2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Nickco43's Cheap Used Car 2011 535XI Build Log

01-03-2021, 11:55 PM   #221
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Today was a huge day. I got the front passenger side carpet in and the dash in. After come configuration HUD works but the ghosting on the non HUD windshield is a bit worse than anticipated. In the video it looks ok but it is a bit worse in real life.

CA is all wired up but will not work. I believe I messed up the cloning thus making it think it is a non CA cas. I hope I have the original firmware files saved so I can revert back to its original state and try again.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 09:27 AM   #222
Quiet Clutch
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535i xDrive (F10)

Build coming along nicely

Nice bro
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 09:27 PM   #223
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
The car is 98% back together and I took it for a drive around the block. The sound deadening works well as I only hear rocks in the wheel wells from the last time I drove the car in the snow.

From the last time I posted I hard wired in the OEM iluminated door sill harness, fitted a type C port in my center console, rewired my NBT Evo + ATM for use without the emulator and fitted all of the interior back into the car. I am supper happy with how everything turned out.

My driver's side soft close door is shot and I have ordered a replacement as well as a replacement CA CAS since I didn't code it right and ended up bricking it. Hopefully by early next week everything will be 100%.

Appreciate 2
      01-14-2021, 07:23 PM   #224
tadaka
Registered
Rep
Drives: Lexus LS430

Great progress, looking forward to its completion.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 04:38 PM   #225
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]

New valve cover is on and the pressure is gone. My grand theory is the sludge messed up the pcv in four years causing it to fail.The car runs great on the burnt coils and plugs which still shocks me. New colder spark plugs and Eldor coils are coming tomorrow and I will be able to finally leave for school.

I am super bummed about the sludge and I am considering doing the BG engine flush which melts the sludge away. The two jugs of it are $350 and is much more involved than a $10 of parts store "engine flush".

Everyone I had talked to said the best course of action would be to change the oil every 3k miles. I plan on changing the oil when ever I get free time.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 03:17 PM   #226
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Everything was put back together and I have been driving around for almost a month without any issues. I think this is the last issue I am going to have with this car for the next year or two.

The previous owner of my blue E90 called and said he was buying the other black E90 that I also owned from the dude I sold it to.

I am playing with the idea of selling my F10 and going back to my blue E90 to free up capital I can use to kick start my life after college. I added everything up and I am in my "cheap used car" almost $20K USD. How much is my F10 even worth? I was thinking maybe I could get $15k USD from someone who appreciates all of the work I did and wants a fully dialed in car. Talking amongst my friends someone has already offered 14k for the car as a low ball offer.

If I could only loose 2-3k on the car it would be worth freeing up over $10,000 that I could use in the next few months. The only reason why I am considering this is that my blue e90 is fully dialed in and I won't go on a crazy spending spree with it like every car I have ever owned.
Appreciate 2
yl0.00
      03-26-2021, 03:08 PM   #227
wdhilliard
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550i - Titanium Silve

Did your vehicle have NBT when you got it? I am looking at swapping CIC for NBT, but don't like a lot of the options I have found for premade harnesses. Many of them require you to wire the audio through the AUX input which is not ideal (feedback/groundloop issues), don't use the factory bluetooth module and require another antenna, or require installing new microphones in the headliner for audio input.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 03:15 PM   #228
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhilliard View Post
Did your vehicle have NBT when you got it? I am looking at swapping CIC for NBT, but don't like a lot of the options I have found for premade harnesses. Many of them require you to wire the audio through the AUX input which is not ideal (feedback/groundloop issues), don't use the factory bluetooth module and require another antenna, or require installing new microphones in the headliner for audio input.
My car had cic from factory. First I use a carsystem adapter for the nbt evo and then I rewired the car with a zgw2 and lci icm for a more factory install.

I still have my old adapter but you would need to make your own harness.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2023, 05:51 PM   #229
billowusu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
Missing Accomplished!

ACC S+G is fully functional in my car!

I got the F01 pump installed in my car and after flashing the pump with F10 firmware it works!

If I didn't get the bad pump at first this would have been a lot cheaper. My DIY attempts for the bad pump cost $100 in brake fluid and the dealer charged $400 to give it a go.

Subtracting that I am in this retrofit for $515

F01 DXC ACC: $100
ACC ICM: $75
ACC Sensor: $250
Steering wheel controls: $70
Brake Fluid: $20

The motive brake bleeder tools are pretty bad. I got the ECS brand brake bleeder with a Bav Auto brake bleeder bottle that are much better than the motive stuff. All the motive bleeder did was leak everywhere, even with the metal cap. I also picked up the black Friday special $200 Milwaukee M12 tool bundle from Home Depot. The power ratchet made quick work of the pump swap.

Overall this retrofit costed double of what it should have and tool way too long. Sometimes thing do not do according to plan but that is life. I am so happy it is finally working after 4+ DXC pump swaps.

ACC worked well on the highway the short time I tested it out. When the car came to a full stop it resumed automatically without me doing anything. I am excided to test out the functionality [...]
Hey man, is it required to change your dsc unit for nbt retrofit? My car is an 03/11 and this is what I have so far.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0