2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Pairing Android Phone

08-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #23
Dandle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyxologos View Post
I was referring to this:
I see, sorry I was referring to the last bit.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #24
psyxologos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 330 ci SE, F11 530d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandle View Post
I see, sorry I was referring to the last bit.
No problem. OK, I did everything you said on the previous message (All e-mail accounts set up as mail accounts, "EMAIL" activated under "Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Bluetooth settings -> Advanced Settings -> Message access settings"), but still no emails synchronising. I go to office --> messages and only see sms and service messages. I go to office 'today' and there appears to be no unread messages, despite the fact that there actually are a few unread emails. What am I doing wrong?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #25
BigP535I
Second Lieutenant
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: F10 AW Mtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCs F10 View Post
Big P,
Do you have BMW apps and the 6nr option enabled? I'm curious if you actually need anything more than pro nav for txt and music album covers to stream from your sg2.

I do think I have 6nr enabled, I had bmw apps but since saleman saw I didn't have an iphone he took out the docking station and took off the cost from the sales price. The cover art didn't transfer to the screen, just the music details. However as I stated now with this htc 4g I dont get that anymore just option to go to next song or back, my cousin is getting the S3, i'm gona test that out on the car and see how that works.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #26
chrisdoha
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 530d M Sport

Ok, occasionally, the contacts do get displayed. So i thot y not jus copy them to the internal hard drive...Does any1 how to copy the contacts from my phone to the cars internal drive via bluetooth or usb?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #27
psyxologos
Second Lieutenant
Rep

@Dandle: any idea what might be wrong? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #28
snj1013
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i

I have read that the problem may be the manufacturer of the phone. For example HTC may not allow emails through the Bluetooth MAP even though the System Settings may be set correctly. Prior to my upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich, I could see Text Messages, now I can't. I havent messed with this too much, not still can't get emails through. Contacts are slow to transfer, but do show up.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #29
psyxologos
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj1013 View Post
I have read that the problem may be the manufacturer of the phone. For example HTC may not allow emails through the Bluetooth MAP even though the System Settings may be set correctly. Prior to my upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich, I could see Text Messages, now I can't. I havent messed with this too much, not still can't get emails through. Contacts are slow to transfer, but do show up.
This may be true, but Dandle has the same phone with me (HTC Sensation), and he said his works. It might be that I am doing something wrong, I don't know. By the way, my phone is sim free, and last week I got a Sense update...
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #30
snj1013
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i

Do you have the same service provider? You might not have the same ROM.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 12:24 AM   #31
Dandle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
@Dandle: any idea what might be wrong? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
The only thing I can think of if your phone has the settings ok is that you will need to unpair the phone from the car. Then when you repair the car asks you about what you want to transfer with some message about data usage. Make sure you have both music and messages selected on the cars menu. then wait 5 mins and see if the emails and sms's appear in the office section on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj1013 View Post
Do you have the same service provider? You might not have the same ROM.
We most likely don't have the same rom, I am using darkforest but this is still built on the same sense version just tweaked so in theory the sensation should work.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 03:07 AM   #32
chrisdoha
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdoha View Post
Ok, occasionally, the contacts do get displayed. So i thot y not jus copy them to the internal hard drive...Does any1 how to copy the contacts from my phone to the cars internal drive via bluetooth or usb?
Any1 able to answer my que?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #33
psyxologos
Second Lieutenant
Rep

No luck. I unpaired the phone and re paired it but still no emails. The office screen just says 'no unread emails' when there are plenty of them in reality...
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #34
chrisdoha
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Ok...so my cars gota new disease... as soon as u pair the fone.. i get my entire phonebook, sms and emails... after 2-3 mins, the phonebook says no entries...bt i still get sms and emails all the time.and the last received list and recently dialed have got names and numbers.

so i took it to the dealership today and demonstrated my ordeal.... technician thinks there smthin technically wrong... so cars booked in for 27th.... so lets c after tht..

ive got a htc sensation running ICS
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #35
Dandle
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No luck. I unpaired the phone and re paired it but still no emails. The office screen just says 'no unread emails' when there are plenty of them in reality...
They don't need to be unread. Mine has email, messages and service messages for message types so I can view each type all together or individually read emails, sms's or the service messages if i wish. It also shows both read and unread messages.

Quote:
Ok...so my cars gota new disease... as soon as u pair the fone.. i get my entire phonebook, sms and emails... after 2-3 mins, the phonebook says no entries...bt i still get sms and emails all the time.and the last received list and recently dialed have got names and numbers.

so i took it to the dealership today and demonstrated my ordeal.... technician thinks there smthin technically wrong... so cars booked in for 27th.... so lets c after tht..

That is similar to mine when I had to clean up my Google account as the car couldn't fathom out the way Google had organised the contacts so only displayed the ones it could. You should try cleaning up your Gmail contacts then delete them off the phone and re-sync them back from Gmail again.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #36
psyxologos
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

If you have added pictures to your contacts (other than those from facebook) take them off. I had the same problem and by removing the pictures from my contacts solved it.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #37
psyxologos
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
They don't need to be unread. Mine has email, messages and service messages for message types so I can view each type all together or individually read emails, sms's or the service messages if i wish. It also shows both read and unread messages.
I don't get this. I only get sms and service messages icons in my car. So there is something else at play there. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 04:03 AM   #38
chrisdoha
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That is similar to mine when I had to clean up my Google account as the car couldn't fathom out the way Google had organised the contacts so only displayed the ones it could. You should try cleaning up your Gmail contacts then delete them off the phone and re-sync them back from Gmail again.
You are a genius mate. I fixed a few google contacts, then deleted all of them frm my phone, resynced it bak.... and voila, they stay in the fone.. also emails, SMSs, service messages, all in ther all the time... good stuff... thanks a lot.
Appreciate 0