2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Changes from March 2011

12-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #45
Bond5M5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 316i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnoop View Post
Here's a pic:

Are you sure extended black panel for F10 will be the same as the one for 5 GT and 7 series? As an option for F10 it costs only 150 EUR (in Germany). I think it will look like the one we saw in the spy shots for new F10 M5 where black panel is only extended to the left and right but not up, meaning numbers will not go off. Would upload picture if anyone can explain how to do it here...
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #46
blackberrycubed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i Xdrive

Are you referring to this picture?

Source: 5post.com

Name:  M5 interior II.jpg
Views: 1811
Size:  362.9 KB
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #47
kube
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d xDrive MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnoop View Post
Here's a pic:

What's interesting is on page 52 of the new 5-Series brochure (page 27 of the pdf on the BMW USA website), there's a picture of the console with the following text:

"Black Panel Display shows the instrument cluster as a matte black surface when the ignition is switched off, with only the chrome rings of the circular
instruments visible in 3-D. When the ignition is switched on, the graphics display lights up, showing the trip computer and Check Control information; below the four analog dials is a high-res, wide-formal Info Display."

The brochure is posted on the website -- in case anyone is interested, click on Request Brochure and this is the new one with the X-drive models and M-Sport options listed

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...Z9bSQjRu2a1rw=

I pick my new 535iX on Thursday -- will see what I get, but I think marketing and manufacturing aren't on the same page.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #48
HFR
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DKG

Is the march-pricelist released yet in any country?
Can't figure out if the current german pricelist is updated or not, but i guess so, it says "stand marz" at the top..? http://www.bmw.de/de/de/newvehicles/...?download=true

The thing thats confusing me is, if this is the march-pricelist, how come the 6FL (USB-connection) isn't standard equipment as you guys stated?

Last edited by HFR; 12-21-2010 at 02:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 02:36 PM   #49
Bond5M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberrycubed View Post
Are you referring to this picture?

Source: 5post.com

Attachment 467833
I'm referring to the same dash but have picture where the car is off and you can clearly see that numbers and everything else in the upper part of the gauges is still visible. I think that dash where black panel is only in the lower part is cheaper than the dash completely made of black panel (as in 5 GT and 7 series). So don't know why would they put cheaper dash in M5 and offer expensive dash as an option for regular F10 for only 150 EUR ??

Last edited by Bond5M5; 12-21-2010 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #50
Bond5M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFR View Post
Is the march-pricelist released yet in any country?
Can't figure out if the current german pricelist is updated or not, it says "stand marz" at the top.. http://www.bmw.de/de/de/newvehicles/...?download=true
This is updated price list which is valid from March, 2011. You also have some individual options in there which were not available before. Also the extended black panel is listed as "Instrumentenkombination mit erweiterten Umfängen" for 150 EUR.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 02:45 PM   #51
Bond5M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kube View Post
What's interesting is on page 52 of the new 5-Series brochure (page 27 of the pdf on the BMW USA website), there's a picture of the console with the following text:

"Black Panel Display shows the instrument cluster as a matte black surface when the ignition is switched off, with only the chrome rings of the circular
instruments visible in 3-D. When the ignition is switched on, the graphics display lights up, showing the trip computer and Check Control information; below the four analog dials is a high-res, wide-formal Info Display."

The brochure is posted on the website -- in case anyone is interested, click on Request Brochure and this is the new one with the X-drive models and M-Sport options listed

I pick my new 535iX on Thursday -- will see what I get, but I think marketing and manufacturing aren't on the same page.
Funny, the text says one thing and the picture shows another.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #52
HFR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond5M5 View Post
This is updated price list which is valid from March, 2011. You also have some individual options in there which were not available before. Also the extended black panel is listed as "Instrumentenkombination mit erweiterten Umfängen" for 150 EUR.

Thank you,
sorry for repeating myself, no doubt then that this is the rmarch-list, but how come the 6FL (USB-connection) isn't standard equipment as stated in this thread?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #53
Bond5M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFR View Post
Thank you,
sorry for repeating myself, no doubt then that this is the rmarch-list, but how come the 6FL (USB-connection) isn't standard equipment as stated in this thread?
Probably it depends on the country...
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #54
HFR
Rep

Quote:
Could be, but it seems we have a diversity of people here, and they've all been saying the same thing. Kind of unusual that GE gets less equipment than rest of europe.

