2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media IE92: F10 M5 front end conversion!

03-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #111
karriman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW x7

the car is hot, I don't know why everyone is hating. I bet it looks better than 99% of whatever all the haters drive.
      03-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #112
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Nice job man. Car looks really good.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #113
CVF10
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 2012 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV0LVE View Post
This car looks good on picture and even better in person! Not once was it passed on as another car or another model. Owner made an effort to get his car the way he wants and he did. Congrats on Evan! I know you're making a lot of people jealous, otherwise you wont be getting this much hate. HA!
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Wow some of you guys are so hell bent on the fact that its a 528. Not everyone is into street racing. The car looks good so that's all that matters here right? As long as the owner isn't rebadging the car an M5 i don't see a problem whatsoever. Tons of people put on M parts on their "regular" Bmw's because it looks good, not because they are trying to pretend its a M car. This isn't something new.

Just relax and give credit where its due. At least now you lucky M5 owners will know how your car will look with bigger wheels and a drop.

Alan
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #114
pyrat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 series

that looks great

JOY is being offered in manual transmission and RWD.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #115
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriman View Post
the car is hot, I don't know why everyone is hating. I bet it looks better than 99% of whatever all the haters drive.
That's a pretty strong statement.
I am not here to show off what I drive and what I can afford so and some of the negative comments maybe it will make more sense to you.
      03-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #116
DaveL
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 335 coupe msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
two things that really impressed me about this car when i saw it at the LTBMW meet:

1) the stance, drop, wheels, and wheel fitment were absolutely on-point
2) the color is absolutely stunning in person. BMW needs to make this a standard color.
Never mind the quote...Like that yellow dude it really works with the CF roof
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #117
dmz
Captain
Rep
Drives: me nuts

Looke nice. But I have 2 issues with this conversion:

1. With all the money he spent, he could have bought a 535i and would have ended up with a much better performance car.

2. Now, if he gets killed by another car, the other guy will brag that he killed an M5.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #118
DaveL
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 335 coupe msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriman View Post
They are just expressing various opinions and there are quite a few positive reactions here so don't go calling the defense league just yet and i am sure the OP isn't offended..Haters?? Get real.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #119
IE92
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Thank you all for the comments... I really appreciate it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUZN335 View Post
Love it Evan! I'm just waiting for your next... Ya kno...
Thanks Brian! I know what you're referring too and I can't wait either

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
oh my... absolutely luv the conversion!!
in almost all the pic threads of the meet, ppl thought it was an actual m5.
Thanks Infamous. Your posts never cease to amaze. They crack me up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@Showroom Motorsports View Post
Simply Stunning in person! If you really want to have a great view, have this car follow you on the freeway. It looks absolutely
Thanks for your help Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshab356 View Post
Dope as hell. What about the rear fenders? Do the front fenders poke out more than the
rears?
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran@ltbmw View Post
very nice. The front fender is wider? But I see the rear quarter are the same? So the front is just wider on the m5?
Thanks Long.

I'm not positive, but I believe the rear fenders on the new M5 are the same as the non-M5. I could be wrong, but the reason I think this is the M5 rear bumper is the same as the M-sport rear bumper. Same part number and everything. I assume if the rear fenders were wider the rear bumper would be wider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_z4 View Post
definately a show stopper! great choice of color.
Thanks man! It was nice meeting you at LTBMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVF10 View Post
This car is very well executed. Not once did I think he was trying to pass it off as an M5. Nobody says anything about the guys who do M-Sport conversions so why say anything about IE92's M5 conversion? Other than it's freaken awesome!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderrick View Post
one word to sum it all up evan........

LEGIT
I appreciate it Rick. I can't wait to see your car with your new M-sport front bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV0LVE View Post
This car looks good on picture and even better in person! Not once was it passed on as another car or another model. Owner made an effort to get his car the way he wants and he did. Congrats on Evan! I know you're making a lot of people jealous, otherwise you wont be getting this much hate. HA!
Thank you. Great meeting you last weekend at the meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Wow some of you guys are so hell bent on the fact that its a 528. Not everyone is into street racing. The car looks good so that's all that matters here right? As long as the owner isn't rebadging the car an M5 i don't see a problem whatsoever. Tons of people put on M parts on their "regular" Bmw's because it looks good, not because they are trying to pretend its a M car. This isn't something new.

