2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Problem with BMW F10 520d, I guess it's EGR. Help!

02-05-2022, 05:48 PM   #1
saddam
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520d 2015

Problem with BMW F10 520d, I guess it's EGR. Help!

Car with problem: BMW F10 520d 2015 LCI 104.000 km

Hi guys, i was recently to BMW for a recall, for change my "gas cooler" , I don't know if this is the piece correct name, is something related to the EGR and it has to be replaced. The problem was that, they didn't checked EGR Valve and Intake Gallery too, they only checked Gas Cooler (EGR), and replaced it. After that the car started to have vibrations in idle (worst than it had before), a little reduced power and there is a little shake when you start/stop the engine (I don't remember if is the same like before or a little more shake). A friend told me it might be EGR Valve which is clogged and does not make the whole circuit. So i disconnected the plug from the EGR Valve and I was driving the car 1-2 miles like this (the car could't rev more than 2500 rpm), after that i stopped the engine and i plugged it back in it. A magic happened for 1 hour, the car was driving super fast, the engine vibrations ware gone, and the little shake from start/stop was complettly gone, the car was soo smooth and it was so powerfull. My friend told me this is a temporarily fix, and the bad symptoms will come back after i will start/stop the engine 1 or 2 more times. It was exactly how he said, but I put the car on ISTA and it is having 0 errors and everything seem to be perfect, I tested everything 1 by 1. What it can be?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2023, 04:52 PM   #2
Aladinnu
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30

Hi. Did u solve the problem?
Appreciate 0