2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Buying from Broadspeed. OK?

02-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #23
Ewymac
Ewymac
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 520d se sports auto on order

Car built and on the way to dealer! Made first contact with bspeed on 5/12/11 that's 9wks to date and promised fist week in march collection. 12 wks as promised that pretty good service! I'm very happy with the whole process
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #24
james d
DOME
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340

Mojave is the same as Havana,have it on my 520d SE Touring.
The other broker with a very good reputation is Drivethedeal. They put you in touch with best dealer's price.Honest John in Telegraph often recommends them.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #25
andyk500
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d M sport Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_luvver View Post
Alright alright!! I've ordered and gone for the professional multimedia package. You guys win!

How do I feel??? A little bit

A little bit

And a little bit
What colour did you go for in the end??????

and did you get it from BS????????
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #26
Shake n Bake
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 520d M-Sport Prof Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_luvver View Post
Alright alright!! I've ordered and gone for the professional multimedia package. You guys win!

How do I feel??? A little bit

A little bit

And a little bit
You won't regret it. I picked mine up today. It's awesome. I feel like a king when I'm inside it. Luxury
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #27
Z4C_luvver
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Phoenix Yellow Z4C

Good to hear andyk. All this to look forward to... I think I need a lie down....
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 05:36 PM   #28
Z4C_luvver
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I got the Sophisto grey. I saw the colour thread here and fell in love with it. Saw one drive past the other (sunny) day and nearly tripped over. Gorgeous!!

Nice to hear the other users love it too and felt they made the right choice (for them). Delivery is around mid-April. Counting down now....
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2011, 07:00 AM   #29
Z4C_luvver
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by james d View Post
Mojave is the same as Havana,have it on my 520d SE Touring.
The other broker with a very good reputation is Drivethedeal. They put you in touch with best dealer's price.Honest John in Telegraph often recommends them.
Hey James,

Could you post some pictures of your car? Are you happy with your choice?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 04:34 AM   #30
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

When i checked drivethedeal last they didnt have BMW listed sadly - and yep - mate ordered a Tiguan through them and was very happy with their service - and the £4k off the list price!
      02-14-2011, 10:53 AM   #31
james d
DOME
United Kingdom
Rep

5er,have taken several pics on wife's quite good digital SLR,but er, not sure how to attach to reply,dinosaur i know,will get help from kids asap.
Had Deep Sea Blue on previous E61 and would have gone for that again but Senior Management had other ideas! Quite like it,positives are; it's virtually unique,when clean it's got a lovely greyish tint,but negative is that it's basically brown and of, shall i say, limited positive effect on resale value!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 05:42 AM   #32
Z4C_luvver
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

No probs James. After doing a lot of research and visiting a dealer, I've settled on Sophisto.

My friend has a Z4 with havana, and I love it.

Still like to see the pics though when you get a moment.

My next quandry is getting the Anthracite wood trim. I think I'll have to do it. The car so far has all the aspects that I want, except for the trim. Aaaargh!! Well, it's only money!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 03:49 AM   #33
Z4C_luvver
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by james d View Post
5er,have taken several pics on wife's quite good digital SLR,but er, not sure how to attach to reply,dinosaur i know,will get help from kids asap.
Had Deep Sea Blue on previous E61 and would have gone for that again but Senior Management had other ideas! Quite like it,positives are; it's virtually unique,when clean it's got a lovely greyish tint,but negative is that it's basically brown and of, shall i say, limited positive effect on resale value!
James, I saw Deep Sea Blue today and I must say I like it. Is it a popular colour?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 08:24 AM   #34
james d
DOME
United Kingdom
Rep

Saw a few E60/61's but very few F10/11's,so obviously not popular.Grey(s) seem very much in vogue at the mo, but DSB is a lovely colour and everyone who saw it,loved it.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #35
SpawneyGet
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewymac View Post

Just got a message that it is built and in paint shop! Not long now.
Surely paint shop first before assembly? Unless you mean the body-in-white was "built" and then sent to the paint shop. Or one other possibility is that the fully assembled car went into final inspection and they found some paintwork defect that needed spot repairs in the paint shop area.

Anyway, I also played the Broadcourt card (like Shake N Bake) to negotiate with Sytner guys and got them to closely match the price. Delivery in end March, all going well.

Last edited by SpawneyGet; 02-16-2011 at 08:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 04:20 AM   #36
Z4C_luvver
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Yes, that'd have to be referring to the BIW. Assembly after that is fairly quick.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 06:21 AM   #37
Ewymac
Ewymac
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 520d se sports auto on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawneyGet View Post
Surely paint shop first before assembly? Unless you mean the body-in-white was "built" and then sent to the paint shop. Or one other possibility is that the fully assembled car went into final inspection and they found some paintwork defect that needed spot repairs in the paint shop area.

Anyway, I also played the Broadcourt card (like Shake N Bake) to negotiate with Sytner guys and got them to closely match the price. Delivery in end March, all going well.
Process wasn't explained to me. However informed today March 2nd to dealer, hopefully pick up 5th march! Agonising wait!!

Train to dealer then road trip, Nottingham to Gloucester to tetbury then back to Manchester! It's like waiting for a new born child!!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #38
F11UK
Rep
Drives: F11 520d SE

I found that Broadspeed promised a lot, but then the other dealers in the Inchcape group wouldn't supply them with a car/slot. Or at least that's what they said.

So, I took their offer and went to another dealer group, who matched Broadspeed's price.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #39
northernsole
Registered
Rep
Drives: 520d F11

Fortunately my local dealer group (Colchester) is Coopers and they are part of the Inchcape group. As a result I was able to use the Broadspeed tactic very effectively and got it for the Broadspeed price with some freebies thrown in as well. I did the same with my last car, a VW Passat, and amanged to knock them down to match the price. It's an invaluable tool now especially if the dealership is part of the Inchcape group or any other group that similar companies use.
Appreciate 0