2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Help with retrofitting or shop recommendations in tristate

01-28-2024, 07:16 AM   #1
Lady_n52
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 528i

Help with retrofitting or shop recommendations in tristate

Hello everyone, new member but have been reading the forum for about a decade. My father has been a member since 2005. Sadly my father and mother retired and moved away so I don’t have his help anymore. He has taught me many things on how to work on my BMW but at this moment I am very stumped on some retrofits I am attempting to do.

I own a 2011 528i that has a lot of sentimental value to me. Mechanically the thing is as sound as whistle and I decided to upgrade and restore the interior cosmetics and comforts since I got into a accident and need to replace my hood, bumper and headlights. This is my daily and what I use to transport my twins.

I am trying to retrofit ventilated comfort seats from a 2012 550i as well as a ceramic SAT gear selector and DEC switch. I did a interior swap from black to cinnamon brown. Read a few guides believed it would be plug and play and it wasn’t. Did coding via Bimmer code and still didn’t work. Swapped my OG module from my OEM seats and they won’t move when I press the seat buttons. They do move via the manual function in Bimmer code app and when using memory button. So I know they work. With the gear selector I see that it says communication error, I did the 8 pin to 10 pin conversion and it still wasn’t plus and play.

So I am asking if anyone knows of a shop in the tristate are that know how to do this retrofit I called a few customization shops by none seemed confident. This leads me to believe this a wiring thing. As maybe my 528i has very different wiring from the 535i. Or if anyone is willing to paid to do this job for me in the tristate area, I would appreciate it.
Appreciate 0