2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Delay on F11 due to gearbox?

03-15-2011, 05:29 AM   #1
Carbonschwartz
Rep
Drives: F11 520d SE

Delay on F11 due to gearbox?

Hi all - has anyone else recently been told they have an extended delay on delivery of their F10/11 at the moment?

Im getting seriously irate with my dealer who keeps shifting the goalposts wildly on me. My order was placed on 19th Jan 2011 (F11 520d SE Auto, few extras). When I placed the order, they told me it would certainly be with me by last week in March - equating to to 10 weeks. Delivery was then moved on a week to 4th April, then again on to 11th April.

As Id not heard anything from them for a while (they are a nightmare with communication - zero response to email or voicemail), I gave them a call yesterday. I run a business with my car, and I need it urgently at end April early May. They told me now that BUILD week is now 18th April, with delivery estimated for May 9th! (equating to 16 weeks total)

Needless to say - I am incandescent about this. They told me that they have limited information as to the cause of the delay, but that it is due to a delivery problem with the auto box. Has anyone else had this?

Last edited by Carbonschwartz; 03-15-2011 at 06:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 06:32 AM   #2
335dxd
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: F31 335d Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonschwartz View Post
Hi all - has anyone else recently been told they have an extended delay on delivery of their F10/11 at the moment?

Im getting seriously irate with my dealer who keeps shifting the goalposts wildily on me. My order was placed on 19th Jan 2011 (F11 520d SE Auto, few extras). When I placed the order, they told me it would certainly be with me by last week in March - equating to to 10 weeks. Delivery was then moved on a week to 4th April, then again on to 11th April.

As Id not heard anything from them for a while (they are a nightmare with communication - zero response to email or voicemail), I gave them a call yesterday. I run a business with my car, and I need it urgently at end April early May. They told me now that BUILD week is now 18th April, with delivery estimated for May 9th! (equating to 16 weeks total)

Needless to say - I am incandescent about this. They told me that they have limited information as to the cause of the delay, but that it is due to a delivery problem with the auto box. Has anyone else had this?

..think they are pulling your plonker...I confirmed my order on the 18th Jan. Was built last week and being delivered w/c 28th March.
Not much you can do about it in reality apart from a rant at them but definately not heard any issues about gearbox delays etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 06:38 AM   #3
Carbonschwartz
Rep
Drives: F11 520d SE

Interesting. Thats my feeling also. They were very lazy in confirming the order - really had to chase them down for an order acknowledgement, and when it arrived it was (guess....) wrong. I have a feeling it fell through the cracks at the dealers. Really unhappy - its totally screwed my plans up for end April. Whats that BMW keeps telling us about 'JOY' of ownership? Shame it evaporates after they have your $$$.
Appreciate 0