2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) Best new car prices in the UK

02-09-2011, 07:54 AM   #45
Bamsha
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 535i F10 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoboss156 View Post
I also bought from BMW Park Lane. The deposit (20%) was paid on 20/11/2010 and order and leave in a month. I have just been informed that the car will be produced in the sixth week of 2011 and will arrive in the UK the tenth week of 2011.

Compared to the Italian list will save about 10k Euros.

Discount: 5% BMW 520d F10 Msport
I just ordered my car from BMW Park Lane too! Deposit paid this week. How long did you have to wait until you got a production week, seems about 2 months?

My estimated delivery is July 2011!! Was hoping it was a bit exaggerated.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #46
marcoboss156
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw 520d F10 Msport

With whom did you treat the purchase?

Against all odds it seems that the car will be available approximately one month ahead of schedule.
From what I know the bmw for export orders only once a month and especially at the end of the month (approximately twenty-fifth day).
I made the deposit November 29, 2010. On my contract's delivery date as May 15, 2011.
Unfortunately, we attach great times as wide as not to risk the delays (in fact I had already anticipated that it would take 4 to 5 months).

What configuration have you ordered?
      02-10-2011, 12:47 AM   #47
Bamsha
Private
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
With whom did you treat the purchase?

Against all odds it seems that the car will be available approximately one month ahead of schedule.
From what I know the bmw for export orders only once a month and especially at the end of the month (approximately twenty-fifth day).
I made the deposit November 29, 2010. On my contract's delivery date as May 15, 2011.
Unfortunately, we attach great times as wide as not to risk the delays (in fact I had already anticipated that it would take 4 to 5 months).

What configuration have you ordered?
I purchased from Charlie Menard who i found in this thread.

I went with a 535i SE, Sophisto grey ,Oyster Black, Media(Pro Nav) and Visibility packages, sports auto, comfort seats. Also 328 alloys and shadowline trim.

Was planning on getting a 523i when I was shopping around in Sweden, but as it turned out a 535i in UK is cheaper than a 523i with lesser options in Sweden. So i had already accustomed myself to that price-range which made it easy to go for the bigger engine.

I suspected they added time to avoid delays, I hope I get mine a month early too, it would be perfect for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 05:26 AM   #48
marcoboss156
Italy
Rep

I purchased from Bill Falora.

Good choice the 535i Se. Compliments very nice.

I was going to buy the 320d Msport here in Italy. Then I saw the sale price in UK and with the same amount you could get a 520d Msport, Alpine White, Black Dakota Leather, Media Package - BMW Professional, Xenon headlights, 19" M style 351M alloy wheels, Electric glass sunroof, Windscreen with Grey shade band and Loudspeaker system - BMW Professional.

In my honest opinion I think that will be available from your BMW dealership in mid-May. I do not know, however, tell you a precise date for it at home. When will I know what I will tell you employ.
      02-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #49
Bamsha
Private
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
I purchased from Bill Falora.

Good choice the 535i Se. Compliments very nice.

I was going to buy the 320d Msport here in Italy. Then I saw the sale price in UK and with the same amount you could get a 520d Msport, Alpine White, Black Dakota Leather, Media Package - BMW Professional, Xenon headlights, 19" M style 351M alloy wheels, Electric glass sunroof, Windscreen with Grey shade band and Loudspeaker system - BMW Professional.

In my honest opinion I think that will be available from your BMW dealership in mid-May. I do not know, however, tell you a precise date for it at home. When will I know what I will tell you employ.
Excellent choice, yours is gonna look great for sure. Its too impractical to have a white car in Sweden in my opinion, the winter season is too long and it would look constantly dirty.

Mid-may would be great, hope you are right about that!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2011, 04:10 AM   #50
highfive
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: E46 330Cd *sold* / F10 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakal View Post
Pdewinter,

Ik zal je vragen in't Engels beantwoorden zodat ze door allemaal verstandbaar zijn.

