2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding No Profile Option/ No English/Please Help!

04-08-2019, 12:09 PM   #1
Ldobbins
Registered
Rep
Drives: 528i

Unhappy No Profile Option/ No English/Please Help!

Hello,
I really need some help. BMW Geniuses cant even figure this one out!
Ok, I bought a 2011 528i ( possibly imported from Europe.) I have 1 key.
The idrive in the car is in German or Dutch (not sure). I have tried to go into setting and then profiles but there is no profiles option in my settings. I tried everything but no luck until a few weeks ago I was pressing buttons trying to figure this out and suddenly the profiles options popped up on my screen. It gave me the option to change the profiles to guest and I did. This fixed everything. Idrive was in English and Bluetooth and every other feature started working. I was happy! Then I went to work and came out, unlocked the car with my key fob and everything went back to the same profile belonging to the previous owner with German only option in settings. And I cant figure out what I did to get the profiles option to populate. Any suggestions please!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 12:20 PM   #2
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldobbins View Post
Hello,
I really need some help. BMW Geniuses cant even figure this one out!
Ok, I bought a 2011 528i ( possibly imported from Europe.) I have 1 key.
The idrive in the car is in German or Dutch (not sure). I have tried to go into setting and then profiles but there is no profiles option in my settings. I tried everything but no luck until a few weeks ago I was pressing buttons trying to figure this out and suddenly the profiles options popped up on my screen. It gave me the option to change the profiles to guest and I did. This fixed everything. Idrive was in English and Bluetooth and every other feature started working. I was happy! Then I went to work and came out, unlocked the car with my key fob and everything went back to the same profile belonging to the previous owner with German only option in settings. And I cant figure out what I did to get the profiles option to populate. Any suggestions please!
You probably need to get into coding; or have someone do it for you. I messed-up coding a couple of years ago adding different languages and ended up with the same issue. I don't remember what I did, but I had to go into some modules and undo what I did and make US English the default.
Appreciate 0