2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes bought a 2011 550i M-Sport want tires and wheels that fit

01-09-2016, 11:44 PM   #23
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

You still haven't linked me the spoiler yet?!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 09:20 AM   #24
Akkord29
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80, G20, E46

I've never seen that type of spoiler for an f10, closest might be the performance style.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARBON-FIBER...hUGpXn&vxp=mtr

or this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Painted-BMW-...pVgSoc&vxp=mtr
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 10:00 AM   #25
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkord29 View Post
I've never seen that type of spoiler for an f10, closest might be the performance style.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARBON-FIBER...hUGpXn&vxp=mtr

or this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Painted-BMW-...pVgSoc&vxp=mtr
I've seen those but he said he found one like the picture he posted so I'm trying to find out where he got it from but he hasn't said anything
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 01:17 PM   #26
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddylongtooth View Post
You need to shop around some more I think you can find a place to install the coil overs for cheaper than that. Also your gonna need to lower it or its not going to look good with all the upgrades and that horrendous fender gap. Trust me it's all your going to Hear about............. fender gap, fender gap, hey what's with the fender gap??? I installed my h&r springs my self and I'll tell you it woulda been much easier to just replace the stock coil overs with kW coil overs than to compress and switch springs and reinstall, it's way more work. Who ever quoted you 1300-1800 is out of thier f'n mind! Shop around and get those kw's, they are an improvement over the stockers and you can pick your ride height and change it when ever you want. Just sayin

Here's mine to give you an idea of what it might look like,

I agree with you coil overs are way to go but correct me if am wrong each time you make adjustment don't you have to get alignment done?

How ever am thinking about doing Eibach spring I don't like slammed look.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 02:12 PM   #27
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Pretty much any time you make changes to your suspension it's ideal to get it realigned
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 07:00 PM   #28
m3racing
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp, 2022 F150 Shelby

Its this one right here...I knew it had something in the middle....got it painted...not received yet ...we will see about the quality...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Painted-BMW-...pVgSoc&vxp=mtr
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 07:54 PM   #29
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSportF10 View Post
Its this one right here...I knew it had something in the middle....got it painted...not received yet ...we will see about the quality...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Painted-BMW-...pVgSoc&vxp=mtr
i don't think that's the link Buddy?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 05:44 PM   #30
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Jeffe 5 View Post
I agree with you coil overs are way to go but correct me if am wrong each time you make adjustment don't you have to get alignment done?

How ever am thinking about doing Eibach spring I don't like slammed look.
I'm no expert on this subject but after I installed my h&R springs I took my car to the shop that a good mechanic friend of mine who is their best alignment guy. He put it on their laser guided rack and he said it was fine and he made no adjustments. I've been driving it like that since last may and it doesn't pull and I'm not getting any weird tire wear, so I'm sure he could get an alingment after he's happy with how its looks. I bet if I took my car to the dealer they would tell me its all wrong and I need an alignment, but since I know it's fine I'm not going to bother. I will say this BMW puts weights in the seats to simulate people in the car when they do their alignment, so if that's the case how's the alingment If you'r by yourself? So I think it's a matter of what makes you feel better about your own car.

Last edited by Teddylongtooth; 01-11-2016 at 09:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #31
m3racing
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp, 2022 F150 Shelby

Thank you for your input. I just bought this car to drive for a year or less. So I do not put so many miles on my other cars. Also I just wanted to personalize it with some nice wheels, a spoilers, etc. I have a (like new) competition exhaust I am thinking about installing, although I kinda like the utter quietness of the V8 turbo....I'm afraid of screwing up the ride, sound, etc....I do not think the wheel gap is that bad....I have let a fried drive it while I drove his car and I though it looked great. I dropped the car car off this morning for the entire bumper to be removed and painted along with the new front spoiler, and replaced the window, it had 3 small rock chips..on is spreading...
Appreciate 0