2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Will it ever arrive?

12-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
The Mewster
Private
Rep
Drives: F11 520d - arrived Jan 2011.

Unhappy Will it ever arrive?

Hi, I'm new here and fancied a rant to people who will appreciate my pain!

UK F11 520d sport auto with plenty of toys ordered in August on a promise from the salesman that he was holding a build slot for October 23rd delivery when my A6 was due back.

Chased in early October to be told it was likely to be November, extended the lease on my A6 for another month, told that it would be ready last week in November.

Chase end of November, having not had a single update, told that it would now be early December, had a rant, told them I wasn't willing to extend the lease any further on the A6, so they gave me a poverty spec 318i 'for a few days' until mine arrived.

Chased after a couple of weeks, no response, eventually told my an admin person that it was now scheduled for week commencing 20th December.

Chased again last week, now it's scheduled 1st January due to the snow causing mayhem at the port.

Loads more snow today, any bets on it arriving any sooner than mid January? That'll mean it ends up being nearly three months late!

It really had better be worth the wait....

Thanks for listening!

P
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
sundance
Total Newbie
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 520d SE

Sorry to hear your pain... Which dealership was this with?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
Ewymac
Ewymac
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 520d se sports auto on order

Chin up!

Sorry to hear of your plight! I ordered mine (520d se sports auto) last week and I will be gutted if I have to wait as long as you have! Rep told me Feb delivery, fingers are well crossed!!

Good luck and I hope you get an extra special Xmas treat!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
The Mewster
Private
Rep

Thanks for the support!

Was Vines in Guildford, corporate sales. Since I've explained how badly let down I feel communication has improved, but they really have been shocking.

Bad communication, and a really strong feeling that the sales guy just wanted my order then couldn't give a toss.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
pittner
software
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i titanium - driving

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [0.00]
I'm sorry to hear that. I would have gone through the roof a while ago. Sorry I don't have any comforting thoughts for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #6
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Did they give you the production number of your car?
Or the VIN, which should be available if it is already built?

You should track the car's production/transportation yourself to see where the delay is taking place.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #7
Rob Fin
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d m sport arrived

Oh sh1t

Wasn't at all happy with your post, I ordered an f10 sport auto 12 weeks ago and I am just starting to get the "lots of snow at Thorne" line and now think that I might not getvit before Xmas oh bugger
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #8
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d MSpt

also waiting for a car. 530d F11 M-Sport.....supposed to be here next week but am guessing it'll be stuck at Thorne as well. Thing is, even though it might be disappointing to have to wait longer for it there is no way i'd be driving it in this weather!....its better off safe and secure in Thorne till the snow goes. so until it arrives....enjoy xmas and have a beer with something to look forward to in Jan 2011!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #9
The Mewster
Private
Rep

Nosnoop - happy to be corrected, but I don't think there's any way to get access to the tracking system in the UK, other than via the dealer, which is a shame as if there were I'd be on it daily!

Last screenshot they sent me showed that it was in shipping, so now just waiting to see how long it's going to take to get from the port to me...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 12:40 AM   #10
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mewster View Post
Nosnoop - happy to be corrected, but I don't think there's any way to get access to the tracking system in the UK, other than via the dealer, which is a shame as if there were I'd be on it daily!
We also don't have a tracking system in place by BMW here. But once you get the production number and VIN, you can try to track it yourself. For example, many cars are shipped by Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL), and you can track it at their web site with your VIN:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

Or you can try calling BMW UK directly to obtain the status. This would allow you to double check to see if your dealership has been truthful to you.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 11:04 AM   #11
The Mewster
Private
Rep

Nearly here!

Ok, apparently it's gone from 'docked into the country' to 'waiting for transporter', due with the dealer on the 30th. They've said they'll turn it around as soon as it comes in, so fingers crossed i'll have it for the New Year!

I'll post pics when it arrives, space grey and cinnamon brown, controversial choice......
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #12
Amleto63
Commander
Italy
Rep
Drives: F10 520d Sedan

Why controversial choice? Your taste is the right choice indeed! However it is a cool combination (I ordered the same one... plus alu trim!).

How is the snow matter now in UK? I have to pick up mine late January in London and unfortunately I have to drive back to Belgium without winter tires.
      12-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #13
Jimefam
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 550I Msport

My problem maybe even worse. I dropped off my 550i in Paris Nov 22 at the end of my ED. It's been 5 weeks and it's still sitting there. In the meantime I'm making my second payment today with no end in sight. I called and emailed my CA but he got his sale already he couldn't care less. I sent him a few emails and calls but no answer. Bmwna is the same they tell me they can't control shipping schedules and I called TT transport in Paris and they told me they had "no plans" for transport yet. I was originally told it would take 7 to 9 weeks for the whole process but at this rate it will be twice that long. Since I was expecting my car in mid to late January I sold my other car and will turn it in January 15 so instead of being without a car for a few days it may be well over a month. It really kills all the good feelings you get from bmw's terrific ED program.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #14
The Mewster
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amleto63 View Post
Why controversial choice? Your taste is the right choice indeed! However it is a cool combination (I ordered the same one... plus alu trim!).

How is the snow matter now in UK? I have to pick up mine late January in London and unfortunately I have to drive back to Belgium without winter tires.
No, it's fine now here, certainly around London. In fact it's back to normal, I can hear the rain pelting down outside... That of course is assuming we don't have more in the New Year, but it's unlikely.

As for Cinamon Brown, as soon as I saw it in the catalogue I knew it was the one, but it does seem to come in for quite a bit of stick on here! But then I'm the only one who has to live with it...
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #15
The Mewster
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimefam View Post
My problem maybe even worse. I dropped off my 550i in Paris Nov 22 at the end of my ED. It's been 5 weeks and it's still sitting there. In the meantime I'm making my second payment today with no end in sight. I called and emailed my CA but he got his sale already he couldn't care less. I sent him a few emails and calls but no answer. Bmwna is the same they tell me they can't control shipping schedules and I called TT transport in Paris and they told me they had "no plans" for transport yet. I was originally told it would take 7 to 9 weeks for the whole process but at this rate it will be twice that long. Since I was expecting my car in mid to late January I sold my other car and will turn it in January 15 so instead of being without a car for a few days it may be well over a month. It really kills all the good feelings you get from bmw's terrific ED program.
Sorry to hear that, at least I've been in a loaner for the last month so I've actually had a month of free motoring, and our lease payments don't start until delivery. I know it doesn't help, but it sounds like there have been general transport issues across most of western Europe over the last few weeks. Fingers crossed for you that it gets moving soon...
Appreciate 0