2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum US M Sport Trim

03-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #23
SpawneyGet
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535d M Sport

Actually, I thought F10 Hex Al trim was poor. I like the Al trim on E60 M Sport but not this. So I went for the Antracite.

Anyway, different subject but, with regard to "fake" wood some calls it, when I was working for a big automotive parts supplier about 4 years ago (god, it seems just last year), we had a group of university undergraduate students visiting our automotive trims factory. Mostly Mech Engers, they were. Before the tour, we had a group chat (but more like a quick lecture) to talk about "fake (plastic)" and real wood. Not surprisingly, the students preferred real wood, thinking fake wood was cheaper alternative. It was funny to see their prejudice change when we showed them the "quality expensive fakes" and what premium brands use them. Lots of 'wow's and 'no way's.

Let me tell you, some fakes are better than the real McCoy!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #24
NCAA 77
NCAA 77
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 ///M3 Competition

I too have a 550xi M Sport on order with the aluminum hex trim, and IMO, it is appears to be much more durable and less "scratchable" than the past aluminum trims of BMW. Wood trim looks great for a more pedestrian, touring BMW (even a 550!) but if you are looking for a more sporty look and aggressive styling, not to mention an M sport specific and more unique trim, go with the hex trim.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #25
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by delvek View Post
Whatever floats your boat man. If you like paneling in a 400hp Msport then go for it. I did too (had one with it and liked it, dark wood) until I got a chance to see this hexagon trim and thought it looked outstanding given the Msport mojo, agressive / power. Wood to me, although nice, is comfy / mature. "It fits", imo.
I had aluminum trim (real aluminum) in my last car. I like the wood better, thanks. But to each their own on aesthetics.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 03:35 AM   #26
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by delvek View Post
Here is an upclose of the hexagon imbedded design.

For Msport this trim is hot! With Carbon Black and black leather ... HOT DAMN!
Not impressed, My RS4 B7 carbon finish looks miles better.
Attached Images