2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Dinan Lower Springs with F10 DHP Package?

12-30-2023, 12:20 AM   #1
SocomCA
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Question Dinan Lower Springs with F10 DHP Package?

Hey guys,

I have a 2016 BMW 550i xdrive with the DHP Dynamic Handling Package and I was wondering if the ride quality would affected if i installed Dinan lowering springs with dinan bump stops or if it would affect the DHP package.

I have 20 inch M5 OEM rims and want to reduce the wheel gap

I want to install these: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...g-set/?pdk=AQI
Attached Images

Last edited by SocomCA; 12-30-2023 at 12:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2023, 09:52 AM   #2
cdmulders
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SreeM View Post
Hey guys,

I have a 2016 BMW 550i xdrive with the DHP Dynamic Handling Package and I was wondering if the ride quality would affected if i installed Dinan lowering springs with dinan bump stops or if it would affect the DHP package.

I have 20 inch M5 OEM rims and want to reduce the wheel gap

I want to install these: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...g-set/?pdk=AQI
I can't give you a definitive answer, but a related one. I installed the ACS springs onto my xDrive, and it has both the DHP and the ARS. The ride seemed to get just a little bit more sensitive to bumps, but I got used to it almost immediately. The other aspects of driving quality, including cornering, weight transfer, nose diving, etc, all improved. If the Dinan springs are progressive (like the ACS) then it even means that you can still load up the car with as much weight as you like, and it won't go too low. I cannot see any down side with changing the springs to the Dinan. If I remember correctly, they don't lower the car as much as the ACS ones.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2023, 12:50 AM   #3
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

First, before you switch hardware, go ahead and buy the Dinan Shockware (should work with your car since you have a 550 drive). If the Shockwave doesn't cut it, then switch our springs for Dinans. The Shockware is great for our cars even with stock suspension
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2024, 11:41 PM   #4
SocomCA
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmulders View Post
I can't give you a definitive answer, but a related one. I installed the ACS springs onto my xDrive, and it has both the DHP and the ARS. The ride seemed to get just a little bit more sensitive to bumps, but I got used to it almost immediately. The other aspects of driving quality, including cornering, weight transfer, nose diving, etc, all improved. If the Dinan springs are progressive (like the ACS) then it even means that you can still load up the car with as much weight as you like, and it won't go too low. I cannot see any down side with changing the springs to the Dinan. If I remember correctly, they don't lower the car as much as the ACS ones.
thanks!
Appreciate 0