Anyone got the hold of pics showing the Amazonitsilber Metallic and
Champagner Quarz Metallic? Found nothing accurate on google..
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 03:16 PM   #55
kube
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Correct -- it's included in Premium Package 2 (ZP2) in the US.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #56
wolfdog
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320d

Quote:
On page 10 of this Mar11 pricelist, the 530xd is listed as having Auto Stop Start - anyone know if the 530xd will come to the uk?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #57
blackberrycubed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i Xdrive

so what is the consensus, do the 535i x drive (dec build) come with the extended black panel ( not the full black panel) ? so there is text below both speedo and Tach....
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 05:15 PM   #58
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberrycubed View Post
so what is the consensus, do the 535i x drive (dec build) come with the extended black panel ( not the full black panel) ? so there is text below both speedo and Tach....
Not likely, they are talking about March 2011.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #59
NewBimmerMD
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi Msport

"What's interesting is on page 52 of the new 5-Series brochure (page 27 of the pdf on the BMW USA website), there's a picture of the console with the following text:

I pick my new 535iX on Thursday -- will see what I get, but I think marketing and manufacturing aren't on the same page. "

Let us know what you get on your car. I have a September build 535xi and the brochure that was available at that time that I downloaded onto my computer also states that a black panel instrument display is supposed to be standard across the entire 5 series line from the 528i's up to the 550i's. I guess they weren't available at that time. Funny that they would have listed it in the brochure. Hmmm ..... a definite case of false advertising on their part though somewhere in the manual it states BMW reserves the right to make any changes at any time. Either way I don't think I'll miss this feature. At least I got the Combox. Congrats on your new car. You WILL love it and just in time for Christmas.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 11:03 PM   #60
tallshorty
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi

If they advertised the black panel they should honor it. If a big enough complaint is made regarding the false advertising, I wonder if they can retrofit the black panel. Honestly, it bugs me that the current black panel isn't at least symmetrical. It's like a sore thumb that doesn't seem to harmonize with the rest of the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #61
kube
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallshorty View Post
If they advertised the black panel they should honor it. If a big enough complaint is made regarding the false advertising, I wonder if they can retrofit the black panel. Honestly, it bugs me that the current black panel isn't at least symmetrical. It's like a sore thumb that doesn't seem to harmonize with the rest of the car.
I sent an email to BMW USA -- I'll post whatever response I get back.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 04:40 PM   #62
acsoup123
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550xi

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but the new brochure that has xDrive models and M Sport package also seems to do away "Sport Auto" option (which was previously a $500 option)...and looks like all automatic cars will get the gear selector that was included with sport auto option, but paddles will be optional only on non-xDrive models....Kinda seems to me that the Sport Auto option really was no different, only provided paddles!?!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #63
tallshorty
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsoup123 View Post
Not sure if anyone else noticed, but the new brochure that has xDrive models and M Sport package also seems to do away "Sport Auto" option (which was previously a $500 option)...and looks like all automatic cars will get the gear selector that was included with sport auto option, but paddles will be optional only on non-xDrive models....Kinda seems to me that the Sport Auto option really was no different, only provided paddles!?!
That was what I was told by my CA. Sports auto only offers the thicker steering wheel and paddles. Transmission is the same. That's why I didn't bother getting any sports package.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #64
HFR
Rep

Champagner Quarz Metallic
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 10:18 PM   #65
NewBimmerMD
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsoup123 View Post
Well not really. After reading the new brochure, my take away is that they still offer the Sport Automatic transmission but ONLY if you order the Sport Package or the M sport package on a 535i and 550i model. It does not appear to be a stand alone option OR available for the Xdrives or the 528i any longer. They do make a distinction between 2 types of auto transmissions available though it is not as obvious as with the previous brochure. On page 30 they refer to the 8 speed Steptronic auto transmission in regards to it reducing fuel consumption and smoother shifts and on page 35 they refer to the 8 speed Sport Automatic transmission with regards to optimizing acceleration and shift comfort. It still appears they have different gear selectors based on the type of transmission you get on page 52. There has been much conjecture about the difference between these 2 transmissions. If your a techie read the article link below about the ZF 8 speed transmission. " The ZF 8 speed is not a single transmission but rather one transmission case with various internal, customer-selectable options. " It has been inferred at least based on this article and its diagrams that the Sport Auto transmission adds a wet-multiplate clutch pack that minimizes shift times for performance cars.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...sion-tech_dept

Last edited by NewBimmerMD; 12-22-2010 at 10:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 11:10 PM   #66
AlBoston
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 740i xdrive & 2018 640GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBimmerMD View Post
Well not really. After reading the new brochure, my take away is that they still offer the Sport Automatic transmission but ONLY if you order the Sport Package or the M sport package on a 535i and 550i model. It does not appear to be a stand alone option OR available for the Xdrives or the 528i any longer. They do make a distinction between 2 types of auto transmissions available though it is not as obvious as with the previous brochure. On page 30 they refer to the 8 speed Steptronic auto transmission in regards to it reducing fuel consumption and smoother shifts and on page 35 they refer to the 8 speed Sport Automatic transmission with regards to optimizing acceleration and shift comfort. It still appears they have different gear selectors based on the type of transmission you get on page 52. There has been much conjecture about the difference between these 2 transmissions. If your a techie read the article link below about the ZF 8 speed transmission. " The ZF 8 speed is not a single transmission but rather one transmission case with various internal, customer-selectable options. " It has been inferred at least based on this article and its diagrams that the Sport Auto transmission adds a wet-multiplate clutch pack that minimizes shift times for performance cars.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...sion-tech_dept
This post pisses me off. The sport automatic does not add a wet multiplate clutch. They listed the cars that use that (Mercedes, etc) and the F10 is not included!!!! Stop posting incorrect information please!
Appreciate 0