMW, the handful of minutes, using a 10mm socket, to remove the negative cable from your battery, is well worth it.....
Thank you for the feedback! Honestly, didn’t even think about the battery, as I was just watching YouTube videos to do the job. I’ll take a look at those fuses you mentioned. It is a 2014
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 07:59 AM   #4
itsnotq
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Bimmer View Post

Update it was one of the fuses you mentioned. Thank you!
Appreciate 1