2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Bmw Tire & Wheel Warrenty

06-08-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
sammykinz
Private
Rep
Drives: 535xi

Bmw Tire & Wheel Warrenty

Ok, so I have the BMW SAFEGUARD TIRE AND WHEEL WARRANTY purchased directly from BMW. They found that my left wheel is bent, that is why I have been getting vibration issues from 75 and up MPH. Dealer says warranty will not replace the bent wheel because the wheel does not effect the mounting of the tires. What should I do?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #2
TheGr8Swami
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i M-Sport w/XDrive

Absolutely hilarious that service advisors are playing this game! BMW's Wheel & Tire Protection has saved me numerous times with regards to bubbled up Goodyear LS2 tires; which IMHO are terrible, but you have to pull a tiger's tooth to get them to address non cosmetic wheel issues.
I've had service advisors tell me that the coverage will only replace a wheel if the bend is severe enough for a tire not to hold air pressure! That's a lie. Contact Safeguard and give them your contract number or VIN and report the issue! They will send a mobile wheel repair company to straighten and rebalance your wheel at any BMW dealership!
I was literally seconds away from calling my Auto Insurance company to file a claim to replace 2 bent wheels on my 550xi, when a friend who is a Service Advisor at the dealership where I originally purchased my vehicle assisted me. Not only did the mobile service straighten the two wheels, I paid $125 for them to resurface/refinish both wheels thus removing any curb rash.

A good wheel repair shop can rebalance and resurface your wheels for about $150 to $200 per wheel depending on the severity of the wheel imperfection. Check your local BMW Club Chapter or a local tire shop for Wheel Repair Shop recommendations.

Good luck,

The Swami