2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media Umnitza M5Tech Kit installed!!!

06-05-2014, 09:23 PM   #45
Sunny 528i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5
Sunny.. Did yours come with PDC bracket? and were the holes already there or did the shop have to drill them out?
Holes were there and came with the brackets!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #46
Black5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny 528i View Post
I ordered the with PDC. What I got have no holes no brackets. Also I paid the $90 fogs plus Canbus Xenon. They telling me the fog housing is another $50. This don't sound right. On their site it says $90 for Fog plus Canbus Xenon. To me that's housing plus the Xenon bulb. Am I right or wrong?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 10:21 PM   #47
Sunny 528i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I ordered the with PDC. What I got have no holes no brackets. Also I paid the $90 fogs plus Canbus Xenon. They telling me the fog housing is another $50. This don't sound right. On their site it says $90 for Fog plus Canbus Xenon. To me that's housing plus the Xenon bulb. Am I right or wrong?
That I'm not sure of as I didn't get the xenons but only the regular fog housing
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 10:28 PM   #48
Black5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That I'm not sure of as I didn't get the xenons but only the regular fog housing

On their website. That is the only two option

1st option Fog plus Canbus Xenon $90
2nd option None

I'll call them back tomorrow..

Thanks Sunny

http://www.umnitza.com/f10-5series-m...nt-p-6147.html
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 12:07 AM   #49
Sunny 528i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

On their website. That is the only two option

1st option Fog plus Canbus Xenon $90
2nd option None

I'll call them back tomorrow..

Thanks Sunny

http://www.umnitza.com/f10-5series-m...nt-p-6147.html
Yea your right, I didn't notice that because I did a lot of calling back and forth to ask questions, my order was modified after I placed it online, maybe there asking more because they think you want the projector fog housing? I remember the guy on the phone telling me if I wanted projector or not but I canceled because it was more for that housing
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 12:57 AM   #50
Black5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yea your right, I didn't notice that because I did a lot of calling back and forth to ask questions, my order was modified after I placed it online, maybe there asking more because they think you want the projector fog housing? I remember the guy on the phone telling me if I wanted projector or not but I canceled because it was more for that housing
I told them I thought the housing comes with the package. They said no the cheap housing is $50. I actually don't even want fog lights. Only reason I'm getting them is because I get a error message for no fog lights connected.

Well hopefully they don't give me hard time tomorrow. My bumper is already at the painters and I had to pay extra for them to drill out the holes.
Oh well when all is done and hopefully my Car looks great. I'll
forget all the troubles I went through

Oh I apologize for high jacking your post.. Now back your beautiful car... hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 06:38 AM   #51
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5 View Post
I told them I thought the housing comes with the package. They said no the cheap housing is $50. I actually don't even want fog lights. Only reason I'm getting them is because I get a error message for no fog lights connected.

Well hopefully they don't give me hard time tomorrow. My bumper is already at the painters and I had to pay extra for them to drill out the holes.
Oh well when all is done and hopefully my Car looks great. I'll
forget all the troubles I went through

Oh I apologize for high jacking your post.. Now back your beautiful car... hahahaha
You can easily avoid the warning message for the front fog lights

When you remove the fog lights, the wiring and bulb socket is actually still attached to the car. Just put your fog light bulbs back into the sockets at the end of the wiring and voila, no warning message I have tucked my fog light wiring (complete with the fog light bulbs) behind the bumper and strip tied them to the bumper support. It's only the wiring and the small bulb socket. No big chunky parts of the fog light needed or anything.

Works beautifully
Appreciate 0