2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Anyone else missing stuff from the LCI packages?

10-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i GT

Anyone else missing stuff from the LCI packages?

As per the ordering guide, Driver Assistance Plus (ZDB) includes Active Blind Spot Detection (5AG) and Active Driving Assistant (5AS) that has Forward collision warning, Pedestrian warning and city collision mitigation. My 5 GT has both ZDB and ZDA but there is no button for Blind Spot Detection as shown in the manual nor is there City Collision Mitigation or Pedestrian warning. Interestingly I do get the flashing red car icon for Forward Collision Warning but no audible warning and no City Collision Mitigation braking. All these things are in the in car manual videos and all.

Anyone else with an LCI and ZDA/ZDB missing BLind SPot and City Collision Mitigation?

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
usta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M8,G80, Raptor R, GT500

I just picked up mine last week with Driver assistance Package (ZDA) and Driver Assistance Package plus (ZDB) with 5AG , 5AS, 5DL and 8TH.

Here is a picture of the button on mine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 04:14 AM   #3
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

@usta. Thanks. Mine is missing the Blind Spot Detection button. What I care most about is the CIty Collision Mitigation. Does your car give you audible warning and wheel vibration when you approach a car? Also what paperwork shows 8th?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
usta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M8,G80, Raptor R, GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnestHouse View Post
@usta. Thanks. Mine is missing the Blind Spot Detection button. What I care most about is the CIty Collision Mitigation. Does your car give you audible warning and wheel vibration when you approach a car? Also what paperwork shows 8th?
Ernesthouse - i get the audible warning both on the dash and the headup display, don't remember wheel vibration, i will check. i definitely get the wheel vibration lane assist.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

@usta
Thanks, I was able to get the audible warning today but I was so close to the car in front, it was unbearable and I had to instantly brake. I don't know if there was steering wheel vibration. That works for lane assistance. I can't see the collision warning leaving enough time to react. My foot was on the brake and I was ready. I also cannot see testing City Collision Mitigation. The braking would have to be so close to the object that if it fails, there would be CONTACT!!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
Donser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10

I don't get steering wheel vibration on a collision warning. I just get the the red light on my instrument cluster and HUD. I do get steering wheel vibration for lane departure and blind stop warnings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usta View Post
Ernesthouse - i get the audible warning both on the dash and the headup display, don't remember wheel vibration, i will check. i definitely get the wheel vibration lane assist.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
raleedy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6-speed

Quote:
@usta
Thanks, I was able to get the audible warning today but I was so close to the car in front, it was unbearable and I had to instantly brake. I don't know if there was steering wheel vibration. That works for lane assistance. I can't see the collision warning leaving enough time to react. My foot was on the brake and I was ready. I also cannot see testing City Collision Mitigation. The braking would have to be so close to the object that if it fails, there would be CONTACT!!
As I pointed out in another post, testing this feature also gives you an opportunity to test the airbags.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #8
kube
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d xDrive MSport

Quote:
Pull out the window sticker and see what's on it -- it should be listed as part of the package and if not installed, get with your CA and tell them you want it fixed; it should be there!

I'd get with my CA either way -- if it's not there, it's supposed to be!!! I'd be P-O'ed if I ordered and expected something and it was overlooked.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #9
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

@kube. I contacted my CA first thing yesterday afternoon and am waiting to hear back from him.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #10
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550xi M-Sport Silver

I have the same ZDB package (ZDA standard on 550) ... and I have all the same buttons as USTA. My Blind spot, Lane Departure work as intended, with wheel vibration for the latter.

Today I was actually not paying attention in a parking lot, and going about 5mph ... the vehicle detected another vehicle backing out of a space, and lit the warning light ... chimed the warning tone, and brought my vehicle to a complete stop and held it there stopped ... all in a matter of seconds, as long at it took me to see the driver backing out of the space.

Mind you, I would have stopped myself in plenty of time to avoid a collision, however I can tell you it works!

Also ... i DO NOT have ACC Stop & Go
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 05:11 AM   #11
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I pulled out the manual and according to it, the Collision Warning is two stage:
1) Red Car Indicator
2) Flashing Red Car Indicator with audible signal

There is no wheel vibration.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2013, 05:52 AM   #12
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I got to the bottom of this. For the 5 GT (F07), Blind Spot is dropped from the package when you change the line to M-Sport. There is no warning in the bmwusa.com visualizer. However the price of the DAP package drops to $1300 MSRP. The German website Konfigurator pops up a warning. Both BMW and my CA said "Oops". Sorry.

In other news, according to the LCI technical manual posted elsewhere on this site, the MY 2014 5 series LCI does not have the "Latest Version" of the "forward collision warning with braking" that brakes to a standstill, contrary to the user manual.

Maybe one of the car mags will pick up on this.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #13
Snarry
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 550xi M Sport

Quote:
@usta
You can change the distance at which the warning kicks in through the iDrive. There are three options -- short, medium and far. I have mine set on medium and,a t that setting, I am quite close to the car in front of me before the light goes on and almost touching by the time the audible warning kicks in.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #14
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I had Forward Coll. Warning enabled in Settings and configured to "Early" before leaving the dealer's lot!
Appreciate 0