2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Speed cameras on pro sat nav

10-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
Farmerboy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 520d

Speed cameras on pro sat nav

After following threads I got my sales advisor to shift my build date back a week to get the new nav pro. It was well worth the wait nav is fast and has lots of features. Nice to pull up at home on first drive to get Google street view to confirm I am at the correct destination. Routing is easy and the Connected Drive feature from any PC allows me to sent routes to the car. Like being able to view images of proposed destinations. The 3D views and easy zoom in and out ( Zooms in to 12 yards). The option to turn to satellite view even shows my old car and stepping stones in the garden. Traffic information and rerouting is very good. So why the post heading? Well there are lots of useful points of interest that can be shown ( including alas pubs and shops that have closed due to economics ) but for the life of me I cannot find the point of interest settings for the cash cows known as traffic safety cameras. My £150 TomTom has them but not the latest BMW system. I am aware that you can add them to DVD based systems by re-burning the disk image after adding them via your PC. This option is not available for HD systems. Is this BMW following the lead made by France that has made electronic location of speed cameras illegal, or is due to the fact that the data base cannot be updated and would therefore be outdated within weeks and thus rendered les than reliable?
Does any one know a fix to this? Seems silly to run built in sat nav and TomTom at the same time. I could always press ecomode and take it easy but then I could go decafe and ride a bike.
Appreciate 0