2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum ****** Brembo BBK upgrade ******

12-19-2022, 05:51 PM   #1
dentprotony@gmail.com
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 f85

****** Brembo BBK upgrade ******

Hey fellas, i was wondering if there would be any interest in this group for BBK kits, i been offering bbk kits for e70/f15/f85 platforms for a couple years now and i am very well-known in the x5/x6 communities. These are Porsche Panamera/cayenne 6 piston calipers that are 3 step milled to fit f10 spindle with a set of custom brackets. These will be offered with ceramic pads and would be a plug and play install, and are designed to work with 550iGT 374x36mm rotors.

Ive seen that brakes from an older x5m are an option for an f10 platform, so i wanted to mention a few things that i believe these kits to be better that e71 x5m kits. First-of all is the rotor price and weight, my kits easily fit 19” and some 18” wheels , 374mm disc by pagid (aluminum hub) weighs in at 30.2lbs while x5m is 38lbs, price difference is also substantial, 550iGT rotors could be purchased as low as 75-80ea (i recommend pagid brand, they are excellent quality and have aluminum hub and are therefore lighter at 120-130ea) compared to 320-350ea for the x5m rotors. Pad selection is great as well (see comparison picture for porsche pad vs f10 m5 pad surface as well as porsche pad compared to factory bmw x5 50i pad). Caliper itself is an up to date 6 piston unit that is extremely efficient and much lighter than x5m boat anchor as well. I have been selling these kits at 1440 for the x5m crowd and would be offering these at a comparable 1460 for the f10 community. From me you would be getting two freshly painted and machined calipers, a set of powerstop z23 low dust ceramic pads, all new caliper hardware, custom brackets, and mounting bolts. You will have to get rotors separately (they run 60-80each but again I recommend pagid brand from rockauto, they sell around 120-130 from there). Otherwise its a plug and play install that is extremely popular in the f15 crowd among those who tow and offers consistent performance for those taking their x5 to the track as well.

Please let me know if there might be a healthy interest for the f10 community and if so, I’ll finalize tge design and could start offering these for this platform as well 👍
Attached Images

Appreciate 0