2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum New owner, new mods incoming

01-21-2017, 07:21 PM   #45
The_M6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjh2oman
Cleaned her all up and snapped a few pics today. I had the windows tinted last week. I spent a lot of time debating between 20% and 35%, but after seeing how light 35% was I wanted a little darker. I still wish there was a 25 or 30, but without that option I decided on Huper Optik 20% all around except the front, which is naked for now.

I also had some touch up paint work done to my driver side paint and just got back from the detailer who reapplied the protective ceramic coating. The car looks like the paint is still wet it's so clean and perfect. I wish iPhone pictures did it justice.

Next up, in the next few weeks I'll get the M5 spoiler installed and the Dinan springs with bumpstops, which I'm really hoping are low enough to make me happy. I have that sinking feeling I'm going to want to switch to ACS if the drop is minimal or non-existent.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend out there.
Looks good, nice choice on all mods! Have you considered BMW center caps for your wheels. I've always swapped BMW roundels on my silver wheels because the black center caps break up the flow of the wheels IMO. The split 5 spoke is classic and you nailed it!!!
      01-22-2017, 12:58 AM   #46
ThaiBruin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-Sport

looking really good!
      01-22-2017, 12:12 PM   #47
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjh2oman View Post
Cleaned her all up and snapped a few pics today. I had the windows tinted last week. I spent a lot of time debating between 20% and 35%, but after seeing how light 35% was I wanted a little darker. I still wish there was a 25 or 30, but without that option I decided on Huper Optik 20% all around except the front, which is naked for now.

I also had some touch up paint work done to my driver side paint and just got back from the detailer who reapplied the protective ceramic coating. The car looks like the paint is still wet it's so clean and perfect. I wish iPhone pictures did it justice.

Next up, in the next few weeks I'll get the M5 spoiler installed and the Dinan springs with bumpstops, which I'm really hoping are low enough to make me happy. I have that sinking feeling I'm going to want to switch to ACS if the drop is minimal or non-existent.

looks good!

Did you say you have the front windows done at 20% from the pics it looks even.

I've thought also about doing my front windsheild at 70% where you can hardly notice it, but it helps to keep alot of uv rays out...

I did 35% all around, as i don't like the uneven look of darker in the back lighter in the front.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2017, 03:32 PM   #48
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu550 View Post
Quote:

Looks good, nice choice on all mods! Have you considered BMW center caps for your wheels. I've always swapped BMW roundels on my silver wheels because the black center caps break up the flow of the wheels IMO. The split 5 spoke is classic and you nailed it!!!
I tried the OEM BMW center caps but these wheels have a slightly larger opening just for the center cap. I too would prefer the BMW emblem, I may need to look for some replicas in this size.
      01-22-2017, 03:42 PM   #49
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpanipuri View Post
Quote:

looks good!

Did you say you have the front windows done at 20% from the pics it looks even.

I've thought also about doing my front windsheild at 70% where you can hardly notice it, but it helps to keep alot of uv rays out...

I did 35% all around, as i don't like the uneven look of darker in the back lighter in the front.
I did not do the front, but was really considering the same thing with 70% up front to block heat and UV. I'm going to drive it like this for a while and see if I want to do the front or just leave it be. Summer will be the real test. It's hard to judge the total heat blocking right now in the cool temps.

In person you can see the front vs sides are different shades. However, now looking in from the front appears darker because of the sides being done. While I like the look so far, it may be a touch darker than what I think is ideal, and the contrast of front vs sides is noticeable to the enthusiast in me.
      01-22-2017, 10:24 PM   #50
STLBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 & 2015 i8

Welcome. I used to be Audi years ago but BMW keeps bringing me back
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #51
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I got around to installing the rear spoiler today. Very happy with how it turned out. I also had the Dinan springs and bumpstops installed, but the springs are still settling. I also noticed the bumpstops are squeaking a bit at low speeds just over minor bumps. So, I figure I'll drive it around a bit before I post pictures or make any final judgements.
Attached Images

02-10-2017, 08:06 PM   #52
ThaiBruin
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I got around to installing the rear spoiler today. Very happy with how it turned out. I also had the Dinan springs and bumpstops installed, but the springs are still settling. I also noticed the bumpstops are squeaking a bit at low speeds just over minor bumps. So, I figure I'll drive it around a bit before I post pictures or make any final judgements.
spoiler looks great!

woah woah.. is that ANOTHER F10 in your garage??
      02-10-2017, 09:55 PM   #53
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiBruin View Post
Quote:
spoiler looks great!

Thanks man. Yep, that's the wife's 528i. She actually had one first, so I guess I copied her. She gets no spoiler though, lol!
      02-10-2017, 10:15 PM   #54
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
spoiler looks great!

We also have two F10's in the stable; my wife's 2012 base (was mine) 535i and my 2014 M Sport 535i. Hers is Dark Graphite II/Oyster and mine is Carbon Black/Black.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2017, 12:31 AM   #55
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

I was about to say i see another F10! spoiler turned out great!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2017, 12:58 AM   #56
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Quote:
spoiler looks great!

