2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Marketplace Owner's Marketplace - F10/F11 Classifieds P3Cars Vent Integrated Data Display AND BMW Vent F10 2011+

02-04-2017, 08:05 PM   #1
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

P3Cars Vent Integrated Data Display AND BMW Vent F10 2011+

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
*****SOLD****Selling my p3 gauge with vent out of my 2013 550 F10. Moved over to new BMS stage 2 beta which runs in the obd 2 port so I am using it for feedback on the car through blue tooth on iPad mounted in car. This glows Factory BMW Orange, so it matches all the lighting inside a BMW. Looks factory installed when you put it in.

Excellent condition. Shipping included in price

Brand NEW, This sells for $489.00 plus shipping, so just around $503.00 New.
http://www.p3cars.com/shop/bmw/bmw-5...p3-vent-gauge/ but I am selling for $375.00. Takes about 10-15 minutes to install and matches factory dash colors so looks OEM.

*****SOLD*****

Specs:

Available Readouts

Boost: This mode will show vacuum and boost. Depending on settings in the config menu this may be from ECU data or an external analog sensor, or MAP wire-in for BMW. Boost is read in PSI by default and Vacuum is inHg. If you configure the gauge to metric boost/vacuum will be in BAR.

Coolant: Coolant temp. Unlike the needle on your dash, this will show you exactly the temp that your engine is currently running at, and is configurable between Celsius & Fahrenheit.

Air: Air intake temperature. This is the reading of the temperature of the air entering the engine, and is configurable between Celsius & Fahrenheit. On most vehicles, this reading is taken from the T-MAP sensor on the charge pipe, before the throttle.

IGNTN: Ignition timing. This mode will show you the spark timing of your engine in real-time.

EGT: Exhaust Gas Temperature. This is the temp of the exhaust gas as calculated by your ECU. (canbus vehicles only)

Throttle: Actual throttle plate position. Use this mode to see how your car changes the actual drive by wire throttle blade in relation to what your foot tells it to do.

rp-Shift: RPM readout. It can be handy to use this mode to see an exact RPM or to record/playback and see your shifts.

Speed: Actual road speed direct from VSS. This is the actual road speed value of the car, uncorrected. This is the raw value; therefore it may not match your cluster which tends to read high in many cars. This value is taken from the left rear wheel on most vehicles.

0-60: Performance Timer, 0-60 timer with auto start / stop.

Batt: Battery Voltage. This is the voltage of your cars power system, anything between 13-14.5 volts while running is normal.

Code Reading: Read and Clear diagnostic codes, this happens automatically at startup. On K-Line vehicles this is disabled by default because it delays startup.
Peak Recall, Record, and Playback Features Explained.

PEAK RECALL:
The gauge offers peak recall of the PEAK VALUE on the selected mode, since the last recall, or since the vehicle was started. In addition to this, for 2008+ model year cars the gauge also stores peaks for EGT, Air, Coolant in the background, so that you can switch to that mode later, after a lap for example, and recall your peak temperatures. A quick tap of the leftmost button will show your peak value.

RECORD/PLAYBACK:
The 15 seconds record/playback feature is available on canbus vehicles only, and provides a way for you to see 15 seconds of historical data from the current mode. Recording is started when the peak recall button is pressed. Simply tap peak recall, do some acceleration, and then after you are able to look at the gauge again, hold the peak recall button and the gauge will show you the first 15 seconds of data from that mode, as well as RPM scaled onto the bargpaph readout.
Code Reading, Code Clearing, and Extended BMW “Dealer Level” Code Reading.

CODE READING:
For vehicles 2008, code reading is performed automatically on startup. For pre-2008 cars, you must enable code reading in the configuration menu. Code reading at startup is disabled by default on pre-2008 model year cars because the code reading process on older vehicles can take up to 10 seconds, and it would delay startup.

Extended BMW Code Reading.
Extended dealer level codes will be read out for E8X/E9X and 2008+ E6X model and MINI vehicles.

CODE CLEARING:
The configuration menu (see config directions for details) contains a Clr.C option. Use this to clear codes.

