2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Goodyear Excellence BUBBLES x4

07-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
Rush2808
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 535

Goodyear Excellence BUBBLES x4

I'm sure this isnt the first 100th post in here, but im just very unhappy with this

I bought my 5's (535i Sport pkg) in october and i changed 3 of them goodyear rfts so far
Front driver, Rear driver, Rear passenger.

I went to NYC 3 days ago i hit a pothole, the tire bubbled on the front passenger and "Dynamic Drive Malfunction" light came on. The next day i turned the car on, the malfunction light isnt there anymore. should i be worried about it?

I've scheduled a service for thursday 7/23 to get my front passenger tire (4th tire thats gonna be replaced) luckily this one dealer has the tire and i have AutoKnight for tire insurance and so far, they have replaced the previous 3, i hope they will replace this 4th one.

My question is, im planning on bitching at BMW customer relation or at the dealer and i want to swap the all 4 of the tire to something else since when i called the dealer (she gave me a long sigh, "this has been an undergoing issues with these tires, you should call the BMW 800 and ask them to swap out with continental or something"), the tire has been a known issue and it was the last one they have in stock and it will be on a back-order for the next guy with the bubble. Do you guys think they will let me switch it to another tires if i give them enough hard time or has anyone ever done this with a result?

Ps: this car has undergone so much seems like a bad luck car

Ordered in July 2010, took it out of the dealer Oct 30th 2010

5th day after the car is bought: rear-ended
10th day: i hit a deer (headlamp ass'y + whole front bumper + hood)
tires 3x has been replaced
car pulls to the right (took it in they said they fixed it, but it's still pulls to the right)

Last edited by Rush2808; 07-23-2011 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
gatoman39
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335 M-Sport

Garage List
Strange. We have the same car and same tires, and I haven't had 1 in 9300 miles of driving. Trust me the roads in LA are just as bad as NY Metro.
      07-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
Rush2808
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 535

Well, one thing i can tell you, dont mess up ur tires coz they're on back-order now haha
and i guess the tires is on back-order for a reason ---> lots of people replaced their tires and they ran out and there might be a reliability issue on the tires
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
gatoman39
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335 M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush2808 View Post
Well, one thing i can tell you, dont mess up ur tires coz they're on back-order now haha
and i guess the tires is on back-order for a reason ---> lots of people replaced their tires and they ran out and there might be a reliability issue on the tires
275/35R19 isn't exactly a universal size. Add the fact that it's a RFT and your choices become extremely limited.
      07-25-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
KRUZNM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

sorry to hear about all your problems!! have you thought about changing to non runflat tires?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #6
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

It's amazing these tires are on backorder, it's seems they always have enough in stock for all the new builds,how many cars do they build in a week with rft tires, I don't have my car yet but getting ready for the BS!
What's the best option, tire insurance or non rft tires? I'm stuck on this decision, the one good thing is the tire insurance covers the rims
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 11:34 PM   #7
KRUZNM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
It's amazing these tires are on backorder, it's seems they always have enough in stock for all the new builds,how many cars do they build in a week with rft tires, I don't have my car yet but getting ready for the BS!
What's the best option, tire insurance or non rft tires? I'm stuck on this decision, the one good thing is the tire insurance covers the rims
i think i would go with non runflat tires... i hated run flat tires since my e92 days
Appreciate 0