My car bought in the UK is now fully immatriculated in Belgium.
Here are the steps I followed :
Karmakal, thanks a lot for explaining the steps in such great detail!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 03:30 AM   #51
tovarasul
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 3.0dA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acquarian View Post

The UK today is the best place to buy the new 5 series (also Mercedes Audi etc)

I am starting to sound like a TV advert but anyone in Europe could make amazing savings by buying a left hand car in England.

In UK a 523i is £ 31200 , plus leather seats ambient light etc etc, as standard

a 523i in Germany is 41900 euros without the standard extras that are avaIable in UK and this is almost £ 5000 more ,

in Belgium 43,500 euros again without the extras available for the UK market,
in Spain 44,300 euros and again without the extras available for the UK, and so on...

and if we look at say a 535i or even a 550i the difference can be almost 20,000 euros!....

I ask why ....and you only need to pay the Tax in the UK to be able to use it in any EEC country without any hassle.
Thanks for the very usefull info!
I made some research and I found this link: http://www.bmwtaxfree.co.uk/export-s...ur-status.html
It is written that: "To be eligible for the export sales programme you must be able to meet the following criteria: Produce documentation confirming you are living or working in the UK or outside of your country of residence for more than 3 months."
Did you face this issue?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 05:29 AM   #52
Bamsha
Private
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tovarasul View Post
Thanks for the very usefull info!
I made some research and I found this link: http://www.bmwtaxfree.co.uk/export-s...ur-status.html
It is written that: "To be eligible for the export sales programme you must be able to meet the following criteria: Produce documentation confirming you are living or working in the UK or outside of your country of residence for more than 3 months."
Did you face this issue?
Noone asked me to produce any documents like that. All the contract says is that you agree to not resell the vehicle for commercial purposes.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 04:31 AM   #53
f11lover
Rep
Drives: FORD FOCUS WAGON

Hello , I have one question to Karmakal or to somebody able to answer.

When I enter into the UK configurator, the final price I get , it´s with VAT, isn´it?

Ineed to take out the UK vat to know the price aprox I will pay there isn´t it ?
thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 04:51 AM   #54
Bamsha
Private
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f11lover View Post
Hello , I have one question to Karmakal or to somebody able to answer.

When I enter into the UK configurator, the final price I get , it´s with VAT, isn´it?

Ineed to take out the UK vat to know the price aprox I will pay there isn´t it ?
thanks
Yes it is incuding VAT. You have remove 20% UK VAT. Ofcourse you will have to pay your countrys VAT(25% in sweden for example) to your national tax-agency.

You can probably get around a 5% discount too.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 08:09 AM   #55
karmakal
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G30 530D (iX50 on order)

@F11lover

As Bamsha explained you need to deduce UK VAT (it was 17.5% when I bought last year) but add VAT from your home country.

To that price, you need to add delivery fee + fuel (full tank) + admin fee, about 700 GBP for me in total (excl. VAT).
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #56
marcoboss156
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamsha View Post
Excellent choice, yours is gonna look great for sure. Its too impractical to have a white car in Sweden in my opinion, the winter season is too long and it would look constantly dirty.

Mid-may would be great, hope you are right about that!

Hi Bamsha

Today the dealer informed me that the car has arrived at the Uk port.

Tomorrow I will pay the bank trasfer and wait to know when can I collect the car

I'm already organise for the trip.
      03-04-2011, 01:22 AM   #57
Bamsha
Private
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Hi Bamsha

Today the dealer informed me that the car has arrived at the Uk port.

Tomorrow I will pay the bank trasfer and wait to know when can I collect the car

I'm already organise for the trip.
Sweet, congratulations

Do you know where you will pick it up? I got an email saying they just moved their office from Park Lane, but it was not far. But im not sure if that is the pickup place.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 01:59 AM   #58
marcoboss156
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Sweet, congratulations

Do you know where you will pick it up? I got an email saying they just moved their office from Park Lane, but it was not far. But im not sure if that is the pickup place.
Yes they have moved to this address: BMW Group 78-98 Marsham Street Westminster London SW1P 4LY

The site will instead be pick up the car at: Ashford International Delivery Centre, C/o Broad Oak, Orbital Business Park, The Boulevard, Ashford, Kent, TN24 0GA

