2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 530d Engine feels a bit shaky in idle

06-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
Lazarini
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F07, F30

530d Engine feels a bit shaky in idle

as the title says I feel a bit of a vibration when sitting still in idle waiting for the lights to turn green...

Car was just serviced at 60k KM the diagnostics did not show any problems... so what is it?

It was always there since i got the car a year ago had 42K on the clock... but never bothered with... recently had a clima cleaned and the service guy at an independent garage asked me if i noticed this shakes I said i did but did not think much of it...

He said it for sure should not be there and suggested adding some diesel additive and drive at-least through 2 full tanks of fuel to see if it remedies this behavior... he is guessing a dirty fuel injector...

if not back to service for another diagnostic...

What u think? And anyone had any experience with diesel additives?

Regards L
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 02:25 AM   #2
the_rangdo
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 528i F11 (2015)

I've got some engine shakes/vibration issues going on at the moment, see here...

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=833481

At idle the car will occasionally move a bit, like a gust of wind hit it - it's very slight though. Either way I'm hoping the new engine mounts getting fitted next week will sort it out.

Currently got 32k miles on the clock
      06-03-2013, 04:51 AM   #3
idgam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: the wife mad!!!!!

I have just had a very similar problem.

I started getting these little "bumps" whilst idling, then i started to notice them when driving at low speeds.

It got so bad that the car would stall as these bumps were causing the revs to flutter.

It turns out the fuel sensor was faulty. All fixed now. This was on a 535d M Sport with 25K on the clock
Appreciate 0