Just relax and give credit where its due. At least now you lucky M5 owners will know how your car will look with bigger wheels and a drop.

Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTA F10 View Post
Quick question...What color was the car originally? Just curious with the wrap process, I assume the door jambs and inside areas under hood/trunk areas are still are the original color (hopefully black to carry on the blue/black theme.

Or are the wrap guys so good they do most of the jamb/inner areas too? Just curious what it looks like when you open the door, hood, or trunk...
The car was originally black, which works out well. You can see some black in the door jambs and engine bay, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACSTER View Post
Your car is straight LEGIT!!!! Can't wait to hang out in May @ Bimmerfest
Thanks Kev! It's going to be really fun. I can't think of anything morr fun
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #120
Patman
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E91 Touring 320d

Garage List
that is a killing machine !

gorgeous job and color choice ...

AWSOME .........
      03-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #121
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by IE92 View Post
Thank you all for the comments... I really appreciate it!!

Thanks Brian! I know what you're referring too and I can't wait either

Thanks Infamous. Your posts never cease to amaze. They crack me up

Thanks for your help Brian.

Thanks Long.

I'm not positive, but I believe the rear fenders on the new M5 are the same as the non-M5. I could be wrong, but the reason I think this is the M5 rear bumper is the same as the M-sport rear bumper. Same part number and everything. I assume if the rear fenders were wider the rear bumper would be wider.

Thanks man! It was nice meeting you at LTBMW.

Thank you!

I appreciate it Rick. I can't wait to see your car with your new M-sport front bumper.

Thank you. Great meeting you last weekend at the meet

The car was originally black, which works out well. You can see some black in the door jambs and engine bay, etc.

Thanks Kev! It's going to be really fun. I can't think of anything morr fun

Yor car looks cool and you are happy with it. That's what matters, right! I love people who dare to do things their own way!

Ever since BMW themselves started putting M-styling and M-badges on the non M5 5-series cars, a M-sport 5-series looks just like a M5 to the average Joe in the street. I have had people come up to my car and ask if it's a M5 (bog standard M-sport E60 520D). You have to be very interested in BMW's to see the difference between a M5 and a M-sport 5-series. So, in my view, BMW is doing exactly the same themselves. Ie. making a normal 5-series look like a M5. I guess there are quite a few guys out there who claim they have raced, and beat, a M5. But in reality they where "racing" a 5-series with the M-sport package... Do all of us know how to tell a Jaguar XFR from a XF with the sportsstyling while driving on the street (a lot will, but many won't is my guess).

My other car is a Ford Sierra RS Cosworth, which definitely had unique styling that you did not get on any other Sierra from the factory. There was no "Cosworth lookalike" model from Ford. Same with the E30 M3. Back then you could possibly make a valid point about a standard Sierra made to look like a Cosworth model. But now BMW, Audi etc are all milking the most they can off their M/Quattro brands, making cars with styling that makes them pass for a M5/RS model to the general public. If it's ok for BMW to do this, then why not let someone order parts from BMW to modify his/her car?

If there is any credibility loss for the M5, then in my opinion that is more because BMW themselves are pushing regular 5-series cars with M-sport styling...
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #122
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by username11 View Post
Seriously? Why is this on the front page? There are entire threads devoted to fake M cars and this is the worst of them all, an entire M front end conversion on a 528.

Trying to make a 230hp 528 look like a M5, complete with the side gills and the M5 badges.

This is a poseur car.

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #123
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Seriously? Why is this on the front page? There are entire threads devoted to fake M cars and this is the worst of them all, an entire M front end conversion on a 528. This would be like Forza featuring Fiero conversions.

Trying to make a 4 banger 528 look like a M5, complete with the side gills and the M5 badges.

This is a poseur car. Sure it looks good but the complete lack of integrity is not attractive.

Agreed with you. Our point is not that the car is ugly, but the idea behind making a non M look exactly like the M. Quad pipes, side vents.....
      03-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #124
phrozen06
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328it, RIP M3, E46 Sold

Quote:
Seriously? Why is this on the front page? There are entire threads devoted to fake M cars and this is the worst of them all, an entire M front end conversion on a 528. This would be like Forza featuring Fiero conversions.

