2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Just ordered - how long to wait?

04-28-2011, 01:27 AM   #23
shiner
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535D MSport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukes3xn View Post
oh, forgot to say... the new beast is much larger, more luxurious, spacious than my old A4, especially in the back, which is important for your soon to be 3 kids... But the most remarkable thing is that the way it builds speed is so deceptive... Because its so smooth and quiet you dont notice it the same way as you can with say, an A4 (mine was the 170PS 2.0TDi) or Passat where you get that shove in the back, a load of noise, maybe even a belch of smoke (!) when the turbo kicks in... But it is quicker, I'm convinced of it, even after 1 day.
Yep, remain convinced, and it gets better the longer you have it. It is such a superb car.

Again like you buxes3, hand on your heart, how often did you need the estate facility beforehand? Looks like you beat yourself up about that just like I did.... Of course I would have specced the 520D estate if I could have but settling for the saloon is not much of a come down is it! The boot is cavernous and the bench at the back is massive for three kids. Like you ten times in three years in my case and most of that was bunched together into a week or two. I can hire a van if need be from down the street for a few quid. 95% of the time in my case it's me in the car on my own on 140 mile business runs so comfort for me is the most important thing. I used to get out the Passat/Avant and feel knackered after a long run.

It really is a fabulous car. I've now got 600 miles on it in a week - just driving it around locally when kids in bed to "get used to it" as i tell my wife - not done a "proper" business trip just yet. The engine is so smooth. The six speed manual gearbox is a gem and the build quality is in another Universe to the Passat and the A4 Avant IMO (I had three years in both and they are well built too)

You will not regret your choice - it is a fabulous car in every way.

Last edited by shiner; 04-28-2011 at 01:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 02:58 AM   #24
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d SE

I have loaded my E91 up to the roof line half a dozen times - either on a tip run or a couple of times volunteering myself to help shift family things - can avoid all those occasions if I need to! Other than that full load has been going on holiday. The additional boot space in the F10 should be enough, and if not buy some bars and borrow my brother's roof box. For the vast majority of the time it will be me in the car by myself.

Wasn't a badge snob. But felt very good being given the keys to my 3. And if work wants to pay an insane amount of money to rent me a 5, who am I to argue?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #25
shiner
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535D MSport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochdale Pioneers View Post
And if work wants to pay an insane amount of money to rent me a 5, who am I to argue?
I couldn't have put it better myself.....
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #26
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

To answer my own impatient question, its arrived at the dealer today and will be mine next Tuesday!
      07-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #27
Kev R
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 520d SE Sport Auto

Similar situation to yourself, car ordered via company lease agreement with Ogilvie fleet, I need to have an auto box which is a perfect match with this car the 520d auto is a dream to drive...I managed to squeeze the sport auto with the semi-trick suspension, which is brilliant by the way.

I really did fancy the ambient lighting I think it looks really cool, other priority options in order money allowing would have been:

1. Professional Nav
2. 18s (19s really)
3. Sun protection glass
4. Adaptive lighting

To get back to your question...

I ordered on the 25th April, my order went in with BMW on the 26th, they gave me a factory build slot of 6th June with delivery on the 4th of July. It was actually delivered to me on the 14th July. I specified model deletion and smokers pack deletion but they left the latter in which annoyed me a bit.

Your lease company should give you all this detail mine did, or get the order code from them I think any dealer can check on the progress and status!

I have 500 miles on the clock (7 on delivery) we went down to the new forest over the weekend, believe me it is well worth the wait...the car is an absolute dream, I just want to get in it and drive forever.

Cheers...Kevin
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #28
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Glad you're happy with it! Masterlease had no information they wanted to give - until the email late this afternoon saying it was at the dealer they would only quote the estimated date of 30th August.....
      07-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #29
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

It's here! Delivered to the office at lunchtime. Is it the end if the day yet? Want to have a drive.....
      07-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #30
blaz
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d,F30 330e,G20 M340i

So now you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochdale Pioneers View Post
NOW: E91 320d ES Titanium Silver
ARRIVES 26/7: F10 520d SE Alpine White, Cinnamon Brown leather, Business speakers
update your signature

Ordered mine 15th June - expected 12th August so 8.5 weeks
      07-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #31
blaz
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d,F30 330e,G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaz View Post
expected 12th August
still haven't driven one
      07-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #32
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Initial thoughts - my God its a big car. My E91 felt snug around me, but the F10 feels fabulously huge, with its beautiful sculptured bonnet reaching a long way out front. I got the weaves in a straight line steering thing to start with, until I realised its just lighter than the ton-weight steering I'm used to.

Haven't had a change to play with settings much, just feeling like a million quid with my luxury barge. Oh, the speed limiter is ace for managing speed in town. I do 60k miles a year so will start a car blog thread as I suspect I'll run miles up faster than most.
      07-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #33
Kev R
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 520d SE Sport Auto

Congrats...isn't it just fab? I had nothing to compare it with in a similar class other than a Merc E220d which I had as a loner for a while the F10 knocks spots off that. My previous motor was an Alfa 159ti so very different, I just love the F10 it is a dream to drive and very luxurious I feel very special behind the wheel and tend to just cruise everywhere.

Wow 60k a year, I think we will all be following your blog...if anything is going to drop off it will drop off yours first I think!

Enjoy it and get some pics up so we can have a look...have a look at mine if you haven't already.

Cheers...kevin.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #34
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Pics are going to have to wait til the weekend - heinously busy with work. Have started photting the journey computer screen and am logging mileage, fuel costs, mpg etc etc on my phone using an Android app.

Car feels fab to drive, was loving the sound coming through my business speakers off my HDD - its so loud! As for the car, drove it to Manchester and back earlier. Trip home is 110 miles done in 1h51, average speed of 61.4mph, fuel economy 50.0mpg. OK so I was taking it steady due to traffic and phone calls, but 50mpg in a car this size with a brand new engine?
      07-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #35
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Have put some photos on my high mileage blog here