2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Buying from Broadspeed. OK?

02-07-2011, 04:07 AM   #1
Z4C_luvver
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Phoenix Yellow Z4C

Buying from Broadspeed. OK?

Hi,

What's the concensus about buying from Broadspeed? Are there any pitfalls I should look out for?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 06:34 AM   #2
Shake n Bake
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 520d M-Sport Prof Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_luvver View Post
Hi,

What's the concensus about buying from Broadspeed? Are there any pitfalls I should look out for?

Thanks
I almost went down this route myself. I did quite a bit of online research and found a good amount of positive and zero negative feedback. I spoke with my uncle who has owned an independant used car dealership for over 30 years and he advised that these kind of brokers were no different than a dealer. They buy from the same place and you get the same product for considerably less.

I forget now how much cheaper the car I specced up was going to be from broadspeed but I think it was £31,500 (down from £35,000).

I went to my local dealer for a testdrive and ended up negotiation a price of £32,500 BUT with the addition of a 3 year service package worth at least £500. So that took the price to being very similar but I felt more comfortable spending a couple of hundred more and having a face and a showroom to deal with (less than 1 mile from home) so I placed the order there and then.

i subsequently changed jobs and transfered the order into the company car scheme, but that's another story

I'd recommend going to your dealer and have a go at getting the 9% discount I negotiated. It's totally possible but takes a good 90 minutes and actually sales have been way down since I ordered in early December, perhaps you can do better.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
Ewymac
Ewymac
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 520d se sports auto on order

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
I went through broadspeed as I have very little experience in negotiating with dealerships. I also went to 2 of my local dealers for test drives and tested the water and I heard very little movement on price. I also promised I would come back to them when I'd done some research. The price I was quoted from the broadspeed dealer (Inc their cut) could not be matched and they were incredulous at the price I was quoted! Consequently I have had a very smooth process, well supported by the dealer. There are obvious issues with the fact that I will have to travel to collect the car and I am a bit apprehensive about warranty issues, if it has to go back. I have been told that it can go to any dealer. But as Shake n Bake says don't have the face/contact you have developed a relationship with.

I must say that I have a reasonably low specced car but I have managed about a K4 discount inclusive of bspeed cut! I would use them again!

Just got a message that it is built and in paint shop! Not long now.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
andyk500
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d M sport Carbon Black

I negotiated with two local dealers, got them up to 5%. broadspeed offered me 10% Inc their cut, placed order and now dealing direct with dealer. Car is due to collected early march, everything has gone excellent so far.

My work colleagues just ordered an X3 with BS. Local dealer offered £500 discount, broadspeed offered 8% he's placed his order with them and his BS BMW dealer is only 30 miles away they've even offered to deliver it to his house !!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 12:32 AM   #5
Shake n Bake
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Those bigger discounts are absolutely possible, but perhaps it's a matter of timing. Maybe you have to drop lucky and land on a dealer just when he needs 1 or 2 more sales to make his end of quarter targets. It's worth trying a few different dealerships perhaps. I should probably confess here that the great discount I got was thanks to my wife's negotiating skills which are far better than mine.

To go back to the Broadspeed question, if they've offering 9% and the dealer is just at 2% then I would go for it without hesitation. Any dealer will accept your warranty claim as (in my understanding) it is not them paying for the work, they charge it back to BMW so warranty work is desireable for them as they make money on it.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 01:22 AM   #6
Ewymac
Ewymac
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 520d se sports auto on order

Thx Shake n Bake! I feel better!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 07:28 AM   #7
Z4C_luvver
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks all for your replies.

Yes, their prices are fantastic, and after the order process is done, apparently I'll be handed over to a dealer. I'm OK with that. Thing is, I'm buying brand new, to MY OWN spec, for less than some ex-demo cars that have had who-knows-who in them.

Glad to hear/read positive reviews.

I'm ordering Sophisto Grey, with oyster/black interior, 328 wheels, sports steering wheel and Business media pack. All for 29k

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 02:05 AM   #8
Shake n Bake
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks all for your replies.

