2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Issue with F10 connecting to Verizon Droid Incredible

03-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
G5
Rep
Drives: Alpine White F10

Issue with F10 connecting to Verizon Droid Incredible

I have a Verizon Droid incredible phone and the bluetooth will connect to the F10 fine but as soon as I select Accept Device from accessing my phonebook, it will disconnect right away. If I leave it and don't answer then the bluetooth with work fine but it will continue to ask every couple of minutes which is very annoying. Does anyone has the same issue and know how to work around this?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
DSB_550
Rep
Drives: 11' 550i

huh, i also have the incredible and have no problems connecting. It takes a minute or so to transfer the address book after connecting but i haven't seen any other issues with it.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
pms
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSB_550 View Post
huh, i also have the incredible and have no problems connecting. It takes a minute or so to transfer the address book after connecting but i haven't seen any other issues with it.
How many contacts do you have on your address book?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
DSB_550
Rep
Drives: 11' 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
How many contacts do you have on your address book?
not to many, maybe 50 or so
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #5
DSH
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G5 View Post
I have a Verizon Droid incredible phone and the bluetooth will connect to the F10 fine but as soon as I select Accept Device from accessing my phonebook, it will disconnect right away. If I leave it and don't answer then the bluetooth with work fine but it will continue to ask every couple of minutes which is very annoying. Does anyone has the same issue and know how to work around this?

Thanks,
This is a month old so perhaps you've already found the answer, but, yes, that's a common problem. Mine usually disconnects if I select "Always" from the dialog asking for permission. Some people have reported success, but perhaps this may help:

"The Bluetooth stack that HTC shipped with the Droid Incredible lacks support for Serial Port Profile (SPP) Bluetooth and Human Interface Device (HID) Bluetooth. Which in layman's terms means that a lot of Bluetooth-equipped cars, keyboards, and other accessories just don't work with the Incredible."

My wife's Motorola Droid X works like a charm.
Appreciate 0