2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK BMW Information Plus Problems in UK or a faulty unit ???

11-28-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
ukf11grufallo
Registered
Rep
Drives: f11

Angry BMW Information Plus Problems in UK or a faulty unit ???

Hi

I got my new F11 about 2 weeks ago. Since then I have not been able to make a single call to BMW Info plus successfully. I always manage to get through to them, I hear them but they have intermittent reception of my voice to the point where I cannot hold a conversation to tell them where I'd like to go.

I also have an F10 car. I have *never* experienced a problem talking to BMW Info plus from that car.

I can make calls from my F11 car using my phone (connected via bluetooth) so the microphone in the car should be working.

I have been told by BMW Assist that they have these problems in the UK but they were not able to give me any indication of when they expect to fix them. They say its the network operator's problem (T-Mobile). Also despite promising to call me back with an update they havent which isnt great customer service.

My dealer has not completely washed their hands off this but pretty much they are saying 'well the car works, the pro-nav works, its a problem with connected drive'.

---> Do you have any problems with reaching Info Plus in the UK ?

---> Have you been sold any other stories about what the problem is and when it will be fixed?

Let me know!
Appreciate 0