2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 2015 528i enhanced bluetooth & USB?

04-07-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
Kb_528i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 528i

2015 528i enhanced bluetooth & USB?

I just picked up a 2015 528i. I'm trying to figure out what bluetooth/USB functionality it has. It is my understanding that "enhanced bluetooth" was an option on pre 2014 cars, which also included the snap-in adapter base. In 2014 it seems like that option became standard, but from 2015 on only some of the "enhanced" functionality was standard.

Here is what I have noticed:

With Bluetooth I have full music control over my iphone, including browsing my library and playlists with album covers. However, with Spotify I can only skip songs and see the current song info.

With USB, the iphone functionality remains the same, but I have enhanced Spotify functionality, including browsing my library and playlists with album covers.

I'm a bit confused about the "Office" functionality
I have subscribed to Connected Drive and have a "Office" option under the BMW Online menu. However, this only seems to give me the option to add some email clients like Gmail, BMW, iCloud and MSN. It does not give me the ability to receive SMS messages from my phone. (which I believe is normally included with enhanced bluetooth/USB)

Can anyone point me to a document that explains exactly what functionality the 2015 cars have, and what was left out?

See pics below.

Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 03:19 AM   #2
mrashton
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 G32 6GT; 2014 F45 218i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb_528i View Post
I just picked up a 2015 528i. I'm trying to figure out what bluetooth/USB functionality it has. It is my understanding that "enhanced bluetooth" was an option on pre 2014 cars, which also included the snap-in adapter base. In 2014 it seems like that option became standard, but from 2015 on only some of the "enhanced" functionality was standard.

Here is what I have noticed:

With Bluetooth I have full music control over my iphone, including browsing my library and playlists with album covers. However, with Spotify I can only skip songs and see the current song info.

With USB, the iphone functionality remains the same, but I have enhanced Spotify functionality, including browsing my library and playlists with album covers.

I'm a bit confused about the "Office" functionality
I have subscribed to Connected Drive and have a "Office" option under the BMW Online menu. However, this only seems to give me the option to add some email clients like Gmail, BMW, iCloud and MSN. It does not give me the ability to receive SMS messages from my phone. (which I believe is normally included with enhanced bluetooth/USB)

Can anyone point me to a document that explains exactly what functionality the 2015 cars have, and what was left out?

See pics below.

Thanks!

Enhanced Bluetooth is always a separate option. On earlier cars this included Bluetooth Audio streaming too but on later cars the Bluetooth Audio streaming was included in the base Bluetooth package. If you have the base plate in the centre armrest then you have Enhanced Bluetooth which will allow 2 phones to be connected to Bluetooth along with 2 microphone above the passenger in addition to the one above the driver.

Put your VIN into BMWVIN.COM to see the options included in your car.
Appreciate 0