2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Anyone successfully coded F10 in the UK?

08-07-2014, 09:55 AM   #353
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTrip View Post
Vielen Danke mein freund!

Looks like a money-spinner for the Dealers - compared with the pre-CIC versions where you just loaded up a DVD !
To be fair, a lot more can be coded with the current HU_NBT systems than ever before. The raft of things that can be changed via ESys is huge; none of these would be possible via a DVD startup program.

And FSC codes are available from people other than $ealers and cheaper?
      08-07-2014, 10:42 AM   #354
SpeedTrip
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: F21 M140i LCI-2 Alpine

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
To be fair, a lot more can be coded with the current HU_NBT systems than ever before. The raft of things that can be changed via ESys is huge; none of these would be possible via a DVD startup program.

And FSC codes are available from people other than $ealers and cheaper?
I was just comparing the costs (via Dealers) of updating a roadmap now to the older systems - dont disagree that the scope and detail is far better ....

320i *2, 323i, 520i *2, 540i, 535i, 840i, E36 M5, 328i, 530i, 320d, 535d, M135i, M140i * 2
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #355
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Hill
Hi mate,

im just found your name offering help to uk coders.
Im very new to this and just about to change 6nh to 6ns and had some issues but think i have got it now so going to this over the weekend.

How easy is dvd in motion to do?, do i need an EST token to do this?

Thanks mate
DVD Motion is fairly easy. Believe it does require EST token as it requires FDL coding.

values to change are as below:

> SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX > Set werte = FF
> SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN > Set werte = FF
> VIDEO_NUR_MIT_HANDBREMSE > set to nicht_aktiv
> VIDEO_FRONT_LOCKED > set to nicht_aktiv
> VIDEO_HANDBRAKE > set to nicht_aktiv

Search for these in HU_CIC or HU_NBT (depending what you have).

You may not have all the values written above, so change what you can find and DVD in Motion should work.

Good luck.
      08-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #356
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Coded another brand new F11 today.

Ross (from Scotland) was down south; had come to pick up his brand new car from a local dealership.

Beautiful looking car; brand new - drove straight from dealership to my place.

Code the F11 for the usual things
- DRLs, Acoustic locks, Close boot from button, extra navigation features, etc..

Ross: Hope you have a wonderful drive back to Glasgow...
      08-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #357
njc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31 520d M Sport

Is there anyone in South West / W Mids / Oxford / M4 corridor can help me with coding. I have no idea what to do and any practical advice / tuition would be greatly received.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 03:17 AM   #358
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc View Post
Is there anyone in South West / W Mids / Oxford / M4 corridor can help me with coding. I have no idea what to do and any practical advice / tuition would be greatly received.
Not in the M4 corridor, but I am in the M3/M4 corridor.

Based in Basingstoke; so if you are ever in the region let me know; and I will assist you.
      08-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #359
njc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thank you very much for your kind offer. I will bear that in mind when in the area.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 06:36 AM   #360
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiwong

I have the enhanced Blue-tooth (EBT) and multi-function instrument panel (MFIP) and this concerns the MFIP. Basically, being Chinese, I listen to chinese songs, and have a USB pen drive loaded with chinese songs. (FYI - the file names are double-byte characters).

The problem(s)?

Well, whilst the iDrive display is able to display chinese song names, the Drivers' MFIP cannot - it just displays rectangles for each double-byte character/word. I would also ad that (perhaps due to me using WAV file format for music), the iDrive doesn't display the artist/albumn names either (in chinese of course).

You would have thought that as both the iDrive and MFIP are just (computer/tablet) displays, that they would both be able to handle double-byte characters, regardless of source.

So, as I said earlier, would you happen to know how to code the both displays to be able to display double-byte characters, whilst still retaining the UK system coding it's intended for?

I'm sure there will be foreign users in Thailand / Singapore / China / Hong Kong/ Malaysia / Japan / Korea and possibly Arabic_countries who have displays that show both their language and English.

The other problems concern how the multimedia player handles the WAV files - I can't get it to read the songs when they're in an ROOT:/artist/album/track format, so at the moment. they're all in ONE folder.
Also, if you did have the tracks in artist/album/ folders, then it wouldn't continue by playing the next folder's songs, even when random / shuffle-play is selected.
A very quick thing to try first...

1. Convert your WAV song with Chinese language ID3 tags (name, artist, album, genre etc...) to AAC format. If you have iTunes, it is fairly easy; just right-click and choose convert to .ma4 (AAC format) file.
2. Edit the .m4a song details in iTunes (Write plain english characters in the song name and some Chinese text in the Artist or Album Name).
3. Copy this to a USB stick and play it.

- Are the displays still the same or different?

