2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum New to the forums. Looking for some advice.

05-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
Achilles
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Xdrive

New to the forums. Looking for some advice.

Hey guys I'm new here and to BMW's period. I just bought a 2011 535i Xdrive and I freaking love it! I am having a little trouble deciding what kind of rims to get. My car is black with the chrome package so I am going with black rims for sure. Most likely they will have a chrome lip even tho the all black is growing on me. My question is what size can I go with? Will 20's fit without rubbing and will they look good or is that too much?

Also can you all suggest any websites where I can purchase mods. I'm eventually gonna get a body kit but I haven't been able to find any good websites...

Also the rims I am looking at are Beyern wheels bc they make the specifically for BMW's. My concern is I have to buy rims where I can insert the BMW logo in. Is there any other rims brands that you all could suggest besides Beyern?

Thanks to anyone who responds! I am very excited to get started on modding my car!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
MELLOWYELLOW06
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 & 2022 X& M50i

I have all black on it and lowered. 20x9 and 20 x 10.5
very flush and no rubbing.

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
Eki88
BxBadBoyy88
Rep
Drives: AW 2015 535 Xdrive

Best advise is..just wrap it all white

Kidding.. congrats on the ride man and welcome. Either way you go with the all black or chrome lips itll look sexy. Good luck and keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
Andrey
Average Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i, Gone 2011 BMW 550i,

Let me give it a shot.
For starters, post some pictures of your car.
As for wheels, i'm not a big fan of aftermarket wheels, but if i was to get new rims, i would go with BMW M5 20" rims OEM.
As for other mods, here is what i did to my 2011 550i Black.
Painted reflectors front and back, painted my square exhausts in black, black grill, windshield tint strip.
I also had it coded, which i would recommend you do.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #5
Achilles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06 View Post
I have all black on it and lowered. 20x9 and 20 x 10.5
very flush and no rubbing.

Your car looks great! What do you think of Beyern wheels?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #6
Achilles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
Let me give it a shot.
As for wheels, i'm not a big fan of aftermarket wheels, but if i was to get new rims, i would go with BMW M5 20" rims OEM.
Painted reflectors front and back, painted my square exhausts in black, black grill, windshield tint strip.
So I googled the rims you were talking about and saw some picks. Ima lookin and Ima likin... Only thing is where can I buy these? All I could find was eBay...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #7
shihwei
Banned
Rep
Drives: F10 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Hey guys I'm new here and to BMW's period. I just bought a 2011 535i Xdrive and I freaking love it! I am having a little trouble deciding what kind of rims to get. My car is black with the chrome package so I am going with black rims for sure. Most likely they will have a chrome lip even tho the all black is growing on me. My question is what size can I go with? Will 20's fit without rubbing and will they look good or is that too much?

Also can you all suggest any websites where I can purchase mods. I'm eventually gonna get a body kit but I haven't been able to find any good websites...

Also the rims I am looking at are Beyern wheels bc they make the specifically for BMW's. My concern is I have to buy rims where I can insert the BMW logo in. Is there any other rims brands that you all could suggest besides Beyern?

Thanks to anyone who responds! I am very excited to get started on modding my car!!!!

Hi Achilles, and welcome to the forum!!!
If you are thinking about modding your car, there are many many many things you can do. (the amount of money members on this forum have put into modding is probably enough to buy the entire NYC.)
to answer your questions.
1) 20s will fit the f10 with no problem at all (just make sure you choose ones with right et) however, one issue which many have encountered is the ride height of the car even after going with larger rims, so in addition to getting 20s, i would recommend getting springs, coils etc. to make your car slightly lower (lowering 1/2 or so would be enough)

2) there is a Commercial marketplace on this forum where vendors sell parts specifically for f10. You can find most of the parts (oem or aftermarket) you are looking for here.

3) I believe wheel caps for Beyern are the same size as oem wheel caps, so you should be able to just take off ones from your wheels and stick them into your new wheels. If you end up purchasing a set of wheels with different size wheel caps as what you have now, you can always just buy BMW logo stickers and stick them on. Its a easy 1 minute mod.

4) There are simply too many options of wheel brands for bmw F10s. Depending on your budget (20s go from ~$1,200/set to $10,000+/set) good place to look for "off-the-shelf" wheels is Tire Rack they have decent price for wheels, tires and wheels+tires package deal. If you are looking for custom wheels (HRE, iforged, DPE etc.) you'll have to search harder for good deals. If you do not mind picking up a set of pre-owned wheels, you can also look in the Owner's Marketplace where members sell/exchange what they have with one another.

Hope this helps, and feel free to ask away if you have any question. (the "Search" function on this site is also quite useful) Again, welcome to the forum.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #8
Achilles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihwei View Post
Hi Achilles, and welcome to the forum!!!
If you are thinking about modding your car, there are many many many things you can do. (the amount of money members on this forum have put into modding is probably enough to buy the entire NYC.)
to answer your questions.
1) 20s will fit the f10 with no problem at all (just make sure you choose ones with right et) however, one issue which many have encountered is the ride height of the car even after going with larger rims, so in addition to getting 20s, i would recommend getting springs, coils etc. to make your car slightly lower (lowering 1/2 or so would be enough)

2) there is a Commercial marketplace on this forum where vendors sell parts specifically for f10. You can find most of the parts (oem or aftermarket) you are looking for here.

3) I believe wheel caps for Beyern are the same size as oem wheel caps, so you should be able to just take off ones from your wheels and stick them into your new wheels. If you end up purchasing a set of wheels with different size wheel caps as what you have now, you can always just buy BMW logo stickers and stick them on. Its a easy 1 minute mod.

4) There are simply too many options of wheel brands for bmw F10s. Depending on your budget (20s go from ~$1,200/set to $10,000+/set) good place to look for "off-the-shelf" wheels is Tire Rack they have decent price for wheels, tires and wheels+tires package deal. If you are looking for custom wheels (HRE, iforged, DPE etc.) you'll have to search harder for good deals. If you do not mind picking up a set of pre-owned wheels, you can also look in the Owner's Marketplace where members sell/exchange what they have with one another.

Hope this helps, and feel free to ask away if you have any question. (the "Search" function on this site is also quite useful) Again, welcome to the forum.
This helps a lot! Thank you!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #9
Achilles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
Let me give it a shot.
Sorry still new, what's coded mean?
Appreciate 0