Trying to make a 4 banger 528 look like a M5, complete with the side gills and the M5 badges.

This is a poseur car. Sure it looks good but the complete lack of integrity is not attractive.

He can do whatever he wants it's not your money. You act like what he eats make you sh!t.
      03-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #125
Vallabh S Dhawan
India
Rep
Drives: 525d,touareg V6

The M5 conversion looks absolutely brilliant

Could you maybe provide a list of parts needed for this conversion, i would be very much interested in doing this as well. An M-sport conversion is costing me around $10k, so is there a big difference in price compared to yours.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 11:35 PM   #126
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Funny how all the hate is coming from M owners...

Not everyone has the means to buy a M or not everyone has the desire to spend the extra cash for one. Not everyone has rich parents to buy you an M car either. How about you guys get off your high horse and stop ruining this thread.

As for the 528 not having the performance to back up its looks ...who cares if the owner doesn't? A 528 Msport looks just like a 550 Msport too minus the exhaust tips.... There's tons of 335 guys that could put it on M cars so does that mean those M cars shouldn't look as aggressive anymore? Enjoy what you have and let others do the same. We are all BMW enthusiasts and should be better than this to each other.

Alan
      03-18-2012, 02:53 AM   #127
Keik E92 M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW  [9.00]
2011 BMW 335i  [6.80]
looks amazing!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 03:07 AM   #128
longtran@ltbmw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by IE92 View Post
Thanks Long.

they are the same. I tried looking up rear quarter panel and they are both the same. but why would BMW make only the front wider???
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 04:05 AM   #129
dela
Black/white Ninja
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 118D Hatch 3D AW

Just heard that Schmiedmann had supplied the front and the finders - I deal with the same guys you did. That conversion will be trend setting for the F10 I believe - NICE job
      03-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #130
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Because this is a 528 not a M5 but now it's a fake M5. Who cares? I have an ethical problem with things that pretend they are something they are not. This is a bad example of a poseur car. I can't believe that you don't find something wrong with blatant deception and imitation.

Let me just copy a resume of a guy with 30 yrs of experience even though I just got into my field. That should be OK right? Nothing wrong with lying my way through life. Screw working for something, I want it now, so I'll just fake it.
IMHO BMW does exactly the same with the M-sport option. Why do BMW offer a M-sport kit? To make it look like an M5 to the average Joe in the street obviously. The M-sport kit is an imitation of the M5's looks. A 520d with the M-sport kit is just as much a poseur car as this one IMHO.

Ok, it's a "fake M5", but it's not the same as going throug life lying about your resume. It's more like taking plastic surgery to "improve" your looks or buying silicone boobs for your wife. They are "fake" but look great (depending on your position on silicone boobs of course... ).

Some like the Q-car concept, others like to have the looks. Maybe the next project we'll see is someone with an M5 changing to standard bumpers, front end and 535i exhaust tails....
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #131
mantisepc
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 2012 528i M-Sport

who said anyone is possing to be an M5, he said he had a 528 with an M5 conversion, he never came out and said "hay i have an M5" so why is he posing. i like the M5 bumper more than the m-sport and i think i will change mine too because it looks nicer, does that mean i will also say my car is an M5 absolutly not it just means i like the bumper more. duh. and i just sold my e60 m5 for a f10 528. i could afford the new M5 but i would rather have the shape of one and save on the fuel efficency. did u know 38mpg pretty sweet one tank two weeks.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #132
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
IMHO BMW does exactly the same with the M-sport option. Why do BMW offer a M-sport kit? To make it look like an M5 to the average Joe in the street obviously. The M-sport kit is an imitation of the M5's looks. A 520d with the M-sport kit is just as much a poseur car as this one IMHO.

Ok, it's a "fake M5", but it's not the same as going throug life lying about your resume. It's more like taking plastic surgery to "improve" your looks or buying silicone boobs for your wife. They are "fake" but look great (depending on your position on silicone boobs of course... ).

Some like the Q-car concept, others like to have the looks. Maybe the next project we'll see is someone with an M5 changing to standard bumpers, front end and 535i exhaust tails....

You got it all wrong. M-sport does not come with M5 side vents, front bumper and quad pipes. I commute in a 335 diesel with the Msport package and it does not look anything like the M3.