2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions F10 door + lock not working properly after actuator replacement

11-06-2020, 01:17 AM   #1
torangi
zoom zoom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528xi, 2013 BMW X5

F10 door + lock not working properly after actuator replacement

Hi there,

Sorry for any weird post format or anything- I'm new here!
My 2013 BMW 528xi's passenger door lock stopped working. The lock pin would not go down (I could push it down but it would spring back up.) We determined the actuator failed, ordered the part online, and followed a tutorial to replace it.

This is the part ordered-
https://www.carparts.com/details/BMW...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

After putting everything back together, we noticed the lock pin sat way higher up than normal (sticks up super far when in the 'unlocked position'). When it goes down to lock position, it looks like the normal BMW "unlocked" position. It does lock the door as normal.

Another thing we noticed is the door is not closing properly (no soft touch, just standard.) I have to slam the door to get it to close. A normal force door close will not close the door properly.

Does anyone know what's up with this? It's functional, but definitely bugs me enough to the point where I'd like to get it fixed....
Appreciate 0