The best way to clear codes is as follows:
-Start the car, Enter config menu, Go to the Clr.C option, HOLD the leftmost button till the gauge stops saying HOLD. For pre-2008 vehicles, the gauge will reset and then show CLRD, for 2008+, the gauge will show CLRD right away. For some 2014+ model year vehicles, you may need to shut off the engine, but have the ignition ON before holding the button for Clr.C, but most cars let you clear codes while the engine is running.

Options on Unit:

Display Options / Valet Mode:
d.On = display on, normal operation, Off = Lockout / Valet, display off. Enter config with car OFF to re-enable from valet. On.A = Auto dimmer (must attach green wire to red/gray dimmer line on trunk pop switch or other locations) On.P = persistent dimmer, (stays on last setting after restarts.)

English/Metric:
En.Y Y, N, b, or c English units. Y = English, N = Metric, b = Boost only (boost in PSI, all other data in metric), c = temp in Celsius, all other data in English

Boost Pressure Resolution:
Pr0.1 0.1 or 0.5 or 1.0 decimal point. 0.1 = tenths, 0.5 is rounded to 5 tenths, 1.0 = whole numbers

Vacuum Bargraph:
U.bg.Y Y or N Vacuum bargraph in boost mode – set to N for no bargraph while in vacuum

Shift Light – Gauge display will FLASH when above this RPM:
SL.57 . 30 – 99 Shift light activation RPM x 100, default is 5700

Boost Reading Selection:
bSt.d or A or n, digital or analog or none. (analog is for gauges with boost sender and tubing to manifold) Digital is used for n55/n20 only. The A setting will use the blue wire MAP tap for certain CAR selections. See the vehicle specific settings page.

Analog Input Config (see the analog inputs section for details):
A1.N Y or N Enable or disable the first analog input (brown wire)
A2.N Y or N Enable or disable the second analog input (blue wire)

Code Clearing:
Clr.C Hold the first button to clear codes. See Code Reading and Clearing section above for details.

Code Reading (K-Line vehicles only):
rd.C.n , n = no code read, Y = read at startup

Analog Boost Sensor Calibration (required after install of sensor!):
Cal.b , Calibrate the analog boost sensor to your barometer. — tap left button after confirming the engine is off. Calibrate your analog sensor any time that your altitude changes significantly to ensure the highest accuracy.

Car Selection (not available on all models):
Car.0 through Car.8 and ANLG (analog) mode. See the CHART above for more details.
NOTE: For BMW models, car selections 5 through 8 cause the bSt.A mode to expect MAP sensor 0-5v input on the blue wire. If you have a bSt.P option, this does that instead of Car selection. The default setting for this value will change depending on the gauge model that was shipped. Use Car.0-5 bSt.A for analog boost sensor for this reason.

Sh.X (Y, n, A, P):
Vehicle specific software protocol adjustments (See configuration list for details, use Sh.A unless otherwise directed)

Attached Images

Last edited by mikekilpatrick; 05-09-2017 at 05:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
mr-crown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i Msport

Any pictures?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 06:16 PM   #3
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

Free bump!

I have one of these, i love it, gives alot of good information regarding temps etc. as well as the ability to clear codes...its not a requirement but it is a nice to have! GLWS
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 10:35 PM   #4
matt21484
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Garage List
Free bump, glws
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 12:18 AM   #5
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
How hard is the install process?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2017, 11:36 AM   #6
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

10 Minutes maybe? VERY simple. You snap out the headlight switch and dont even have to disconnect it. Take off the access panel that faces the door. remove 2 small bolts that hold in the AC vent, pop out old vent, insert P3 Vent and gauge and then just plug it in to your OBDII port which is located on drivers side foot well.

Super easy install.

Here is the video showing exactly how to install:

Last edited by mikekilpatrick; 03-02-2017 at 08:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 01:16 AM   #7
spyroz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW f10 550i ///M Sport

so title stated $375 but add say $500? I'm confuse..
      04-05-2017, 10:24 AM   #8
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyroz View Post
so title stated $375 but add say $500? I'm confuse..
re-read his ad, he's stating the original price new....NOT his asking price
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 11:56 AM   #9
spyroz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW f10 550i ///M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpanipuri View Post
re-read his ad, he's stating the original price new....NOT his asking price
oh nvm, i saw it now...lol