2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions F10 N57 535d timing chain.

02-02-2024, 05:25 PM   #1
dpalumbo25
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535d

F10 N57 535d timing chain.

SO simple question. Anyone ever done this besides an english guy on youtuebes? Done this in your own garage on stands/ ramps? So the major issues is to do: I need to open valve cover, take down exhaust, driveline, oil pan... all easy. Then drop transmission to access the rear of the engine! Looking for tips on dropping the trans i guess. It reports out to be 89kg so about 200#. Also could have replacing the harmonic balancer cause a tensioner to fail? I used a new to me indi shop and wasn't there, can't fully attest to their work ethic. I assume he used a puller to get the HB off. I know this is going to suck cause I just did the valve cover and driveline VERY recently. Having issues finding a shop in Pittsburgh to do the job. Once they hear diesel its nah thanks....what am I missing? It has been a GREAT car, hence the 170K miles on her.
Appreciate 0