2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum climate settings

04-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d MSpt

climate settings

..in my E92 i used to leave the climate control in "auto" at all times and "auto" had three options...basically seemed to effect the speed? powerfulness? of the blowers...these were

soft
medium
high

in the F10/11 there don't seem to be any options to set these anymore.....reason i ask is that it feels like after the recent s/w update the average speed/power of the fans in auto mode has gone up from say soft > medium power for no reason.....or i could just be imagining it maybe it is because my last few journeys have been too short and the system was still trying to achieve the target temp setting and hadn't got there before i got out of the car.......just wondered if anyone else noticed anything similar or knows if there are any menu options i've missed in i-drive.

ps: in navigation options i noticed there is now a "3D Exits" option...has that always been there? never noticed before...guessing it has.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
eripers
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: F11 523i

The fan up and down buttons will let you select between 5 (i think( intensity levels when in auto.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #3
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

There are four modes in auto. When "Auto" is selected, you will see the fan speed indicator bar with four positions. Pressing the fan button will move between the four auto "intensities" as it is called in the manual.

when you override to manual, moving the fan speed indicator manually changes the fan speed.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks. Will try that and RTFM next time new software resets everything to default should have realised as I lost my 8 hot key settings as well
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
cliveywolves
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport Plus Edition 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernmonkey View Post
Thanks. Will try that and RTFM next time new software resets everything to default should have realised as I lost my 8 hot key settings as well

Yep that's def correct about the auto climate option it gives you a different fan option to manual fan operation ! Just checked on my F10.

But 3D exits must be a new option, I've not got that as a option in my settings?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #6
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

thanks for replies...that sorted it RTFM next time.

yeah not sure about the "3D Exits" one i'm sure i've not seen that one before...next time i've got nav guiding me somewhere be interesting to see if anything different shows up in the split screen display if I have "arrow view" active in the smaller right hand pane.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #7
eripers
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: F11 523i

Quote:
thanks for replies...that sorted it RTFM next time.

yeah not sure about the "3D Exits" one i'm sure i've not seen that one before...next time i've got nav guiding me somewhere be interesting to see if anything different shows up in the split screen display if I have "arrow view" active in the smaller right hand pane.
The 3D exits option checked a 3rd drawing with lane details will show up on the right spitscreen when approaching motorway exits. This is independent of whats active there.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #8
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
northern,

Get a 4 GB USB stick and save your settings to it. (From your port in the glovebox) Could probably make by with a lot smaller one but it was the smallest size I could find.

That way, you can pop in back in and retrieve all your settings when you need them.

Also, I think on previous BMW's there were a lot more HVAC options that could be set from the I-Drive. With the new HVAc panel in the 7 and 5, along with the revised I-Drive, many are now gone.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #9
Titanflux
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 335d M Sport auto

Garage List
Regarding the auto climate settings, only if you got the extended functions option do you get 5 settings for the forcefulness of the auto program. It's just changed now by pressing the fan speed buttons whilst in auto mode.
      04-16-2011, 12:17 PM   #10
cliveywolves
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport Plus Edition 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanflux View Post
Regarding the auto climate settings, only if you got the extended functions option do you get 5 settings for the forcefulness of the auto program. It's just changed now by pressing the fan speed buttons whilst in auto mode.
Yep good point !
Appreciate 0