We also have two F10's in the stable; my wife's 2012 base (was mine) 535i and my 2014 M Sport 535i. Hers is Dark Graphite II/Oyster and mine is Carbon Black/Black.
Carbon black/Black is where it's at!
S1ammin44.00
      02-11-2017, 01:18 PM   #57
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Carbon black/Black is where it's at!
Oh yeah!!!

Name:  P1000959_1.png
Views: 508
Size:  1.18 MB

Name:  P1000958_1.png
Views: 525
Size:  1.38 MB
Appreciate 2
S1ammin44.00
      02-11-2017, 02:20 PM   #58
ThaiBruin
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Cleeeean. Keeping that bad boy stock?
      02-11-2017, 06:31 PM   #59
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
THANKS!!!

Visually (other than tint) pretty much, yes. I added the "sport" pedals, dual slat grille and did quite a bit of coding. I've lowered previous cars but just can't stand scraping the front bumper on every little pebble. I also don't need suspension parts wearing prematurely. I've also done a spoiler but regretted it afterword. Did an exhaust once... These days they're too expensive for my retirement pay.

Things may change down the road...
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2017, 07:08 PM   #60
ThaiBruin
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc
Quote:
THANKS!!!

Visually (other than tint) pretty much, yes. I added the "sport" pedals, dual slat grille and did quite a bit of coding. I've lowered previous cars but just can't stand scraping the front bumper on every little pebble. I also don't need suspension parts wearing prematurely. I've also done a spoiler but regretted it afterword. Did an exhaust once... These days they're too expensive for my retirement pay.

i was worried about scraping everywhere too, but honestly, our cars have pretty good clearance, assuming you don't get a front lip. it's been a couple of months now and I periodically check my front bumper and I have yet to see or feel any scratches. *knock on wood*
      02-11-2017, 07:21 PM   #61
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i was worried about scraping everywhere too, but honestly, our cars have pretty good clearance, assuming you don't get a front lip. it's been a couple of months now and I periodically check my front bumper and I have yet to see or feel any scratches. *knock on wood*
My M-I-L's driveway isn't that step but if I don't enter at an angle I scrape.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 11:07 PM   #62
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

The Dinan springs are still settling, but so far I'm liking the look of things. Now, if they could just drop a little more and the bumpstops stop squeaking I'll be in heaven.
Attached Images

02-13-2017, 11:10 PM   #63
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
THANKS!!!

i would just do a mild drop like ACS as the car will have a better overall stance to it as well as handling. you wouldn't have to worry too much about scraping all over the place on an ACS drop

Quote:
The Dinan springs are still settling, but so far I'm liking the look of things. Now, if they could just drop a little more and the bumpstops stop squeaking I'll be in heaven.
that's a pretty conservative drop. how much more do you think it'll settle?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 12:45 AM   #64
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Quote:
THANKS!!!

i would just do a mild drop like ACS as the car will have a better overall stance to it as well as handling. you wouldn't have to worry too much about scraping all over the place on an ACS drop

Quote:
that's a pretty conservative drop. how much more do you think it'll settle?
It still seems to be dropping but not much. I don't put that many miles a week on the car though, maybe 100-150. I get the feeling I may not be entirely happy with the drop in the end, tbh. Right now it's near my original height in the rear but better up front. It has dropped a little more since that photo. I think the ACS/Eibach drop is ideal. There's a chance I'll make a change if I don't like where these end up in say 500 miles or so.
      02-17-2017, 08:02 AM   #65
Sight1
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 535d xDrive

Seems like something is wrong, looking at your before pictures it looks the exact same in the back. You basically just gave yourself some rake. I know when I ordered ACS springs for my 535d they had different part numbers depending on what model I had. They had specific springs for 535d vs 535d xdrive and so on. Basically a set for each engine and whether xdrive or not. You may want to check you got the right springs or at least they aren't the same for every car because obviously they are going to turn out different on each model depending on weight and setup. The ACS spring dropped it perfectly even.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 10:06 AM   #66
jjh2oman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sight1 View Post
Seems like something is wrong, looking at your before pictures it looks the exact same in the back. You basically just gave yourself some rake. I know when I ordered ACS springs for my 535d they had different part numbers depending on what model I had. They had specific springs for 535d vs 535d xdrive and so on. Basically a set for each engine and whether xdrive or not. You may want to check you got the right springs or at least they aren't the same for every car because obviously they are going to turn out different on each model depending on weight and setup. The ACS spring dropped it perfectly even.
Thanks, the Dinan springs were model specific, and I made sure I received the right set and model numbers. After the install they were definitely higher in both front and back initially and are still settling in. The front settled a bit faster, which you're kind of seeing in that photo which was after 100 miles or so. That picture is not where they've settled to at this point, now it's even at about 1.5 finger breadths above the tire all around, which is a little higher than ideal. I can take photos later today to give you a better idea.