Now I leave to go to the bank transfer
      03-04-2011, 02:22 AM   #59
f11lover
Rep
Drives: FORD FOCUS WAGON

Hola Jinmadrid,

have you allready received the car ? are you spanish don´t you

I would like to know the folllowing steps when bringing the car to Spain ...and aproximate costs

any unexpected surprise

thanks in adavance !
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #60
Bamsha
Private
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Yes they have moved to this address: BMW Group 78-98 Marsham Street Westminster London SW1P 4LY

The site will instead be pick up the car at: Ashford International Delivery Centre, C/o Broad Oak, Orbital Business Park, The Boulevard, Ashford, Kent, TN24 0GA

Now I leave to go to the bank transfer
I guess you will fly to London and then take the train to Ashford? I guess thats the best option for me atleast.

I had thought i would pick it up in London at their office, but this works too. Atleast this way i dont have to drive through the central of London on the left side of the road.

I'd appreciate if you posted here again when you have picked your car up to tell how it went and if you had any troubles I should be aware of.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 05:44 AM   #61
bmwf11
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMWF11; 996 Carrera

a question to 'karmakel' and other belgium members buying from UK:
Did you consider ordering your 520d with option code 843 (reduced engine layout with 163hp but same 380nm torque) which I believe normally is only available in Belgium and my home country Norway for tax reasons.
In my case the tax difference with or without this reduced engine layout is approx 3500 euros alone so it eats up a lot of the UK advantage.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #62
marcoboss156
Italy
Rep

Quote:
I guess you will fly to London and then take the train to Ashford? I guess thats the best option for me atleast.

I had thought i would pick it up in London at their office, but this works too. Atleast this way i dont have to drive through the central of London on the left side of the road.

I'd appreciate if you posted here again when you have picked your car up to tell how it went and if you had any troubles I should be aware of.
Now the dealer has informed me that by Friday 18 March i will be to pick up the car. I think go Monday 21 March.

I will be booking a flight to London Stansted (Ryanair), then take the train to Tottenham station, from there by underground to London St. Pancras International where I will take the train to Ashford International and the taxi to the BMW dealer.
      03-14-2011, 09:38 AM   #63
karmakal
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G30 530D (iX50 on order)

Hello BMWF11,

No I did not ask the dealer for tax friendly version.

In Belgium the car power only has influence on the on-the-road tax. The extra cost for 184 hp is only about 1250 EUR (one shot) so I did not bother asking and sticked to the more powerful version.

Yearly circulation tax is the same for both cars (163 and 184 hp) as it is based on CO2 emissions.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 08:15 AM   #64
Bamsha
Private
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Now the dealer has informed me that by Friday 18 March i will be to pick up the car. I think go Monday 21 March.

I will be booking a flight to London Stansted (Ryanair), then take the train to Tottenham station, from there by underground to London St. Pancras International where I will take the train to Ashford International and the taxi to the BMW dealer.
Good luck tomorrow, looking forward to hearing about your experience!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 04:01 AM   #65
marcoboss156
Italy
Rep

Hi Bamsha

The trip went very well. I stayed four days in England to better organize. I took a rental car instead of using public transport the first 2 days. So I could also visit some cities near Ashford (Canterbury and Hastings). The pick up of the car was fast about 30/40 minutes.

If you have any questions please ask quietly
      04-08-2011, 05:07 AM   #66
Bamsha
Private
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Hi Bamsha

The trip went very well. I stayed four days in England to better organize. I took a rental car instead of using public transport the first 2 days. So I could also visit some cities near Ashford (Canterbury and Hastings). The pick up of the car was fast about 30/40 minutes.

If you have any questions please ask quietly
Glad it went well!

What documents did they require from you to let you pick up the car?
Did you pre-order your Chunnel ticket or did you buy it when you got there?

My plan is to stay in London for one day, and the next morning go by train to Ashford for the pickup. Mostly because my wife has not been to London before.

My sales guy is on vacation for almost a month, so I dont think I will know my production date until late april, possibly even after its produced.:/
Appreciate 0