2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding excess wind noise with Samsung Galaxy S2 Android phone

05-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
uktivo
Private
Rep
Drives: 530D - F10

excess wind noise with Samsung Galaxy S2 Android phone

Hi All,

I've moved from Iphone4 to the new 1.2ghz dual core Samsung Galaxy S2 phone.

The sync etc are fine with the F10 but since moving, there has been a massive increase in wind noise whilst using the phone, so much so, I can't be heard by the other party at speeds over 60mph.

I've had the car looked at and the dealer says there ip4 worked fine and they suggest it's the phone.

Does anyone else have this phone and if so, any issues??
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
Autojack
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i Carbon Black M-Sport

Anytime you change a variable, that's the first thing thought to be the cause.

But in this case, FYI there are other threads reflecting a huge distortion and noise issue that arises with the bluetooth phone connection at 50+mph. Some people have indicated that the problem resolves after the dealer replaces the original defective twin microphones with new ones. You might check into this.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
uktivo
Private
Rep
Drives: 530D - F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autojack View Post
Anytime you change a variable, that's the first thing thought to be the cause.

But in this case, FYI there are other threads reflecting a huge distortion and noise issue that arises with the bluetooth phone connection at 50+mph. Some people have indicated that the problem resolves after the dealer replaces the original defective twin microphones with new ones. You might check into this.
Thanks for this input. I don't suppose you have a link to the thread please?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 10:56 AM   #4
jolenberger
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i- 6 Speed Manual

Excessive background noise on phone

I'm having a similar issue on my 2011 535i using a new Samsung Galaxy Halo android phone. People say they can generally hear me fine when I'm talking, but when I'm not talking there is excessive background noise (to the extent that I was asked to mute my line when not speaking while on a conference call). I think it sounds like static, and assuming its just highway noise. All windows and sunroof are closed and the fan is on low. I've noticed this more when taking calls on the highway.

Have others had this problem and successfully been able to solve it? I heard something about replacing the microphones. Thanks in advance for any help folks may be able to provide.
Appreciate 0