2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications 535i Quad exhaust/muffler question, with a twist...

06-13-2018, 01:25 AM   #1
AG2009
Rep
Drives: Space Grey 2014 535i Msport

535i Quad exhaust/muffler question, with a twist...

I've been lurking here for months, since I bought my F10. I've gotta say you guys are pretty on top of it when it comes to these cars... Anyhow. the twist.

I have a 535i, M-Sport, that currently has Porsche 997 tips welded to the stock mufflers, to make it a quad exhaust. I decided to purchase the M5 diffuser and bracket from getbmwparts, and will be installing it soon. I know that the stock location my tips are in now isn't going to work with the new diffuser. In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to move my factory mufflers in enough to clear the M5 openings, but that seems to be a non starter. It seems like I'm going to have to re-muffler the car to get things to fit, so here comes the twist...

I REALLY like my 997 tips, and want to move them over to the new muffler(s), so that means I'm stuck with a single in/out muffler on each side. I'm not really concerned with making more power, (yet) or a bunch of noise (yet) so what have you fine people used as a stock-ish replacement muffler that would work in this situation? My biggest concern after reading these threads is of unwanted droning, so thats on my list of things to avoid. I'm leaving my downpipes, and middle resonator stock (for now) so keep that in mind too. with an otherwise stock exhaust system, is there a single in/out muffler that will fit, and not drone? (there has to be right?..Right??) Let me know, what you'd do, and sorry for the eight thousandth exhaust post.
Appreciate 0