2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Pull to the left, pretty much resolved now

08-31-2014, 10:53 AM   #1
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Pull to the left, pretty much resolved now

Had a 530d msport now for 2.5 years running on 19 inch HP Primacy tyres.
Since new the car has had a tendency to pull to the left. Not long after getting the car, I had BMW do a KDC check on it and they found it within limits, just one minor adjustment required. Despite this, the car has always felt like it wanted to pull to the left, particularly at higher speeds.
I've put up with it and put it down to being sensitive to camber with most of the times, the road sloping to off to the left.

I had always wondered if the tyres were to blame so last weekend I popped into my local Kwit-fit dealer and asked them to swap the wheels over , left to right and vice versa. Surprisingly they didn't charge me for this work which was very generous of them indeed!

Well I can now report that this had made quite an impact and whilst if I let go of the steering wheel now, the car does indeed drift off to the left, its not as much and what remains, I suspect is indeed down to the road camber.
I no longer feel like I have to put in a bit of clockwise torque on the steering wheel to keep it going straight.

This has transformed the car quite a bit but its still noticeable how much tramlining these wide RFT display.

In terms of pressures, I've gone with what is at the bottom of the B-pillar.

So if you have the same issue, this might be worth a try. I wanted to rule out the tyres as being at fault and it would appear that one or more of them is perhaps a little out of tolerance.
Appreciate 0