2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 42,387 Miles last warranty service on f10?

11-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #1
spyroz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW f10 550i ///M Sport

Unhappy 42,387 Miles last warranty service on f10?

So, I had my car in the dealer for a couple complains.
1. my engine vibrate when i'm at the stop light, I can feel the whole car shaking, it even vibrate the seats.
2. strong mildew smell coming from the AC every time I first turn it on.
3. rear brake making noise
4. starter making weird noise after engine start
5. oil change
and a couples of other thing I can't think of it right now, so is this the last time I will have my car service or what? does anyone run into similar issue like me or what?
      11-06-2014, 06:19 AM   #2
akaye7474
Rep
Drives: HONDA CIVICS

1. most likely your engine is misfiring. check engine light should be on?
2. common problem in not just BMWs.
3. probably need to replace brake pad and/or rotor
4. is it a squealing sound?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2014, 09:18 AM   #3
RSBro
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i M-Sport

The "chemical" smell is from your cabin filters. Ask them to replace them. Mine was just in for it's 30k service and they swapped them and no more funky odor when turning the A/C on.

I have rear squeals with my brakes on the RR, but it only happens sometimes. The brakes and rotors are fine, I think it's the brake sensor that does that. They need to just clean it up.

I see you have a '12 550- have you had your fuel injectors swapped yet? When I got my car it kept giving me that error and going into Limp Mode. I had that fixed (which they're aware of on our engines) and no issues for about 7 months now and huge difference in driving. You should have zero idling/shaking issues.

I've had the engine "shriek" before after engine turnover as well but it's been months since that happened last. I'm not sure what it is but yeah. It's hard to complain about something when they can't replicate it at the shop...

I'm picky about my car and take it in for every little thing, since that's what we pay for. Don't feel bad about getting it all fixed for free! It's gonna cost big $$ later lol.
      11-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
spyroz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaye7474 View Post
1. most likely your engine is misfiring. check engine light should be on?
2. common problem in not just BMWs.
3. probably need to replace brake pad and/or rotor
4. is it a squealing sound?
I just got the car back today from the dealer, well they replace most of it.

1. they replace the windshield wipers
2. did an oil change
3. replace the rear break pads
4. they found out that the starter is making that squealing noise, so they replace the starter.
5. the car vibration is cause by the big V8 so they say, and they said that's normal. Hmmm...????
6. they didn't do anything for the bad smell in the AC unit, which is suck because it smell like someone puke or vomit in my car after a nice of alcohol.
      11-06-2014, 08:40 PM   #5
spyroz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBro View Post
The "chemical" smell is from your cabin filters. Ask them to replace them. Mine was just in for it's 30k service and they swapped them and no more funky odor when turning the A/C on.

I have rear squeals with my brakes on the RR, but it only happens sometimes. The brakes and rotors are fine, I think it's the brake sensor that does that. They need to just clean it up.

I see you have a '12 550- have you had your fuel injectors swapped yet? When I got my car it kept giving me that error and going into Limp Mode. I had that fixed (which they're aware of on our engines) and no issues for about 7 months now and huge difference in driving. You should have zero idling/shaking issues.

I've had the engine "shriek" before after engine turnover as well but it's been months since that happened last. I'm not sure what it is but yeah. It's hard to complain about something when they can't replicate it at the shop...

I'm picky about my car and take it in for every little thing, since that's what we pay for. Don't feel bad about getting it all fixed for free! It's gonna cost big $$ later lol.
Yeah, I hear ya man. Me too, i'm picky like you, I wanted to get all fix before it hit 50K. Mine had the injectors done already, they also reprogram the system. But for some reason, it shake when i'm at the stop light.
      11-10-2014, 09:37 PM   #6
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyroz View Post
I just got the car back today from the dealer, well they replace most of it.

1. they replace the windshield wipers
2. did an oil change
3. replace the rear break pads
4. they found out that the starter is making that squealing noise, so they replace the starter.
5. the car vibration is cause by the big V8 so they say, and they said that's normal. Hmmm...????
6. they didn't do anything for the bad smell in the AC unit, which is suck because it smell like someone puke or vomit in my car after a nice of alcohol.
The "big V8" isn't a cause for #5 - you're getting a big line of BS. My 550xi is smooth as butter when stopped at a light - you can barely feel it humming and would think the engine was off (and yes, I've disabled the auto start/stop feature). You should take it back or somewhere else.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 10:59 PM   #7
spyroz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
The "big V8" isn't a cause for #5 - you're getting a big line of BS. My 550xi is smooth as butter when stopped at a light - you can barely feel it humming and would think the engine was off (and yes, I've disabled the auto start/stop feature). You should take it back or somewhere else.
Thanks for your respond, I will definitely have it check at another bmw shop. the one I went to call Morizt BMW of Arlington, TX. beside the service guy the service repair was crap! they dented my car twice, took all my change, and most of the time they don't do shit when you ask them to. I will never go back there again. Shitty shop!

as my car is getting close to 50K i'm also looking to purchase extended warranty, any suggestion?
      11-11-2014, 01:38 AM   #8
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Do you always run your aircon?

The smell is usually found when people don't run their aircon all the time and only use it when it's hot. Bacteria builds up in the system and is responsible for that smell, BMW should have at least offered you an aircon refresh service even if they were going to charge you for it. Try an independent aircon service centre and have this done.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #9
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
Do you always run your aircon?

The smell is usually found when people don't run their aircon all the time and only use it when it's hot. Bacteria builds up in the system and is responsible for that smell, BMW should have at least offered you an aircon refresh service even if they were going to charge you for it. Try an independent aircon service centre and have this done.
Exactly what happened to me with my previous (not BMW) car.

Changing cabin air filter will help quite a bit with the smell, but having AC "refresh" done should get rid of it completely. As suggested here, I've gone long periods without running my AC, especially in winter months, but was not aware this would be an issue.

Nicely explained (and makes sense) - learned something new today
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #10
RSBro
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
Same here. I don't have start/stop but my car is near whisper-quiet at idle inside the cabin. No shake, etc..