2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media Sport button and Traction control

06-05-2014, 11:33 AM   #1
speedygago
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

Sport button and Traction control

I searched and got mixed results wanted to see if you guys have any input.
I have a 2014 528i, basic model. I do not have the M-sport package. I mention this because I read that sport+ comes with M-sport.

When I put the car in sport mode through the button (sport, comfort, eco), then when I turn the traction control off (either pressing it once or holding it down to completely turn it off) the car goes back to comfort mode.

Same thing happens when I put the gear lever in sport mode and press the sport button. Once I disable traction control the car goes back to comfort mode.

I just feel this doesn't make sense since I cannot turn off traction control when the car is in sport mode for the transmission and chassis.

I just want to be able to drive the car to its maximum sport potential without any driving aids.
Appreciate 0