Yes, their prices are fantastic, and after the order process is done, apparently I'll be handed over to a dealer. I'm OK with that. Thing is, I'm buying brand new, to MY OWN spec, for less than some ex-demo cars that have had who-knows-who in them.

Glad to hear/read positive reviews.

I'm ordering Sophisto Grey, with oyster/black interior, 328 wheels, sports steering wheel and Business media pack. All for 29k

Cheers
We all have different preferences. For me you've GOT to spend a bit more and go for the professional media pack - it really makes the interior experience
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 06:17 AM   #9
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

For the £400 extra .. if i was going fr the business - id pay the diff and get the larger screen.
      02-09-2011, 07:00 AM   #10
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d MSpt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
For the £400 extra .. if i was going fr the business - id pay the diff and get the larger screen.
+1

if you can stretch to it the media pro does make the interior. the screen is superb. actually i'm starting to think people that have been in my car compliment it so much its all they remember about the car.....nice screen
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 07:28 AM   #11
Z4C_luvver
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Blimey, I can't stretch another 400, only if I go for white. What's the most popular colour out there?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #12
andyk500
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

White seems to be the in colour at the moment, all the showrooms seem to have White in. My favourite is carbon black. Two colours in one, but if you like dark colours go for jet black. I think it's worth going for one of those two so you can get the pro media upgrade and you'll have 200 left over for another option?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #13
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

Jet Black and Oyster/Black looks stunning .... i went to order a white 520d ... the dealer had a demo in the Black and Oyster - and realised thats what i wanted!

But as ever - colour preference is very personal.

£200 saved... maybe DAB radio?
      02-10-2011, 12:37 AM   #14
Matt01
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d Lux

DAB is a must, they will turn off analog radio at some point in the future... It should really help at resale!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 01:47 AM   #15
Shake n Bake
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyk500 View Post
White seems to be the in colour at the moment, all the showrooms seem to have White in. My favourite is carbon black. Two colours in one, but if you like dark colours go for jet black. I think it's worth going for one of those two so you can get the pro media upgrade and you'll have 200 left over for another option?
White is the new Silver - every bugger has one. Best avoided for that reason alone. However it, and one of the black options are no extra charge (if I remember correctly), leaving you the money for the Professional Media and some change.

I went for Imperial Blue, I'll find out what it looks like tomorrow when I finally get my hands on the thing.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 05:44 AM   #16
Z4C_luvver
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Wow you guys all sound so excited. It's nice to see. Now I'm really in a quandry!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 05:56 AM   #17
Z4C_luvver
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Hey, is Mojave the same as Havanna???
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 05:55 AM   #18
Z4C_luvver
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Alright alright!! I've ordered and gone for the professional multimedia package. You guys win!

How do I feel??? A little bit

A little bit

And a little bit
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 06:36 AM   #19
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Alright alright!! I've ordered and gone for the professional multimedia package. You guys win!

How do I feel??? A little bit

A little bit

And a little bit
Peer pressure is great

You won't regret that decision I assure you. It's only money....what else you gonna do with it? buy food? heating for your house? what a waste

you've got this now to look forward to:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #20
Z4C_luvver
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

You're right. I don't regret it already!!! Thanks!!!

indeed.

Hey, you're from the South East, did you get yours from Arden BMW?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 07:21 AM   #21
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You're right. I don't regret it already!!! Thanks!!!

indeed.

Hey, you're from the South East, did you get yours from Arden BMW?
no. car was supplied via Vines BMW at Redhill. Not my local dealer at all but had last two cars through them now and both been hassle free transactions.

....I should have also said...I may live in the SE but I'm still a NorthernMonkey
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #22
andyk500
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

My 520d M sport is on order with Arden. Very smooth order processing and Great communication from them, they have been really helpful. Called me today to say it's just left the factory. Can't wait .....
Appreciate 0