2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications N63 intercooler upgrade results

02-12-2021, 12:41 PM   #1
AnotherM
Cole
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 m5 CP

N63 intercooler upgrade results

Hello everyone,

I was looking at N63intake.com and saw that they have an intercooler upgrade for the n63 platform. Does anyone have experience with this upgrade? Temperature decreases? Hp increase? Does it replace the two small water to air intercoolers?

Any info would be great. I'm always looking for ways to reduce temps before summer heat in Arizona.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 11:25 AM   #2
juju_rn
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10c550i View Post
Hello everyone,

I was looking at N63intake.com and saw that they have an intercooler upgrade for the n63 platform. Does anyone have experience with this upgrade? Temperature decreases? Hp increase? Does it replace the two small water to air intercoolers?

Any info would be great. I'm always looking for ways to reduce temps before summer heat in Arizona.

I'm looking into getting those intercoolers as well. I just got catless DPs and upgraded charge pipes installed on my car. I already had an oil cooler installed prior to these which I think did an ok job but now that I'm adding more power it's gonna need a little bit of help. I will keep you posted if I do end up purchasing and installing it.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 02:36 PM   #3
FenixMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 Competition

Might want to look into a meth kit as they are significantly more effective, and I noticed on one of your other threads that you already have the charge tubes with the bung for meth injection. Boost juice is quite cheap and lasts a while when you properly dial in the kits, and it will make a day and night difference in the summer between the cooler air charge as well as the octane boost. I’m personally a fan of turning your windshield wiper res into the tank as you will have a built in “low fluid” on the dash, but I’ve used the larger burger tuning tanks with great success as well, and either keep an eye on the levels, or install a low fluid level sensor (included with the kits) and put the led somewhere discreet or in the dash near the cluster.
Appreciate 1
550bye1389.50
      04-15-2021, 12:46 AM   #4
550bye
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [5.67]
I'm on WMI using VP Racing M1 100% meth but I'm using JB4 stacked on my tune for the WMI integration. It has has safety features as well to keep you from running low and what not. If you're going meth, I've been told that is the way to go but it could all be hearsay. I got the stealth tank to be hidden in the trunk compartment next to the battery. I purchased all from N63Intake.com via Burger MotorSports. Ask Sergey for details or his opinion on it, he'll give you some insight.
Upgraded 51mm turbos, Heatsync Stage 3 Flash, JB4 stacked, BMS WMI, Arm Charge Pipes, Heatsync Catless DPs, X-Pipe, Res Muffler Delete, xHP Stage 3 Trans Flash, Turbosmart Diverter Valves, 3.5 TMAPs, Oil Cooler, Heatsync Front Mounted Max Cool Intakes, Walbro LPFP and e40 mix rollin on Stance SF07 9x20 w/Toyo Extensa and 10.5x20 w/Toyo R888R.
Appreciate 0