This is by no means a solution, but I want to rule out the possibility of different character encoding in the ID3 tags. Both WAV and MP3 support multiple versions of ID3 tags - and different parts of BMW (iDrive & dashboard) may be picking up data from different locations.

Give this a go an let me know...
      08-16-2014, 07:07 AM   #361
izozzy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport

When you next free for some coding?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 10:52 AM   #362
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by izozzy View Post
When you next free for some coding?
I am coding a car coming Tue, 19 Aug evening.

I am in/out for the next 2 weeks or so. Should be relatively free from week of 08 Sept onwards...
      08-19-2014, 03:35 AM   #363
chi
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Looking for 5 series M Sport

Quote:

1. Convert your WAV song with Chinese language ID3 tags (name, artist, album, genre etc...) to AAC format. If you have iTunes, it is fairly easy; just right-click and choose convert to .ma4 (AAC format) file.
2. Edit the .m4a song details in iTunes (Write plain english characters in the song name and some Chinese text in the Artist or Album Name).

This is by no means a solution, but I want to rule out the possibility of different character encoding in the ID3 tags. Both WAV and MP3 support multiple versions of ID3 tags - and different parts of BMW (iDrive & dashboard) may be picking up data from different locations.

Thanks GSP, will give it a try when I get some time and update you; very busy at the moment.

Chi,
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 04:33 AM   #364
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi View Post
Thanks GSP, will give it a try when I get some time and update you; very busy at the moment.

Chi,
I also found out that the latest communication software (version UPD05021) also contains some fixes/ updates to display Japanese characters. Maybe you should try the update as well.

Goto this BMW software update link, type in your VIN number and then update your car with the latest version applicable.
      08-19-2014, 03:35 PM   #365
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Coded another 5 series GT today...

The usual things (Auto Start Stop, DRLs, Automatic High beam, Acoustic Locking, etc...)

... another happy BMW owner
      08-20-2014, 03:18 AM   #366
njc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu

The usual things (Auto Start Stop, DRLs, Automatic High beam, Acoustic Locking, etc...)

Auto high beam - just by coding or is there something mechanical / electrical that needs to be fitted first?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 03:52 AM   #367
niggle
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 530d M Sport GT

Quote:

Indeed. gspannu, a big thank you for 'customising' my 530 GT

My favourite changes are
- remembering the last Auto Start/Stop setting (which, let's face it, is off)
- stopping the music when the door is opened (instead of when the car is locked)
- High beam assist default to on (means fully automatic lighting, assuming the headlight dial is set for auto headlamp control)

It was an absolute pleasure spending the evening with you. Good luck finding more coding options, so I have an excuse to come over again some day

njc, I think the High Beam Assist feature requires a sensor on the front of the rear-view mirror, plus an on/off button on the end of the light stalk.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 06:20 AM   #368
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Auto high beam - just by coding or is there something mechanical / electrical that needs to be fitted first?
Auto High Beam can be coded if you have the KAFAS2 camera (even if you do not have the mechanical switch on the steering column stalk, next to BC).
      08-20-2014, 01:41 PM   #369
njc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu
Quote:
Auto High Beam can be coded if you have the KAFAS2 camera (even if you do not have the mechanical switch on the steering column stalk, next to BC).
Not sure I have that, so no good to me. Ah well.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 02:24 PM   #370
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Quote:
I have auto high beam, does the presence of the camera allow for the coding of any other functions?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 03:47 AM   #371
chi
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Hi GSPannu,

you're right about the tags, they weren't populated. I edited a few with the chinese artists/album names, and they appeared on the iDrive screen, including artwork. I need to find a way to re-apply the tags in a batch way for each album/artist from dbpoweramp.
FYI - this applies to WAV and FLAC files, as well as mp3s. I didn't try AACs as I prefer WAV/FLAC files for their quality.

However, the Multi Function Instrument Panel still only displays English - so chinese song names still comes in rectangles per word. Any idea on the MFIP ? Is it a coding issue?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 02:16 AM   #372
monkeybifta
Rep
Drives: F11 530D / Audi A3

Can iDrive playback FLAC files?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 08:52 AM   #373
chi
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybifta View Post
Can iDrive playback FLAC files?
not sure on iDrive without the enhanced blue tooth; but with enhanced blue tooth, it pretty much plays any audio file type - wav, flac, mp3.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 11:39 AM   #374
Sat2014
Registered
Rep
Drives: 520D M sport

Smile

Hi Gspannu,

After reading the other posts on here seem like your the F10 Guru.
I have recently bought a F10 520d m sport. Could you code it so I have Drls and also increase the brightness to 100%?

Thanks

Sat
Appreciate 0